what are your top ten favorite video games?

Belle

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
He/him
mine are

1. Fire Emblem Fates (as a whole, each version individually is not as good as Awakening imo)
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Skyrim
4. Okami
5. Ace Attorney Trilogy (which I haven't completely finished yet but i'm ranking it anyway)
6. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
7. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
8. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
10. Civilization V

I couldn't do them in order, but they are

1. Mario Kart DS
2. Mario Party DS
3. Wii Sports: Resort
4. Yoshi's Woolly World
5. Wipeout: The Game
6. Smash Hit
7. Geometry Dash
8. Tomodachi Life
9. Mario Party 3
10. Wii Play

I don't remember a lot of games that I played >_>

1. Garry's Mod
2. Left 4 Dead 2 (it's built for modding so I have to take mods into account)
3. Project M (mod of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, otherwise, vanilla Brawl sucks pretty hard)
4. Mario Kart Wii with mods (Mario Kart Wii w/o mods is probably not on this list)
5. Mario Kart 8
6. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
7. Spore: Galactic Adventures (it's good even without mods, but mods make it so much better)
8. Rayman Legends
9. Super Smash Bros. Melee
10. Kirby Air Ride

Honorable mentions: Mario Party series, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Baseball series, New Super Mario Bros. Wii (has to be with mods), Rayman Origins, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart 7

Keep in mind that this list is incredibly difficult to compile, just because some entries are omitted on this list doesn't mean that I don't absolutely adore playing them, and my listings will probably change the next day; compiling this list also compares apples to oranges, and I play them depending on my mood. These are games that simply make me smile and laugh the most, or just overall left an impact on me.

1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario Sunshine
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Paper Mario
5. Splatoon
6. Animal Crossing
7. Minecraft
8. Cube 2
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Kororinpa

Honorable mention: Unreal Tournament, Populous 3, Portal, Super Mario Bros. 2, Junkbot, 100% Orange Juice, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Super Smash Bros. Brawl*
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3. Splatoon
4. 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
5. Ace Attorney Trilogy
6. Rhythm Heaven DS
7. Pokemon series*
8. SMW: SMA2
9. WarioWare: Touched!
10. Luigi's Mansion 2

*Honestly just going to lump these together because Brawl was my favourite game, but Wii U filled that niche equally once it came out so I consider the two of them together to be my favourite I guess
*Same with Pokemon, I can't pick a favourite but I'll just list the ones that I like because I pretty much like them all the same: Yellow, Emerald, Platinum, HG&SS, B&W, Alpha Sapphire

I used to have a list that I would modify as I got new games, so I could sort them fairly accurately.

Then I nuked that list along with my hard drive. Mistakes were made.

Guess I'll have to make one off the top of my head. How horrifying!

1. Dota 2
2. Fallout 4
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Allegiance
5. Minecraft
6. Team Fortress 2
7. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
8. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This list is probably wrong, and there's games I forgot about but are really good that aren't on here. Oh well.

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
2. Super Mario Sunshine
3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
4. Cave Story
5. Portal
6. The Walking Dead: Season One
7. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
8. Pokemon Gold/Silver
9. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
10. Okami

Honorable mentions (in no order): DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, VVVVVV, Braid, F-Zero GX, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Wario Land 4, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Smash Bros./Melee/Brawl/3DS/Wii U, Spyro the Dragon trilogy (Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon), Geometry Dash, Team Fortress 2, Banjo-Kazooie

There's probably a boatload of games I'm forgetting but those are my favorites right off the top of my head.

• paper mario
  • the legend of zelda: majora's mask
  • paper mario: the thousand-year door
  • bioshock
  • metroid prime
  • super mario 64
  • super mario sunshine
  • fallout: new vegas
  • banjo-tooie
  • banjo-kazooie

honorable mentions that i remember, without any specific order aside from idling in dota being on top: the main menu of dota 2, super mario world 2: yoshi's island, chrono trigger, portal, kirby 64: the crystal shards, kirby and the amazing mirror, drill dozer, wario land 4, live a live, pokemon gold/silver, the legend of zelda: the wind waker, okami, luigi's mansion, rayman 2: the great escape, fire emblem: path of radiance, portal 2, shantae, shantae and the pirate's curse, splatoon, undertale, rhythm heaven ds, rhythm heaven fever, bravely second, and the first half of bravely default

edit: i managed to forget the banjo games wtf

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Star Fox 64
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Paper Mario
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Rayman Origins
  • Link's Awakening
Honorable mentions: Diddy Kong Racing, Shovel Knight, Mario Party 2, Mario Party DS, Rayman Legends, Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Kirby 64, Terraria, Super Mario Sunshine, Undertale, LittleBigPlanet series, Plants vs. Zombies series, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Metroid Prime, Ace Attorney series, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Mega Man series, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi series, Gauntlet Legends, Banjo-Tooie, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Shadow of the Colossus, Metroid Fusion, Portal 2, Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Dishonorable mention: Dota 2

i hope i didn't forget anything

oh fuck here we go

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
7. Secret of Mana
8. Portal (yeah the first one)
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
10. Undertale

Honorable Mentions: To the Moon, Super Mario Galaxy, Yoshi's Island, TTYD, Mario Kart 8, Mother 2, Pikmin (the first one), Final Fantasy 10, Twilight Princess, Super Metroid, Cave Story, Star Wars KOTOR, Ico, Braid, and more

No real order I guess:

-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance(Ecclesia and Aria are cool too.)
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(the entire trilogy is cool)
-Pikmin 2
-Densetsu no Stafy 3
-Final Fantasy 5 I guess(6 and 7 are fine too)
-Wario Land: Shake it!
-Super Mario Galaxy 2(I liked it personally)
-Kirby Super Star Ultra

Yeah, I know I only put 8, and I like more than those vidyas, but I have played many that I wouldn't really know if I want to put in my favorites. FF5 is an iffy mention. I don't mention Gyakuten Kenji 2 in this list because I really like its story but I am a gameplay person.

Midna said:
oh fuck here we go

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Secret of Mana
7. Portal (yeah the first one)
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
9. Undertale
10. Super Mario Galaxy

Honorable Mentions: Yoshi's Island, TTYD, Mario Kart 8, Mother 2, Pikmin (the first one), Final Fantasy 10, Twilight Princess, Super Metroid, Cave Story, Star Wars KOTOR, Ico, and and and
Games that I'm currently playing that will probably end up on this list lol: 999

something im noticing in my own list
>4 games from square-enix
>only 1 mario game
>sony game higher than any nintendo game

what am i doing on this forum lol

in no particular order

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. Super Smash Bros. 64
4. Conker's Bad Fur Day
5. Halo 2
6. Super Mario Galaxy
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. Mario Kart 8
9. Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
10. Metroid Prime Trilogy

In random order,

Fallout: New Vegas
CoD: Black Ops
Garry's Mod
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Smash Bros. 4
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Twilight Princess

They're somewhat in order

1. Fallout 3
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Paper Mario
4. TLOZ: Ocarina of Time
5. Super Mario World
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. TLOZ: Majora's Mask
8. Skyrim
9. Super Mario 64
10. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Undertale
6. Metroid Prime
7. Skyward Sword
8. Twilight Princess
9. Donkey Kong Country Returns
10. Majora's Mask

Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Paper Mario, Skate 3, Pokkén Tournament, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Mario 64, Kirby's Dream Collection, Sonic Adventure DX, Kirby Air Ride

Like hell I'm gonna put those in any specific order.

1. Metroid Prime: Trilogy
2. Pokémon
3. Mass Effect Trilogy
4. Resident Evil 5
5. Spectrobes
6. Super Mario Galaxy 2
7.Persona 3 Portable
8. Eternal sonata
9. Tales of Symphonia
10. Splatoon

Just off the top of my head...

1. Undertale (literally took a game design course instead of a creative writing course because of this game)
2. Alan Wake (really sates my brooding/angsty/dark-and-twisted needs + good writing)
3. Dead Rising (i have played way too many zombie games because of this series)
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door(probably not as good as i remember but the parts that hold up really hold up)
5. Dust: An Elysian Tale (omg this game is pretty and that's probably distracting me from its flaws but who cares it's really pretty)
6. Peace Walker (best stealth collect-a-thon and better than peace walker 2/phantom pain)
7. Resident Evil 4 (is it bad this is the only resident evil game i've played)
8. Saints Row 2 (the pc port had a horrendous framerate and i still completed it)
9. Fallout: New Vegas (it's weird how much i like this game when i modded it to the point bethesda barely had anything to do with it)
10. Wind Waker (glorious, glorious, adventure, especially with the bloom remake)
10. Thomas Was Alone (this game made me care about featureless blocks how is that possible

Honorable Mentions: Gunpoint, Limbo, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, The Walking Dead, Portal 2, Brutal Legend, The Stanley Parable, Cave Story, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak (nostalgia might be impacting my thoughts? nah)

Time Turner said:
9. Fallout: New Vegas (it's weird how much i like this game when i modded it to the point bethesda barely had anything to do with it)
bethesda barely had anything to do with it to start, lol

that game was made by obsidian

Javelin said:
Time Turner said:
bethesda barely had anything to do with it to start, lol

that game was made by obsidian
same difference

i mean i like boone but i spent way too much of my time just exploring mod-created locations

Meh, I still think the developers hold the overall basic framework of the game so in theory, they still did most of the effort, even with the custom-created maps.

1. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
2. Mother 3
3. Pikmin 2
4. EarthBound
5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
6. Pokemon diamond/platinum/pearl
7. Portal 2
8. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
9. Super Mario Galaxy
10. Sonic Adventure 2 (it's almost entirely for the multiplayer portion of the game)

Probably have too many to list as honorable mentions, but just so you know most of the other Kirby games and the two other Pikmin games and GTA:Vice City will be somewhere in there.

So many Undertales yet 0 Earthbound mentions... :(

edit: oh, freakworld mentioned it but it was mother 2 when i looked over it

Oboro said:
edit: oh, freakworld mentioned it but it was mother 2 when i looked over it

yeah i dont refer to it by earthbound lol

was a really great game. only reason its not in my top 10 basically is that its beaten by some other snes rpgs and undertale imo. Also I still haven't continued playing mother 3 rip

1. earthbound
2. mother 3 (even though I just started it lol)
3. smash 4-wii u
4. smash melee
5. smash 4-3DS
6. bowser's inside story
7. partners in time
8. luigi's mansion
9. luigi's mansion: dark moon
10. a link between worlds

honorable mentions; super mario galaxy (1 and 2), first three paper marios, super mario maker, yoshi's island, punch out wii, super mario 3D land/world, mario kart 8

Back