Author Topic: Worst Mario Game?  (Read 7574 times)

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Mario Game?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
At least the commercial was good.
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

InAnotherCastle

• Goomba
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2016, 11:40:44 PM »
Out of the one's I've played I'll say...

New Super Mario Bros 2. First of all the game is too easy due to the fact they just give coins to you. Also it is too short. The Bowser fight was incredibly lazily done. I'd rather play Super Mario 3D Land.

winstein

• Power Star
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »
I feel that Mario's Time Machine for the SNES is very unclear on its progression system, mainly because you have to fill in the blanks, and when that's done, select a time period for the item you retrieve, and when that's done, perform a surfing minigame to get to the era. Certainly an original method of time travel method, which is great. I imagine the PC version is similar to this game.

Thanks for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Luma
  • Jigglypurin
  • I regret my username.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 12:28:28 PM »
Ah, the nostalgia.
Back when Mcmadness wasn't as cringy as SammyClassicSonicFan.
Back when Baby Luigi wasn't as Russian as Soda Popinski.
Back when I thought I was the youngest forum user (at 11).

Oh, right, the topic. (I mean I made it, so...)

Welcome to Maddio Teaches-a Typing!
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »
I am not cringy. Da fuq u say?
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • Luma
  • Jigglypurin
  • I regret my username.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
language
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »
Mainline?  Mario USA.  Easily.

Overall?  Mario & Sonic Rio 2016.  Mario Party: The Top 100 is a close second, though.

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
language

I mean openly calling someone who is not cringy "cringy" without proof can easily provoke into doing things.

And I doubt anyone gets as cringy as SammyClassic.

Leo Luster

• You're gonna stop because that's what you do when you're faced with an irresistible force
  • King Bowser
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
  • And irresistible is what I am baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 12:58:05 PM »
Mainline?  Mario USA.  Easily.
This guy gets it.

My biggest gripe with the game is the physics. Mario sinks like a rock as soon as he gets to the top of his jump, and walking has two speeds: Walking and Running, meaning there's no momentum to Mario's movement when gaining speed, but for some reason he takes longer then usual to come to a halt or turn around (not ice physics bad, but still pretty bad).

Sheriff Woody

• Can't wait for the fourth movie.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • U R a toi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
The worst one I've played has to be Super Mario Run, as it had a lot of potential and wasted it. Truly disappointing.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2019, 03:02:13 PM »
Back when Mcmadness wasn't as cringy as SammyClassicSonicFan.
sorry for making him cringy as hell

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2019, 03:43:51 PM »

what is so bad about being russian
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »

what is so bad about being russian

Absolutely nothing.
Also LGM should never stop liking Mario (impossible, I know).

Anyway, as several people have mentioned, Mario USA. I don't get why people want it as a theme in Mario Maker, it just downright has some of the worst physics I've seen from a Mario game.

Twitter | Ask Thread | Luigi64DD, LeftyGreenMario, and BabyLuigiOnFire
Yeah I'll keep this sig for a while why not?

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:51 PM »
I'm not sure if the Advance version improves on things because that's the version I played.

Builder Mario

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
Sticker Star, may not be objectively the worst but unlike most other "bad"entries, it served as a new standard, lowering the bar tremendously for future Paper Mario games and even seeping itself into the M&L series briefly. Until its influence is reversed Paper Mario will never capture the magic that drew me in, so it's MY worst.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2019, 06:53:07 PM »
Also LGM should never stop liking Mario (impossible, I know).

Anyway, as several people have mentioned, Mario USA. I don't get why people want it as a theme in Mario Maker, it just downright has some of the worst physics I've seen from a Mario game.
That's probably impossible. I remember trying to hate him years ago when I was angstier and also experienced frustration fighting him in Smash, but it's all short lived. Hell, if today, Nintendo made Mario into an unlikeable douche  just as how Dorkly does with Mario or other "lol Mario is a monster *bleep*" fan rendition, I would dislike that iteration of Mario but still would like the character and would be depressed and disappointed in him.

Super Mario USA might play bad, but there's room for improvement, or you just don't like its core mechanics of picking up stuff and throwing it, which I imagine is more unwieldy than just stomping on things?

Sticker Star, may not be objectively the worst but unlike most other "bad"entries, it served as a new standard, lowering the bar tremendously for future Paper Mario games and even seeping itself into the M&L series briefly. Until its influence is reversed Paper Mario will never capture the magic that drew me in, so it's MY worst.
I think Sticker Star is more of a symptom of the inevitable. I think they were planning all along on dumbing down the series during Sticker Starts development, or even earlier. I've seen arguments floating by the usual suspects (Mcmadness cough) in the argument that Super Paper Mario may have possibly influenced development of later Paper Mario. That developers saw Super Paper Mario's story and didn't like that angle of Mario stories. I don't really buy into it, not entirely, I just sometimes think that's just a flimsy reason to pile on Super Paper Mario more when I think much more went into it. Mario & Luigi games have also influenced Paper Mario's direction too. They even said that they wanted Paper Mario to be more unconventional to have more of an identity. Kind of odd since Paper Mario came first, but perhaps Mario & Luigi is more... Popular? Even though it has less representation than Paper Mario in the Smash games or probably overall as we've seen Star Spirits and snow bunnies.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:54:58 PM by LeftyGreenMario »

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2019, 06:57:07 PM »
I feel like Paper Mario's art style in of itself is enough to be considered quite distinct from Mario & Luigi without dwelving into battle system technicalities so that reasoning to differentiate it more by introducing unfun mechanics baffles me. You're better off with a  more similarish RPG game to the other RPG sibling that plays well than a new mechanic just to separate the two series that feels dreadful.

It feels like a general Nintendo problem. Trying to innovate when the game doesn't need to.

• Luma
  • Jigglypurin
  • I regret my username.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2019, 06:58:24 PM »
(Super Mario Bros. 2) just downright has some of the worst physics I've seen from a Mario game.
Explain.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »
Physics feel fine to me if you aren't playing as Luigi.

Then it's like you are walking on ice.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »
what if you're playing as luigi on world 4