Could somebody translate some Japanese object names from the Mario Encyclopedia?

Hiccup

Goomba
It has names for objects and enemies that don't have any official names.
It could be a very good source, but I don't know Japanese :P

There are some scans and photos online. E.g. the SM64 section:
http://n64thstreet.com/post/133312108791/scan-time-super-mario-64-highlights-from

I have the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros. and the Super Mario Memorial Book. So, if you need info on something that is found there, tell me!

I wouldn't mind some scans (and translations if you can do that sort of thing) of the object/gimmick pages for New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS).

Hiccup said:
I wouldn't mind some scans (and translations if you can do that sort of thing) of the object/gimmick pages for New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo DS).
Remember what was said in this thread.
If there are more specific aspects you would like to see, however, I'm happy to transcribe them for you. I didn't study Japanese, so I rely on web translators, which means my translation will be imperfect, though.
If you want an example of what I mean, see my talk page on the Wiki.

Okay. Just the names and descriptions of objects with some context (i.e. what images they were beside) would be fine :)

Ok, to clarify a point, since answering to single points already requires some time, many weeks will be needed for all the items, as the pages are dense and Japanese text has to be copied through OCR-like apps (Google Translate).

Hiccup said:
Okay. Just the names and descriptions of objects with some context (i.e. what images they were beside) would be fine :)
Mister Wu said:
Ok, to clarify a point, since answering to single points already requires some time, many weeks will be needed for all the items, as the pages are dense and Japanese text has to be copied through OCR-like apps (Google Translate).
If you wanted to reduce your workload and prioritize tasks, any correct names for items or objects currently listed at Category:Articles with conjectural titles are needed. Retrieving the item descriptions as suggested by Hiccup, could possibly be done later, rather than together (I'd imagine descriptions would be a lot more time-consuming to translate than names).

The descriptions are only needed if they for some reason contains names in themselves. Which is unlikely. The actual name headings are what is needed, for articles with conjectural names, or no Japanese name.

how did i just notice this

I've been dying to do something like this for a while and I can certainly try to translate these in my spare time. it looks simple and easy since its just a guidebook and most of the item descriptions are just a sentence long, but I'll still need to find some time to do it, probably this weekend if you're willing to wait. if you wouldn't mind pointing out which pages you specifically want translated first since it seems there are a lot of objects, that would be very helpful :ashley:

edit: if it's just the item pages then i'll be able to knock that out in an afternoon lol

I'm mainly interested in NSMB games. But anything object/enemy/character that isn't on the wiki, or doesn't have a Japanese name listed (or the name listed is different to the name in the 25th anniversary encyclopedia) is great.

since you were interested in the NSMB pages only I can't seem to find those on the website you linked or with a quick and dirty google search however if Wu does get around to transcribing the text from the guide then I am more than happy to translate that so that we do not have to rely on google translate.

Back