Fitness Thread

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Who else here is physically active? Well anyways, here's what I do:
20-46 minutes of running/jogging(probably around 4-4.5 miles seeing how I can run 1 mile in like 9 minutes if I push myself)
4 sets of 25 push-ups with a set of 20 extras, sometimes more
1 set of 50 sit-ups with 2 sets of 25-30 more
2 sets of at least 240 straight-arm bicycle crunches
2 sets of around 55 super-mans
2 sets of about a minute of holding a plank position
2 sets of 10 reps of some leg exercise that's done in plank position
2 sets of 10 curls on one large barbell that weighs approximately 63 pounds used for both arms at the same time
50 reps of a 20-pound weight that are spread out in some form or fashion
2 sets of 200 jumping jacks
2 sets of 200 ski steps
2 sets of a brutal H.I.I.T. I found on Youtube that is approximately 15 minutes for each set

What do you all do?

I always set up a routine to get more exercise, but my lungs fall short. Always.

Walking my dog is enough until I strengthen them.

Ever since I got my Exercise Bike last Christmas I've done about an hour of Biking almost every day for the exception of Sundays (Which I designate as my break day. Though sometimes if I'm not feeling like exercising one day I would make that day the break day and on that week still bike on Sunday)

To make sure I don't get bored with it I either play games (Usually Smash 4 or Mario Maker), listen to music, or watch videos.

finally a good thread

I went for a ~20 km bike tour yesterday, I usually go to a swimming club on fridays but there's holidays for everyone currently and they don't operate the swimming hall in that time so that sucks.

I regularly go to a gym usually but I haven't been there since last month or so

dw ill get there

I go to the gym three times a week. Usually I alternate between upper and lower body, and I include some cardio every day.

The most physically active I get is by doing chores

Otherwise, I'm very sedentary

Does watching game shows while posting here count as being active?

No?

Well crap.

I guess going to the gym and doing chores are my only ways of being active.

Oh boy, I am aware of how important it is to control the calories you eat if you want to lose weight but I'm just too lazy to do it correctly. I should properly try to do so.

If anyone's looking for a gym routine, I'll recommend the one I started doing. You can adapt it to how much weight you can lift; the main purpose is that you make progress in how much you can lift.

Calories in / Calories out isn't even an effective way to control your weight. A lot of the time you end up eating less than what your body needs, making you feel hungry and leading you to binge out on something junky. It's about the types of food you eat.

freakworld said:
I regularly go to a gym usually but I haven't been there since last month or so

who is this beta ****** ew

a friend and me go to the gym on sunday every week now. I still go to the swimming club every friday evening, when i can (couldnt the last few weeks due to stuff happening). Also I went to a sports course my workplace offers twice now (~30 minutes during your break, aka longer break that day). they have vibrating plates and some sort of weird noose thingies where youre hanging in and doing exercises. Both pretty tough but i guess youll get adjusted to it the more you do it.

my workout routine at the gym goes something like

-warmup: 7-10 minutes bike on level 5-8 (varies a lot, basically doesnt matter anyways)
doing each of the next in sets of 3 with 30-60 sec break:
-10x either chest pushing (you know like, pushing up weights) or the butterfly (or reverse butterfly? the one thats for the chest) machine at around 40 kg (-20 for the bar when im doing it with free weights and not the machine)
-10x the leg press at 109 kg
-10x the thing where you pull down a bar from behind and above your neck (its for your back) at around 40 kg (this is for the machine that does a similar thing (without a bar), i only did the bar once and with less weight because its harder)
-15x a machine where theres a bar on your lower shoulders and youre pushing it back using your lower back muscles (kinda hard to explain) at around 45 kg
-10x some thing where you pull a rope towards you and its for the muscles between your shoulders basically (under the neck) at around 25 kg
-10x a thing where you pull a rope down with your elbows close to your body (its for the triceps) at around 25 kg
-sometimes 15x sit ups with 5kg weight
-15x a thing where youre hanging in a structure with your arms on these armrests and the rest of your body is in the air and then you basically move your legs up (for the lower abs)
-10x (both arms) biceps with dumbbells at 8kg each
-cooldown: 7-10 minutes crosstrainer (level 1 lol)

my new years resolution is to build up to where i can actually start doing some real exercises

after i had surgery i kind of just let anything i had built up over the summer deteriorate to where it started to affect my posture. i eventually had to go to physical therapy and because i am human garbage i let it happen again. but now i at least know how to do some basic exercises so____. also an objective is putting on some weight.

I came up with my own little HIIT. It's tiresome and tough, I did about 10 rounds of it. It starts with 30 jumping jacks while holding up light barbells, then doing 5 squats while holding the barbells straight out, then 10 pushups, a 30 sec plank, 15-second planks while holding up one leg for both legs, then 5 knuckle pushups. I think it made me stronger because I can now lift my big weight over my head more easily when I want to squat it.

Stargazing said:
I always set up a routine to get more exercise, but my lungs fall short. Always.

Walking my dog is enough until I strengthen them.
it's been a year and this is still my life

Umm... I don't really do a lot of activity, I mainly just stay in and do various Mario stuff...
But saying that, I do walk a long way, go swimming fairly often and I also do archery roughly weekly, I'm pretty good at it now and I have my own bow. I also cycle on occasion, but yeah, not a lot.

Back