Paper Mario: Color Splash

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
NEXandGBX

Well, we got our Wii U Paper Mario.

I don't have my hopes too high given how it's pretty much Sticker Star 2, but you can't really judge a book by it's cover.

PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR 2: SUNSHINE SPLATOON HD

Like the idea or not, you can't deny that the game looks pretty damn good. Sure, it strays away from the usual PM style, but it looks more papery, and I like that.

Looks alright.

Everybody's reaction though has been hilarious.

I can't help but wonder why Nintendo decided to ditch the classic RPG formula with partners and stuff. Is it too hard to listen to their fans? All we want is a sequel to Thousand-Year Door. Not this. I'm so disappointed.

Doesn't look bad. We can't confirm nor deny the absence of original characters, but I didn't like the looks of when Mario found a house filled with toads...

Interested in the color mechanics. (Color Splash sounds too much like a spin-off though.)

the game may be visually good but im not paying $60 for anything related to fucking sticker star

that toad literally having the life drained from his body

nintendo you sick fucks

the reactions from the typical people are amusing like always

looks neat I just hope jump and hammer are regular attacks again and not ones you need the cards for.

Didn't see Luigi which kinda stinks but then again didn't see bowser either

I'm going to keep my disappointment and expectations in check. I didn't loathe Sticker Star for the most part like others, but it seems weird to going back to a similar formula when it was met with mostly negative backlash.

At least the soundtrack will likely be great though.

I just hope the battle system is not like sticker star, where you don't even have basic attacks with unlimited use.

It's definitely Sticker Star but putting paint instead peeling stickers.

and also
what's next? Paper Mario's hammer in Splatoon?

I hope it won't be another abomination like Sticker Star. I hope it will be the Mega Man X8 of the Paper Mario series that makes the series good again. If it sucks then I'll probably want to listen to Rina Aiuchi's Code Crush. Or even better, play the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasokyoku of all the 2D Mario platformers, Super Paper Mario.

"In the Paper Mario series, we always challenge ourselves to bring something fresh to the Action Adventure Genre."

EXCUSE ME BOI

The UK Direct also showed a Shy Guy drinking the colour out of a Toad.

I'm sorry wha

I saw a floating bucket character thing

Is that Kersti 2.0

Sonicyay2 said:
"In the Paper Mario series, we always challenge ourselves to bring something fresh to the Action Adventure Genre."

EXCUSE ME BOI
Guess they don't really consider it an RPG series anymore.

Which makes sense, since some of the RPG elements were absent in Sticker Star.

Probably the case with this too.

Sonicyay2 said:

EXCUSE ME BOI

Paper Mario hasn't been an RPG in a while. :waluigi:

I am quite furious about how similar this game looks. It shows how litte nintendo cares for the people who play their games these days and the feedback they get. Paper Mario Sticker Star was generally disliked for various reasons and people demanded a return back to the original formula but they went ahead and made a game so similar. People complained about the lack of story, characters, linearity and they have gone ahead and ignored them and decided to keep things that way. I am massively disappointed at this.

That being said the areas look this generic and the battle system looks it's going to be different so might not be as bad.

Back