Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
So...this show isn't really all that popular, basically being like slightly more toned down Teen Titans Go! but with Powerpuff Girls instead.

I don't know if I consider myself a fan of the Powerpuff Girls, but I did grow up with them, remember most Season 1-4 episodes of the original series, and enjoyed them, even today still. My favorite of the trio is Buttercup, I just really like her personality, bash first and ask questions later.

I've watched only the first episode of this show and I think it's fairly decent. However, I've only heard rumors of the other episodes and they sound pretty damn bad. Bubbles saying "Yasss" and "Me no Gusta"??? Twerking!??!? The girls also seem to be flanderized, so only one personality trait remains. Blossom became OCD-like, Bubbles became a young tween with memes, and Buttercup is always angry and a bully. The new voice actors do their job, but I do prefer the older ones, and the older ones were even sad that they don't get to reprise their roles. Some characters are outright missing such as Ms Bellum, and many of the older villains just seem to be...there.

I think the biggest problem with the show is that it doesn't know what it wants itself to be. It embraces too much of the old elements while having too much new elements as well. It tries to satisfy newcomers and veterans at the same time and pleases neither. It feels too much like a corporate product rather than an artistic, story-driven show. The Powerpuff Girls didn't even need a reboot but duh it sells merchandise due to its popularity so of course it got rebooted because give me money.

I don't think it's the worst show ever, but it's probably one of the most letdowns the Powerpuff Girls can receive, and it doesn't do their series any justice.

Like TTG, they have been victimized by the need to reach the kids/teens that are on sits like reddit and tumblr by using dank memes and obscure references. The thing is that they are going for quantity rather than quality (two months and already have 18 episodes; other shows that I won't name had hiatus for 4 months), just pumping out as many episodes as they can rather than focusing on how the content is going. And while I agree that it's not as bad as TTG, this show is not getting a lot of good feedback from fans.

Plus, there have been some controversy over some of the episodes. I know that "Horn Sweet Horn" got a lot of fire for the way they approached talking about trans.

Maybe they're pumping these episodes because of how quickly these internet culture silliness jokes fall out of favor?

South Park is the only cartoon that can afford to pump out episodes in a quick rate like this, not this one.

Back