Poll Discussion (New banner!)

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Do you want to be part of the Poll Committee? Now's your chance! We have started a new term and we're looking to fill seven spots in the Committee.

The Poll Committee is a both fun and important way to have an impact on the wiki. Besides letting your creativity flow, you get to choose how an important part of the Wiki's Main Page will look.

Sounds interesting? The application process is simple! Just send me a PM saying you would like to be part of the PC and include a sample poll by you.

There are only a few, simple requirements you need to know before applying:

*First and foremost, you must be active.
At the pace of one poll a week, it is absolutely crucial that our members check the dedicated board at least once every three days. Too many times have members have been fired due to inactiveness.

*You must have an account on the Super Mario Boards. Poll Committee discussions take place solely in here, so you'll have to make an account here if you don't have one.

*You should have a creative mind. Polls are one of the first things visitors see upon visiting Super Mario Wiki, so we need quality ideas and we need to not fall in the same type of questions.

If you are active and have a creative mind, you should apply, you won't regret it! Best of luck to everyone applying! Applications are due Saturday, July 30th, 2016. Feel free to post any questions or concerns below.

Re: The Poll Committee is looking for members!

Friendly reminder you still have a couple of days to apply! The deadline is Saturday, July 30th at 12:01 AM EDT.

Re: The Poll Committee is looking for members!

Sorry for the triple post, but I am very glad to announce we have decided on the members for the Seventh Poll Committee! Thanks to everyone who applied, and congratulations to:

• Baby Luigi
  • Freakworld
  • LudwigVon
  • Mariofan169
  • Roy Koopa
  • Stargazing
  • The Pyro Guy

I am confident we will have a great year. Look for our new poll tomorrow night!

This topic can now be used for general discussion about the polls. Your comments, suggestions, etc.

Re: Poll Discussion (congratulations to our new Poll Committee!)

And we all thought Star wasn't coming back.

I'm so glad that Andymii's and my very wise and carefully chosen words of encouragement made Star come back.

You didn't give me a compelling reason to return. Maybe next time? ;P

Well if internal motivation doesn't want to get you back, maybe it's fine if you take a break or something.

Re: Poll Discussion (New features!)

We have two new features I'm happy to announce! First, you can now fill out this form to suggest polls to be featured on the Main Page. Please be mindful of the requirements for polls!

Additionally, this week's poll is the first of a series of wiki-related polls which will happen on the last Sunday of each month. These polls are a way to know more about our users and their browsing habits, and hopefully to help us improve.

Re: Poll Discussion (New features!)

Awesome!

Time Turner said:
Andymii said:
This is MarioWiki:Polls' new banner. It was collectively designed by the Poll Committee and drawn by The Pyro Guy.

We hope you all like it!

[/quote]

It looks really good, but what is that blob in the middle supposed to be?
[/quote]

It's from MPIQ. BLOF ripped the background and the cloud (which is from the game) was drawn by TPG.

Back