Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Walkazo  (Read 39443 times)

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
Re: Rest in Peace, Walkazo
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »
I never think about the possibility of anyone here dying, just because it seems so unreal with how young we are. To think it actually happened, and to someone so dedicated to and important in the community...

Rest in peace, Walkazo. You will be missed.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
  • You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:26 PM »
Walkazo has helped me through my time on the wiki in more ways than I can count. I improved my technique, I learned the rules, I kept track of my projects, I started discussions with the community, and I'd like to think that I was genuinely improved as a person because of my interactions with Walkazo and the way she helped me throughout the wiki. She has helped me so much, and it's still taken me a while for the news to fully hit. This doesn't feel real. It's surreal to hear the news of someone's death, not even in person, and to have that affect you to such a personal degree. My sincerest condolences go out to you, Pantaro, and Walkazo's family and friends, and I hope for the best in the years to come.

Glowsquid

• Dans une galaxie près de chez vous!
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
    • http://darkadia.com/member/glowsquid
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:42 PM »
Even if I didn't know her real name, even if I never saw her, even if we found each-other through a Mario fansite, I will say, with no embarasmment or hesitation that Walkazo was the best friend I ever had. We talked to each other every day. Wheter it was to humour my academic frustrations, laugh with me, or help me cope with my IRL problems, Walkazo was always there for me. And yet, on our last conversation, I left her without saying goodbye.

I will always love you, Walkazo. Wherever you are.

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »
I don't even know what to say. I never even considered that this was a possibility. I want this to just be nightmare.

My best wishes to you and your family. I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »
I never got to know Walkazo personally. We had several conversations though, and I always got the sense that she was a kind person, which shined threw in just how involved she was in this community. I can remember going to her for questions when my account was only a month old. That was nearly seven years ago, and she was there, contributing, long before that too. It takes a certain kind of dedication to be that influential in a community, and a certain kind of person. Hell, she was still helping me years later. She designed that excellent logo and gave writing tips for Les Wikiables (I don't know when, or if, that whole thing will be happening).  I'll always be thankful for all that help she gave not just to me, but to everyone.

Pantaro, we never really spoke, but you, and your family, have my deepest condolences.

I'll remember her for a lot of things. Dragon Problem, her great artwork, her humor, her contributions to this extended community, and her kind nature.

Rest in Peace

Sabre

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 10:38:57 PM »
Awful news. I hope she knows how badly she will be missed by everyone here and how much we appreciated her presence.

If there's any way we can help as a community, don't hesitate to reach out.

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
  • also I hang out here, I guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
I owe Walkazo everything.

We didn't spend a lot of time together. We weren't particularly close. Our relationship was one of constant back-and-forth. I wrote things, she reviewed them. She gave me feedback for years to help me improve my skills. More than anyone else, I wanted to impress her as I got better and better at writing.

Today, I write for a living. This isn't a skill I would've gained without her help, and I would be in an unimaginably worse position without her helping me develop the skills required to get here.

This is heartbreaking. I can't imagine what some of you are going through, and to be honest I'm not really okay either. I'm so frustrated that I didn't make anything new for her before this happened. I thought she'd always be here, I thought I could take all the time I needed.

But she's gone. I don't know what to do about that. I don't know what to say. It took me a while to even post here because I don't want to risk dishonoring her memory, but I also know that she deserves to be memorialized, that I have to say SOMETHING.

Pantaro, I hope you'll be okay. You and I weren't ever on the same page, I don't think, but you're a cool guy and I can't imagine what you're going through losing someone as amazing as your sister right now.

I know you can't hear me, Walkazo, but you're an amazing person. I wish I told you just how much before this.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »
This all feels so surreal. I never thought something like this would ever happen, I guess, especially this suddenly. I feel awful about it.

My thoughts go out to you and your family, Pantaro. I can't even imagine what this must be like for you.

Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Weasel

• All that and a bag of cool beans.
  • Global Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • MST3K
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 10:46:01 PM »
I'm still trying to process all of this.  I know that no matter how much it hurts for us, It hurts for Pantaro and his family so much more.

I've been a mod around these parts for many years now.  It's been a fun little distraction from everyday life.  I've seen members come and I've seen members go.  NEVER have I thought that one would leave us like this.  Walkazo was always super cool and I really liked hanging around with her, even if it was just in a virtual space.

To Pantaro, I don't know you and you don't know me.  But I and everyone else here wish you well and for you and your family to stay strong.

To this community, I know at the end of the day I'm just some guy on the internet but I want you all to know that I care deeply for every single one of you.  I joined this community on a whim all that time ago and it was one of the best knee-jerk decisions I ever made.  You are all great people and I want you all to stay safe.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:51:28 PM by Threek »

Puddin

• Celestial Guide
  • artwork by DragonLavania
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:40 PM »
My condolences. Best wishes to your family.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »
Let's relive our memories of Walkazo with these two funeral suited songs and cry.

:'( May you be missed.

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Rest in peace, Walkazo.
Unfortunately I knew her mainly through our shared interest for the Koopalings and so I never knew her that much, but I am sure she must have been a great and interesting person, if only by looking at the dedication with which she approached the Wiki and the university studies and at her drawings - and I am sure she was much greater than what her works show to us.

Condolence to you and your family, Pantaro.

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
You and your family have my deepest condolences, Pantaro.

I still can't believe this happened. Having someone who's done so much for the community so suddenly gone like this...it just seems so unreal.

Rest in peace, Walkazo, you will be missed.

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 11:57:30 PM »
BMB wanted me to post this on his behalf:

I really wish this wasn't real and I want to believe that it's the wrong person and that she'll post the next day. Walkazo was always an amazing person and I loved talking to her on the forum because she always have helpful and encouraging advice, and loved to see the pictures she posted in the real-life images thread. I am deeply sadden by this, and I'm sorry I cannot post this myself. I hope everyone is holding strong and that her family is doing well as well. Walkazo, you will be missed.

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »
I've never been this distraught before. Walkazo was one of my first friends when I joined so long ago and this is just so... surreal. Oh my god.

I know I just tweeted at you, Pantaro, but I love you bud. I haven't seen you in so long and I wish seeing you again could be on different terms. I'm so so sorry. God.

I miss you, Walkazo. Walky. Ahaha I used to call you Walky all the time. I can't feel anything right now.

I wanted to add onto this now that my head is on my body a bit more and I can properly think... a little bit, anyways.

When I joined this community 8 years ago, Walkazo was one of the first people I met and she immediately set herself in my mind as one of the nicest and brightest people you would ever meet. I remember talking to her, and I think Stooben and Dippy a LOT on the old Userpedia forum about Guitar Hero. For some reason those posts have always stuck around in my head even though they were never significant but I always associated them with Walkazo.

A lot of my memories are so fudged up because my memory is just bad, but I got to work and grow alongside so many of the Userpedia staff, Walkazo included, during my first two years. When we tried to find the best fit for Userpedia after Scribblewiki died, Walkazo was one of the few who dedicated the entirety of her time to try and find a home for Userpedia and our community. I remember we tried Refereta and Editthis and neither of them ultimately worked.

I think I disappeared from the community for a bit and the last contact I had as a means of conversation with Walkazo through PM was back in 2010 on Xephyr. I don't remember what I told her because my sent messages didn't save, but I wish I had said more. I wish I had talked to her recently.

I always considered Walkazo a really good friend and I always looked up to her. She's been, as stated, a pillar of this community. There aren't many people who poured themselves, their time, dedication, heart, to this community to the extent that Walkazo did. I got to see it first-hand for the first few years of my wiki life, and I've gotten to see how much she's continued to pour out into this place the last few years. I also think she had a really awesome pet - a snake, I think? It used to creep me out. ^^;

This is the first I've ever... lost a friend. I didn't get to know her to the extent that some others surely did, but this is just still... unreal. I can't imagine Pantaro's pain, and the family's pain. You guys are all in my thoughts and prayers and I will be thinking of you guys forever.

I said the other day in Star's topic that you guys are my family. I love you guys. I've never been more terrified and distraught as I am tonight. I don't know what my final words were to Walkazo, and tonight just shows you never really know. If anything ever happens, I want you guys to know I love you. I love you all to the moon and back.

Rest in peace, Walky. We love you.

Contra(dictory)

• I write and play TF2
  • Dry Bowser
  • Tabuuownsall132x2
  • also I hang out here, I guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 12:01:43 AM »
That post of yours really *bleep*ed me up. I used to call her Walky, too.

It's little things like that, you know?

PowerKamek

• PowerKamek
  • King Bowser
  • Rest In Peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • PowerKamek
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »
This is sad. I have great memories with Walkazo. I don't even know what to say right now, I will miss her being on the wiki.

Rest In Peace, Walkazo  :(

batman

• signavatar lives!
  • Shine Sprite
  • Guiliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »
i never talked with walkazo too often, a few times on the forums and maybe once or twice off of here but when i did she was always incredibly nice

to me she always gave off a feeling of intelligence, not a feeling of "i'm better than you" intelligence that most people like that give off but a genuine sense of intelligence, like she knew so much and would be more than happy to share that knowledge with people without making them feel stupid for not understanding it

i asked her a couple times to translate a few japanese phrases i needed for another wiki i was editing, but she helped me with it. that was sort of the extent of my talking one on one with her. i wish i could have gotten to know her better

i don't really understand why or how something like this would happen but it's absolutely depressing especially when it was somebody who was so active in the community

i had a friend pass away recently and im sort of in awe about how something like this would happen so soon. even if i never talked to her too much she was active on this site and i love this site dearly, so it's still the same sort of hurt

rambling right now because i never think straight but it isnt really going to be the same around here without seeing her post
It isn't, I'm just saying I'm not gay (although I'd still eat Dimentio's ass)
This is an actual quote. This was an actual post. Somebody actually sat down and clacked in that combination of words onto their keyboard.

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 12:29:13 AM »
I'm kind of shaking right now and I don't know what to say.

I know we've not always seen eye to eye the past year and our relationship had become very rocky recently. But I guess... even though we both agreed not to talk to each other anymore, a part of me... secretly hoped that we'd be able to make amends some day and put everything that happened behind us? However unlikely it may have been... I don't know.

I still am really sorry for everything that went wrong during our collaboration, and the huge part I played in making you feel awful. You've been one of the first people I've talked to in this community and I've always enjoyed the long chain letters we'd write each other. It meant a lot to me when you said you consider convincing me to stay here one of your biggest MarioWiki accomplishments.

I'm sorry that everything had to happen like this. I hope that you will find peace in a better place.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Nijino Yume

• Goal: Cherish my friends with gifts before I leave them.
  • Star Spirit
  • Smg2daisy
  • Work, Save, Study, And Be Professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:32 AM »
I am in my peak of finishing college stuff and exams, but I hope I can throw them away now. I can't take this. She is one of the artists I truly admire and respect in this community, and I don't even know what will happen if I never knew the art she gave for us, especially Dragon Problem. I just...

Thank you, Walkazo, for everything you created for this community.