Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Walkazo  (Read 40397 times)

porplemontage

• Wiki Proprietor
  • Piranha Plant
    • View Profile
    • Porplemontage Enterprises
Re: Rest in Peace, Walkazo
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw this post. I'm still in shock.

To Pantaro, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I didn't know Walkazo personally, but I do know that she has been one of the most outstanding and essential members of the Super Mario Wiki for many years. She cared a lot about this place, and it showed. Her loss is an immense blow to this community, and her influence will always be with us.

Walkazo, we were lucky to have you. May you rest in peace.

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 02:04:20 AM »
No... I am in shock and disbelief and I want to say my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Pantaro.

I has the privilege to work with Walkazo as part of the wiki staff for some years, and while our methods were often different, I learned many things from her and she had my full respect. May she rest in peace, we will never forget her.

Kyoka Jiro

• No crime is graver than eating another man's lettuce.
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • Master Crash
  • The Dragon of the West
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 02:34:54 AM »
this is all a bit jarring, it feels like someone took a baseball bat and bashed me on the back of the head with it.

I remember talking to her a lot back on Xephyr, the old UP forums, even as far back as Mariowiki when she used to share her account with you, Pantaro.

Honestly with how inactive I can be here we'd go a couple years without chatting much, but when I was around the discussions we had were always pleasant, whether it was about jobs, siblings, etc... Think I'll regret not making more of an effort to talk to her more in these recent years.

I really appreciate you letting us know, PP. It's almost weird to think, but with how private people can be on the internet, it's possible we'd have marked her off as another inactive member had you not informed us about this.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I wish you and your family the best through this tough time.

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 02:39:17 AM »
While most of my interactions with Walkazo were within the wiki administration, I admired her dedication to not only the wiki, but her love of birds as well. I admired her patience when dealing with problems that arose within the wiki, as well.

My condolences to her friends and family. She will be missed.

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 03:02:51 AM »
On a personal level, I barely knew you, Walkazo. But I surely did know your presence around the community, especially on the Wiki.

On the Wiki, from my viewpoint, you were like a machine that could do literally anything. If someone made a proposal and they didn't quite know how to install a new feature, make something work, or something of the sort, then you were always there to try to understand how the problem ought to be solved. Although I regrettably never expressed this to you in person, I always admired this 'get stuff done' mentality you had. I will never forget you for being in that way. I will never forget your massive contributions to the community.

Walkazo, I barely knew you. But even then, you left quite the remarkable dent on me.

I had the privilege to work with you for a short period of time. You understood the importance of letting a person mess up a little when they were new at a job. Walkazo, I am so glad that you understood this in ways that I probably never will, but in your memory I must try. I must try to be as understanding with this as you were, even if it will be tough.

Walkazo, I barely knew you. Yet, you left a mark in me.

Every single time there was an issue on the Wiki, you were incredibly patient with it. I imagine this would have translated into real life problems, too. Being able to remain patient in a world that consistently wants to move forward as quickly as possible is a remarkable feat, which I admired of you.

Walkazo, I wish I knew you.

Walkazo, I wish I got to tell you these things whilst you were still with us...

Crocodile Dippy

• Toxic Shock Syndrome
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Pokemon DP
  • God I'm good at being an owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:35 AM »
I'm sorry, forgive the very short comment, I can't muster anything more.

I love you so much, Walkazo. I wish I said so, so much more to you in our time together. Please, rest in peace with the birds you adored so much.

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 03:56:06 AM »
Most of the things I've learnt about this community are from Walkazo- drawing, editing, small things like that. But what really mattered is that she knew so much and was never afraid to share something with us or contribute to this community.

When I saw this topic, I was shocked at how someone so giving and nice could be taken away from us without warning.

My most sincere condolences to Pantaro and your family. Walkazo will be missed thoroughly by all of us. Rest in Peace, it was an honour to know you.

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
  • also I hang out here, I guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 04:07:52 AM »
I know you can't hear me, Walkazo, but you're an amazing person. I wish I told you just how much before this.

Elaborating on this, this is a message that I'm addressing directly to her.

You're welcome to read it as well, but it's long and fairly personal, so I've put it in a spoiler in case you don't want a flooded screen.

Spoiler: To Walkazo (click to show/hide)

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 04:22:17 AM »
That's terrible. I didn't know Walkazo personally, but it hurts so much to hear someone from this community passed away. Car accidents are scary seeing how bad it can turn, she didn't deserve this. I will remember her for her great and unique art.
May you rest in peace.

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 04:32:32 AM »
I'm shaking. I can't believe she was here posting just yesterday like nothing was different. You're always told that today could be your last day but there's no way you can prepare for it happening to someone you know.

She was taken so suddenly. She was so young, so bright. I can't remember if we ever had a private discussion but her intelligence always shone through her posts and I had so much respect for her abilities. I enjoyed reading about her love of linguistics and I always wanted to chat to her more about it but the time never seemed to come up. And now it's too late. :(

But even though we didn't talk much, I could see that she tried really hard everyday and was a really great role model to the members here. She was the kind of person who made you want to be a better person. Her legacy will live on.

R.I.P. Walkazo.

Chika Fujiwara

• Love Detective
  • Star Spirit
  • Icemario
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 04:34:59 AM »
I'm disappointed in myself for never really talking to you.

From every angle of this community, I could see your friendliness was constantly at the forefront, and I admired you for this.

Not only for that, but also for your amazing literary works. As someone who dreams of becoming a writer, reading them was (and still is) inspiring, and I'm so sorry I never found a chance to tell you how much I looked up to you.

Admittedly, I never considered anyone here dying, let alone so suddenly or with someone so glorious. Waking up to this was a nightmare I wish I could escape, yet I cannot fathom how those she knew in person will cope: my condolences go out to them, and I pray they persevere. Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2016, 04:58:21 AM »
This is awful news.

Whilst I rarely talked to Walkazo on a personal basis, she was always my first port of call whenever I needed help with something because of her extensive knowledge and general friendliness. I never thought I'd be this moved by the death of someone I didn't have many interactions with, but I'd be lying if I said that this hasn't saddened me, or made my lost my motivation for the rest of the day.

May you rest in peace Walkazo, in the sky with the birds we all know you cherished.

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2016, 05:04:05 AM »
I didn't really know you too well
But the times we talked were really swell
I don't understand why you had to go
But you were fantastic to know.

One day I'll be there too
Maybe then I can speak to you
May God bless you and your soul
You helped make the community feel whole.

Thank you for everything you've done
Rhyming with you was really fun
I'm sorry I didn't do more
You were always the one to soar

You will be a part of our history
and will remain in my memory
I remember reading your posts blissfully
I'm sorry about this treachery

When you posted it made people glow
Your writing skills were amazing, so pro
I'm sure in heaven you'll put on a show
Thank you for your life, the great Walkazo

Lily x

• The Fallen Angel
  • Donkey Kong
  • Goodbye
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2016, 05:16:05 AM »
I am in a state of total shock right now.
I didn't really know you Walkazo as I don't think we ever spoke on a personal level, but you were a lovely person in the community was was genuinely kinda, nice and talented.
Its shocking to think someone from the community died at such a young age. She didn't deserve to die so young, you will be missed.

KPH2293

• Wiki Administrator
  • Chain Chomp
  • 17 Banners
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2016, 05:18:21 AM »
Wow... I've never experienced anything like this in all my years here. And for it to happen to someone who had such a major impact on this community and its encyclopedia is just unfathomable.

Rest in peace, Walkazo... Your dedication to this website was inspiring.

PrinceLarryKoopa88

• Supreme Leader of the Koopa Fandom
  • Lakitu
  • Larry Koopa
    • View Profile
    • PrinceLarryKoopa88 DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2016, 05:37:10 AM »
RIP Walkazo.
I'm sorry for your loss Pantaro.
I never really got to know her, I've only been active on for the past two weeks and when I read this I could'nt believe that someone from this community passed. It's just overwhelmingly sad that she's and I wish I could have gotten more time to talk and get to know her. I do recall a short conversation between us about the Sanders/bird incident at Portland; she knew about the species of birds, so I have a guess that she was keen on birds (you did say that she pursued scientific study of said creature). Nonetheless, from that point on I felt that she had a good heart and that we could possibly have a connection. Now hearing, I'm shocked.  :'(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:43:32 AM by PrinceLarryKoopa88 »
When life gives you Lemmys, make Lemmyade -3-

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »
There was an announcement on the Wiki on my watchlist.
I did never, ever expect this to be it. It shocked the crap out of me.

My condolences go to Pantaro and all other members of Walkazo's and his family.

Walkazo, you will be missed, thanks for everything you have done.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
Death has to come no matter what age. It's natural for death to happen. We have to somehow cope with our and Pantaro's loss.

Pantaro

• I'm not ready to be an only child.
  • Goomba
  • RIP Walkazo. Bureaucrat, Artist, Sister.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
I just want to thank everyone who sends their prayers and their kind words. Even though she's my sister, I have the feeling you people knew her better than I ever could. It's going to be a bumpy ride for the Dalziel family, the MarioWiki, TheSpeedGamers community, and any and all parties effected by her loss.

If you ever need someone to talk to, well, that's why I made this forum account. I might already have one, but I'm not the PantaroParatroopa I was many years ago. I'm not even the PantaroP I was a few days ago.

And if you suspect I'm a fake, here's proof I'm legit.

Hockey Yoshi

• They liked this on Twitter so I'm using it here
  • Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (watch for Mario Sunshine!)
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
I never got to know Walkazo that well, but I'm in absolute disbelief that she's gone now. To think that one of the most dedicated, loyal members of the community has passed away is just...horrific.

My deepest condolences go out to Pantaro and the rest of your family. Rest in peace Walkazo; you will be missed.