Author Topic: Packy and Dippy's Pokémon Tournament 2016 (Generation VI)  (Read 20546 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Re: Packy and Dippy's Pokémon Tournament 2016 (Generation VI)
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »
If you "don't feel like" working on a team then tbh don't *bleep*ing sign up and just go mess with one of those online battle simulators.  That's where I personally draw the line with that; Timmy's thing is one pokemon for a personal reason, Glitchy's is just pure laziness.

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 11:03:10 PM »
I honestly don't even have time to train a team, but I still want to be in the tournament. In my Blue Nuzlocke my Blastoise died so I had to spend like three hours training up a random Lv. 15 Lapras from my reserves so I have ice moves to kill Lance's Dragonites and it was honestly painful. I don't feel like spending like a whole day just mindlessly grinding and why would I if I can just pick my 6 favourite Pokemon press a few buttons and boom I have a team? I don't think not wanting to spend my whole weekend killing Pidgeys is laziness, it's because I'm busy and have *bleep* to do.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 11:06:38 PM »
Not anyone else's fault that you deleted one of your pokemon for an arbitrary reason, and you're not the only one who's busy.  The newer games (the ones that this tournament is for) makes EV/IV training remarkably faster, as well.

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
Honestly I don't even give a *bleep* about EVs and IVs, I just want to take part in the tournament. Also the part about my Nuzlocke was there as example of why I hate grinding.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:13:34 PM by Sonja »

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 11:16:31 PM »
honestly i really hope packy and dippy don't care for your attitude glitchy, because i certainly don't. like anton has said, a lot of people are likely just as busy as you.

above all else, your own enjoyment is the highest priority, so if you know you're not going to have fun participating in this tournament (including training) with the restrictions given, then i guess don't sign up??

edit:
Honestly I don't even give a *bleep* about EVs and IVs, I just want to take part in the tournament.
but then why bother hacking in your pokemon in the first place? if you just want to use favourites then did you not catch anything you like in X/Y or ORAS???? even if you didn't, the gts exists and breeding/leveling up/move-tutoring takes hardly any time at all compared to *bleep*ting out eggs for days on end

like i could kind of understand the IV/EV thing but i don't see this as being excusable at all tbh

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 11:22:28 PM »
I'm not trying to have an attitude at all. I reread my post and I can definitely see how it could be interpreted that way and I apologise.

I'd rather just hack them because the end result is the same, and it takes a lot less button mashing, but that's just my opinion.

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:09 PM »
i'm actually going to try to build a team this year!!!

fc is 4012-6602-2024
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:45:01 PM by Mari Ohara »

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »
Ok, actually I have some legit Pokemon in my Alpha Sapphire I can totally use, although I am missing a few of my favourites.

Timmy

• King Bowser
  • yoshi123
  • ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:39 PM »
I will say that most of my Pokemon HAVE actually been hatched legit (and yes I spend the time breeding for the ones I want and I go out walking regularly to boost my pedometer so my O-Powers regenerate quicker). If the Pokemon I have is Shiny, chances are it was actually genned (i.e. my Venusaur and Umbreon) :P
^Also having a friend give you a 6 IV Ditto for breeding purposes really freaking helps lol

I DO understand that breeding is indeed a tedious process, however, I am willing to help you get started in the right direction for the proper IVs/Nature/Egg Moves (to an extent). I really don't mind breeding Pokemon, honestly.
...That being said it does come at cost of ruining some surprise factor and I wouldn't be surprised if the hosts WERE against this decision since it does somewhat defeat the purpose of teambuilding if others are assembling Pokemon for you. I would however, keep ALL sets and Pokemon confidential; no other user will know what Pokemon you were to give me or what moves you're running. You would HOWEVER, have to give me something to get started regarding a Pokemon you wish (i.e. if you want a proper Samurott please give me something of its evolution line to work with. If you want a proper Pokemon with its Hidden Ability, please give me a Pokemon of that line with it's hidden ability).

I can breed some fairly easy to get Egg moves (i.e. Brave Bird on Skarmory? No problem. Getting a proper Roserade with Extrasensory? That's gonna make me tear out my hair cause only Budew learns it and I need the parents to hold something that isn't Destiny Knot + Everstone lol). But Hidden Powers are sadly out of my control. I could also get some Move-Tutor only moves (the ones you find in ORAS or Black 2/White 2 and you're stuck in X/Y and can't get them). Don't ask me to make it a shiny either (quite frankly I usually prefer Pokemon in their regular colors anyway).

I will not however, level up your Pokemon and do EVs cause I shouldn't know your full spread or moveset. And I think that asking for 1, maybe 2 Pokemon for perfection per user is reasonable, anything more does defeat the purpose of teambuilding.

I don't intend to cheat or anything like that; I simply have good intentions and will gladly lift people of this burden, but again, it comes at the cost of somewhat ruining your surprise factor vs me and do feel free to voice your opinion on this "service" I'm offering (I'm not really asking for anything in return lol). Whether or not you guys approve of this, I will respect that decision. :)

Just an example of my Roserade here
And so you know it's legit lol
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:44:17 PM by Timmy »

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:18 PM »
I am going to lob my own personal opinion into this matter and say that I absolutely abhor the use of hacked/generated Pokemon in the competitive world, particularly in a for-fun event such as this tourney.

Personally, I think hacked/generated Pokemon are an awful, lazy excuse and are outright unfair and kind of a big middle finger to those who actually take the time and train their own Pokemon. I understand the amount of time that it takes to train a Pokemon regularly - it has taken me days to complete teams, such as for last year's tournament - and I don't even pay attention to abilities and natures and whatnot like others do (although I did pay attention to EVs and IVs and they are both MUCH easier to work with and actually understand in these games). But even then, this tournament is meant to be enjoyable and fun, and especially with the use of a Swiss system this year, not having the ULTIMATE LEVEL 100 EV/IV MAXED TRUE NATURE WATER RINGALINGAMINGASING ABILITY WITH MAXED SPECIAL ATTACK PSYCHIC/WATER DUAL TYPE POKEMON literally will not be the end of the world. You can have a fantastic team, great team, good team, decent team, it honestly does not matter to me so long as fun is being had and EVERYONE is enjoying themselves and being good sports to each other.

My goal for this year's tournament was to whole-heartedly make it 100 times better and funner for all participants compared to the last two I had done, and I am definitely still pressing on to that goal. To that end, I very politely ask all participants and those who are considering signing-up or may sign-up in the future, please remember that this tournament is meant to be good, old-fashioned competitive fun. It's not meant to be the Pokemon World Tournament 2016 or whatever - it's Packy and Dippy's Pokemon Tournament 2016 on the Mario Boards. We are all here to have fun, to have a good time, and to enjoy another great summer of awards and tournaments.

I hope that made sense. Thank you! :)

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »
Yeah I don't want a super IV bred EV train team, I just want my favourite Pokemon. I could even randomise the IVs and EVs, and it would also make things interesting (maybe a slow Pokemon gets stats that make it faster). If it really is such a bother I can pull things from my PC and put together a team. I don't want to cause any problems.

Stargazing

• Astronomer, Astrologer
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
i want to join but how long will the tournament last?? i'm gonna be gone for a bit

Crocodile Dippy

• Toxic Shock Syndrome
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Pokemon DP
  • God I'm good at being an owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »
We hope to have it span the entire month of July.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Crocodile Dippy

• Toxic Shock Syndrome
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Pokemon DP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 03:01:40 AM »
for the people who haven't posted or sent us their friend codes yet, pls do that. It helps to have them prepared ahead of time.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 10:28:18 AM »
my fc is 4012-6602-2024

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »
Signing up.

Packy, I think you have my friend code.

Crocodile Dippy

• Toxic Shock Syndrome
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Pokemon DP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2016, 12:20:04 AM »
sign-ups are still open, if anyone else is interested

Gamefreak75, I'm looking at you
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Ralsei

• Wizard and prince(ss?)
  • Dry Bowser
  • JohnRoberts
  • Fluffy boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 12:47:17 AM »
I wanna sign up, but I have a little breeding to do first.

Hooded Pitohui

• The Bird with Batrachotoxin
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Whomp
  • With Awards, prepare to present, play, and party.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, but how should we go about registering our teams? Do we send a private message to Dippy or Packy, post them here, or is there some other prescribed manner for this?

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 12:38:50 AM »
i'm just going to say that this tournament is the one i'm most excited for. looking forward to trashing you all  :luigi: