Giving "genderless" pokemon genders

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Not sure why the genies, Heatran, and the eon(Latios and Latias) duo have genders but not the others. Anyways, here we go.

Mew- 50-100% female, the thing was said to give birth to mewtwo not to mention how it's cute and pink
Mewtwo- Obviously seems more masculine, but that one movie gave it a female voice for whatever reason. 87.5% Male
Articuno- 50% male and female, I can see this as an beautiful elegant female bird as much as a fabulous male bird. Male birds can be really pretty
Zapdos-87.5% Male, I see it as male, but I can also see it as a tomboyish femald
Moltres- 87.5% Female. It looks serene, fire can be feminine to me for some reason, and I just see it as female
Lugia- 50% Female and Male, it has feminine beauty and I can see it as a mother, but I could also see it as a male guardian
Ho-Oh- 50-100% Male, male birds usually have colors and beauty like Ho-Oh
Celebi- 50% Male, I see traits of both genders
Regice- Not sure, ice kinda points towards female I guess? I don't know
Regirock- Bulky and strong, so I'd say male or either completely genderless
Registeel- Still not sure. Maybe male because metal is masculine?
Regigigas- This large, bulky, strong creature was rumored to have somehow pulled the continents, so I'd say male
Rayquaza- It's fierce and referred to as a "he" in one of the side games, but I do see some female traits, so 50% male
Groudon- Large, bulky, expander of continents, and referred to as "he" in the same side game. Mostly or completely male
Kyogre- I do see some beauty in this thing along with the water typing(seems kinda feminine to me), but it's also powerful and fierce, so I'd say 50% both genders
Jirachi- I could see it as a young girl or a young boy, so again, 50/50
Deoxys- I can't tell. I do see some male traits though.
Manaphy- Looks feminine to me, but it was referred to as "Prince of the Sea" in its movie, so 87.5% Female
Phione- Looks like either a baby boy or little girl, so 50% both genders
Dialga- Male in one of the side games, fierce, steel-dragon, but I do see how some could see it as female. 50% male

At this point, I just wanted to go to bed. I'll edit later. What do you all think of the "genderless" pokemon as?

Considering animals have no clear way of telling that they're "feminine" or "masculine", I say 50-50 for all of them.

You don't need to give every pokemon a gender; the Regis are perfectly fine genderless.

Also, basing genders off looks is dumb when pokemon like Lopunny exist, which is 50/50 for male/female.

>implying bulky, strong, and muscular must mean male

tumblr_inline_msdc2khfSA1qz4rgp.png

learn to see things beyond dried up gender roles, it's 2016 now and you like mlp so you should be well aware of this

Baby Luigi said:
Considering animals have no clear way of telling that they're "feminine" or "masculine", I say 50-50 for all of them.

Humans are an animal

masculine and feminine traits don't count in pokemon at all
i mean, machamp has a 50% chance of being female, so lol

This thread is basically 'stereotyping/assuming genders based on shitty gender roles- the thread'

And whats wrong with genderless pokemon anyway? its probably done for a reason (whether it be so people can't breed them or what)

Yohane Tsushima said:
This thread is basically 'stereotyping/assuming genders based on shitty gender roles- the thread'

And whats wrong with genderless pokemon anyway? its probably done for a reason (whether it be so people can't breed them or what)
It's partly that, and I don't think the beings controlling all of time and space for example would have a gender. They're basically deities.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, some do. Look at Northern Cardinals for example. The males are red and the females are brown.

Well, looks like this is gonna be the last post in this thread because I here, I come off to others as sexist and insensitive. If anybody was offended, then I apologize for that. I got the idea for this because I've seen people do this on forums/message boards/threads before for fun without any trouble. They weren't labeled as "users of stereotypes" or anything, they weren't scathed, so I didn't figure that this thread would start any fires, so I am sorry about this. I guess I'll just ask here for a mod to come and lock/remove this thread and put all of this under the bridge behind me.

genders are a touchy topic here because half the userbase is trans

this topic seems fine to me, tbh, but it's a bit similar to the dreaded birdo/vivian discussions and whatnot that everyone hates

Javelin said:
genders are a touchy topic here because half the userbase is trans

this topic seems fine to me, tbh, but it's a bit similar to the dreaded birdo/vivian discussions and whatnot that everyone hates
Oh, I did not know that. Tbh, I don't know trans people too much. I had a class with one trans person. Seemed cool, didn't know that well. Well, looks like I just learned from an unintentional mistake.

tbh i don't see why a pokemon can can control time and space would care about gender

that's professor oak's job

Kanan Matsuura said:
tbh i don't see why a pokemon can can control time and space would care about gender

that's professor oak's job
*Arceus Voice* Who needs a gender when you are a god?

people use transgender character debates as an excuse to attack all transgender people and hide behind the debate to do so

D.Va said:
Baby Luigi said:

Humans are an animal

in this context I was describing nonhuman animals.

btw Johnny Boy yes I do know that but many animals also look identical to each other. They also don't exhibit human qualities that make us lean towards a certain gender either. Things like sharks can be female. Things like cats or whatever can be male.

^Particularly, the sex ratios for the starters.

I never understood why it favors male starters.

Striker Mario said:
^Particularly, the sex ratios for the starters.

I never understood why it favors male starters.
So they're harder to breed to get more of.

But Ditto makes that null and void.

Back