What is your pick-up and play game?

Dashbot

BREEE
You know, sometimes when you are bored you want to play something, but at the same time, you don't want to start another playthrough and/or don't want to get immersed in stories. What is the game that can basically play at any time?

I think Pikmin 2 might be the one for me. Also Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

fitegames of all sorts

smash, tekken, mortal kombat, street fighter, mvc, pokken tournament, etc

Anything on my smartphone, and nowadays that consists of Geometry Dash and Tiny Tower.

Smash or Mario Kart

...although I end up spending about a week playing nothing but them whenever I pick them up

Mario Kart and FIFA and my two main go tos if I'm really bored.

prob. Final Fight.

It's also the game I use when testing new controllers and stuff.

Super Smash Bros and Rhythm Heaven

Super Smash Bros usually

or any other fighting game (DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Blazblue, etc)

Usually, the *only* types of games I play are pick up and play

which means Smash Bros., Mario Kart, or Left 4 Dead 2

Splatoon

i can easily dump a few hours into ranked/turf wars

Baby Luigi said:

dude you are missing out.

I don't really have any game that fits this. When I play a game, I play it a lot for about a week or two (more if it's a game I really enjoy) and then leave it for months or years before coming back to it at random, if I ever do come back to it.

For me, it's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (as Maria Renard). They are so engaging.

Shaggy said:
Baby Luigi said:

dude you are missing out.

Like, what? I never complete my single player games because of the aforementioned three are just that great,

I mod those three games, and modding content is a reason I love coming back to them.

I'd say something like Metroid Fusion or Kirby Triple Deluxe. Both of them come from my two favourite game series.

Oh, and also Splatoon.

Dota 2 bot games. It's not super audio intensive either, so I can listen to new albums while I play.

Back