Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkazo

Thou liest!
Wiki Bureaucrat
This is former community member Pantaro, brother of Walkazo. I have some harrowing news, which I am spreading to everywhere relevant.

At 4 PM EDT, Walkazo was in a horriffic traffic accident and didn't make it.

Her life, while short, was accomplished. She climbed the ranks to become a Bureaucrat of the Mario Wiki, she made many fanfics including Mario adaptations of Shakespeare, and her quest in the scientific study of birds had led her to Baltimore, The U.K., and Africa. Of the two of us, she was always the smarter, stronger, more successful one, and now she's gone.

I cannot describe what I feel right now, aside from intense grief. For the rest of my days, I will do my best to honor her memory. Complete the collections she started, and list her in the credits for everything I make.

She was mean at times, but I miss her so much. If only the clock can be reversed. If only Easter Sunday was also Groundhog day. If only 1-ups where real.

She will be missed.

RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Thank you for letting us know. Our thoughts will be with you.

Yeah the news was very shocking to me. I couldn't believe it at first. I CAN'T believe it. Walkazo was too young to die. She was one of our best friends here. This doesn't need to be reality. Why? Why???

I'm blanking out my profile to mourn for her.

I....I don't even know what to say or to think. I always thought she was an amazing person and to even think that she could be truly gone.....

I will miss you so much Walkazo.

And I wish the best for you Pantaro. I hope you can stay strong.

I've never been this distraught before. Walkazo was one of my first friends when I joined so long ago and this is just so... surreal. Oh my god.

I know I just tweeted at you, Pantaro, but I love you bud. I haven't seen you in so long and I wish seeing you again could be on different terms. I'm so so sorry. God.

I miss you, Walkazo. Walky. Ahaha I used to call you Walky all the time. I can't feel anything right now.

If anyone wants, and it's okay with Pantaro, I found an article describing the crash. You can PM me if you'd like to see it, but you should know that it has a picture of the crash if you find that to be sensitive.

i'm shaking atm what the fuck

I can't get my head around the fact that someone who once inspired me so much while I was still editing the wiki, co-wrote one of the greatest community love-letters I've seen, was still posting on these very forums and doing so much more, is just suddenly...gone.

Thank you for letting us know, Pantaro. My thoughts are with you, your family, Walkazo's friends and everyone else on here. Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Walkazo, from the passing conversations we'd have across these communities, was one of the sweetest people I've ever had the opportunity to talk to. I seriously regret not getting to know her better when I had the opportunity.

I'm horribly sorry for your loss, and the loss of everyone who's had the privilege of knowing such a great person.

I really don't know what to say... Walkazo was always quite a helpful and creative user, even though I never really interacted with her on a personal level. May you rest in peace, Walkazo. And Pantario, thank you for delivering this info to us and I hope the best for you.

I've always respected her as a user and a person and... it's so hard to believe she's gone. Rest in peace, Walkazo, I will miss you and your wonderful contributions to this community so much.

I'm so sorry for you too, Pantaro, I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you.

This is definitely surreal but also overwhelming sadness. Words also cannot describe my emotional state right now. I'm so distraught.

We'll always remember you. I'll remember you particularly for extensive birding-related conversations, your silly Adventures of Little Mario stuff, your drawings, your Mariosona, our intelligent conversations related to the wiki even if we disagreed on various subjects (but that's normal and healthy to disagree although it's still difficult), your dedication to the Mario series, and your experience with the wiki.

Someday, I'll head over to the East U.S. and I'll look for common grackles. I'll feed them peanuts. Just as you have done. I've always wanted to see you in person, but I'll now... never have the chance.

Thanks for everything.

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear this. I didn't really have that much of an interactive lifestyle with Walkazo, but I'll be damned if I didn't consider her a friend. She was an absolutely amazing user, a dedicated crat, and overall an amazingly kind and generous woman.

This is such a huge loss. I'm speechless. I'm shaking. I'm near tears.

Please rest in peace Walkazo, and wherever you may be now, know that we loved you.

Your sister was a pillar of our community - a fantastic writer and artist, one of the most dedicated staff members we've ever had, a good friend and a great person in general. To say this has left a massive hole in the community would be no understatement.

My condolences, Pantaro, and RIP Walkazo.

i just cant believe it, i dont want to believe it. just a few days ago she was still active and here, talking about stuff, and now shes gone? i just dont know what to say, she did not deserve that and had a full life ahead of her.
my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family pantaro
rest in peace walkazo, you will be missed ;_;

To be honest i never expected to be informed of any members death before my own, even if i didnt exactly interact with walkazo on a daily basis, or even much at all. I often saw the raw talent and very likable personality she possessed and to hear this is just, agonizing to be honest.

This is... troubling for me since my value of life and death is very obsessive and i dont really like seeing someone pass away in any form, my prayers to out to anyone by blood or friendship that associated with her, my prayers to all of you guys and her family, and other friends i dont know of, prayers to all of them, and most of all i know that someone like walkazoo will be in a much better place then here, and i hope she looks at all of everyone that was important her and smile that not only shall we be sad that she cant see them again, but can smile that she will never be forgotten and let her name still inspire everyone who remembers her, even i who barely interacted with her, i will forever hope for the best for not only her loved ones but also her wishes.

I hope everyone will overcome this and not dwell on the negatives of the situation, but rather, run on the positives that she instilled in all of us and left behind. Rest in piece and glory Walkazo, i shall never forget her, ever, in my time of day or memory.

Thank you for letting us know, and much love and condolences to you and all those closely affected.

I never spoke much to her, but I know she had a big heart and was deeply skilled artistically, not to mention she was a hard, motivated worker. Rest in peace.

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss, Pantaro. Walkazo was a really nice lady, always helping others, and I loved looking at her bird conversations and learning many new things about them. I looked up to her.

I don't even know what to say. I'll really miss her. May she forever rest in peace, wherever she is.

...Wow. I barely knew her and I don't really have words for this, but the fact that a user here actually passed away is seriously shocking. May she rest in peace, and my condolences to her family. Her contributions to this community will be fondly remembered.

It's extremely ironic and heartbreaking that this was her second-to-last post on The Xephyr Board:

Car crashes suck - my mom's been in a couple (never her fault either). I'm glad you're okay and your car can be fixed, even if it takes a while - I'm always terrified some yahoo's gonna total my car. It's scary and frustrating how other people being shitty drivers can screw you over.

Gah...

Rest In Peace.

I was in shock when I found this out. I thought it was a joke but then I felt like screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO!. She was a good member. Her life had to come to an end. It was the first time a Mario Boards and Mario Wiki member ever passed away in real life.

Good things have to come to an end. Even JewWario's life had to come to an end along with SaikyoMog's life.

We've had so much memories with her and her messages.

I never think about the possibility of anyone here dying, just because it seems so unreal with how young we are. To think it actually happened, and to someone so dedicated to and important in the community...

Rest in peace, Walkazo. You will be missed.

Walkazo has helped me through my time on the wiki in more ways than I can count. I improved my technique, I learned the rules, I kept track of my projects, I started discussions with the community, and I'd like to think that I was genuinely improved as a person because of my interactions with Walkazo and the way she helped me throughout the wiki. She has helped me so much, and it's still taken me a while for the news to fully hit. This doesn't feel real. It's surreal to hear the news of someone's death, not even in person, and to have that affect you to such a personal degree. My sincerest condolences go out to you, Pantaro, and Walkazo's family and friends, and I hope for the best in the years to come.

Even if I didn't know her real name, even if I never saw her, even if we found each-other through a Mario fansite, I will say, with no embarasmment or hesitation that Walkazo was the best friend I ever had. We talked to each other every day. Wheter it was to humour my academic frustrations, laugh with me, or help me cope with my IRL problems, Walkazo was always there for me. And yet, on our last conversation, I left her without saying goodbye.

I will always love you, Walkazo. Wherever you are.

I don't even know what to say. I never even considered that this was a possibility. I want this to just be nightmare.

My best wishes to you and your family. I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace.

I never got to know Walkazo personally. We had several conversations though, and I always got the sense that she was a kind person, which shined threw in just how involved she was in this community. I can remember going to her for questions when my account was only a month old. That was nearly seven years ago, and she was there, contributing, long before that too. It takes a certain kind of dedication to be that influential in a community, and a certain kind of person. Hell, she was still helping me years later. She designed that excellent logo and gave writing tips for Les Wikiables (I don't know when, or if, that whole thing will be happening). I'll always be thankful for all that help she gave not just to me, but to everyone.

Pantaro, we never really spoke, but you, and your family, have my deepest condolences.

I'll remember her for a lot of things. Dragon Problem, her great artwork, her humor, her contributions to this extended community, and her kind nature.

Rest in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back