This site is logging me out even though I'm not pressing the logout button

Natalie J.

I have no mouth, but I must traffic.
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
I pressed the link to check my unread posts, but for some reason I was logged out. I didn't press the logout button, so I don't know what's going on. This has happened before, and I can tell you I set the always keep me logged in function after I get logged out.

Did you remember to tick "Always stay logged in" when you logged in?

D.Va said:
Did you remember to tick "Always stay logged in" when you logged in?

Yes, unless I don't plan on using the computer again (which rarely happens).

Well, when you fail your password on the login screen with "Always stay logged in" enabled, the text box where you would usually put the amount of minutes to stay logged in will have a number. I can't remember the specific (large) number, but perhaps it really only lasts that amount of minutes.

dont know a fix but this randomly happened to me before as well (however only like, twice in the 5+ years ive been here so).

It's all done with cookies, so all I can recommend is clearing your marioboards.com cookies and then logging-in with the "Always stay logged in" box checked to get a fresh one.

This is happening to me as well with the same browser I always use. I've tried ticking the stay logged in box and typing a large number in the "minutes to stay logged in" field and yet I am logged out every time I reopen the browser. I haven't changed any of my cookies settings but I'll try that.

porplemontage said:
It's all done with cookies, so all I can recommend is clearing your marioboards.com cookies and then logging-in with the "Always stay logged in" box checked to get a fresh one.

Where do I find my cookies on Chrome?

F-777 said:
porplemontage said:

Where do I find my cookies on Chrome?

see that blank page logo next to the www. in marioboards.com? click on that, then on the number of cookies

porplemontage said:

I just did that, so now I'll see if it happens again.

Are you clearing your history? Because if you're using a Mac, deleting your history also deletes your cookies, which logs you out of Marioboards.

Back