What is your favourite Pokémon of all time?

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
So with this being the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, I thought i'd make this thread. I would've added a poll here as well, but no

For me, it's Aggron. In my first Pokemon game, Emerald, Aron was one of the first Pokemon that I found adorable, so I trained it up and once it evolved into this friggin monster thing that wrecked shit (at least in my mind), I immediately made it my favourite pokemon. Also, Steel types are the best.

So, marioboards, out of all 720+ pokemon and counting, which one is your absolute favourite of all time and why

there are no wrong answers***

It's sorta been a tie between Scizor and Sceptile for a while but Scizor sort of had the edge lately.

I think I'll go with Scizor as my favourite, my appreciation of bug-types is still fresh.

When I was a kid, I was a big fan of Ninja Turtles. It quickly grew on me and a lot of my interests are because of this. For example, turtles are green and so my favorite color is green. My favorite animal class is reptile. When I played Mario I fell in love with Yoshi the instant I saw him because when I was a kid, I thought that he was a turtle (I know now that it's a saddle on his back but whatever). So when Pokemon came around, I fell in love with the first Pokemon I saw. This means that my favorite Pokemon is.........

pokeddex11__blastoise_by_nanaga-d4j27ol.jpg

back in the day i think my favorites were like charizard and typhlosion but nowadays probably gengar or crobat

i think i'd give gengar an edge though

also electrodes pretty high up there too

Torterra.

I got into Pokemon a bit later than most people my age and I started with Platinum. Turtwig was my first Pokemon I got, my first to fully evolve, and my first to raise to level 100. He holds a lot of sentimental value to me. He's not the most viable but goddamn he's cool and he's still with me, now in Gen VI.

GalacticPetey said:
Torterra.

I got into Pokemon a bit later than most people my age and I started with Platinum. Turtwig was my first Pokemon I got, my first to fully evolve, and my first to raise to level 100. He holds a lot of sentimental value to me. He's not the most viable but goddang he's cool and he's still with me, now in Gen VI.

Yeah I started with platinum too and went with Torterra. He's pretty cool and I honestly think Platinum was a breeze thanks to him

Ah, the what is your favorite Pokemon question. A surprisingly philosophical of choosing one from hundreds of different creatures. Chosen for a variety of reasons, but usually the favorite has a deep personal feeling or attachment, sometimes delving into one's interests or personality.

My favorite Pokemon has changed quite a bit over the years with ones such as Charizard, Typhlosion, and Garchomp. However now it is of course Flygon~ :birdo:

Probably Umbreon. It has a nice design, fun to use in battle and learns a lot of cool moves. I also like glitch Pokemon like Missingno and Q a lot but I don't think they can be considered "real Pokemon".

Pikachu

...Yeah I know that's the boring choice given Pikachu is the unofficial mascot of the entire franchise. But I'm serious. I'm pretty sure I don't have as much attachment to any other Pokemon then I do for Pikachu. Part of it could be because of Smash Bros. since until Sonic came along I played as Pikachu the most. And even after I've sort of grown out of Pokemon around the time Generation 3 was going on. I still like to play as Pikachu alot (And heck in Smash 4, I'm enjoying Jigglypuff too. I didn't even play Jiggz that much in previous games). Part of it may also be the first few seasons of the Pokemon Anime where Pikachu was often a fun character to watch. And there are also the spin-off games that often have at least one Pikachu doing something cute or noteworthy like Pokemon Snap and as clunky and/or childish they were Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Channel. I even enjoyed renting the first PokePark because it was like a Pikachu platformer game.

Oh and the only main game I've ever owned was Pokemon Yellow. Ya know, the game where you're stuck with Pikachu as your starter and have it follow you around the entire game. That may mean my like for Pikachu is a little forced since I basically was spoonfed alot of stuff that promoted Pikachu to the front in the first place. I even got a Pikachu Amiibo when I got the chance to (Granted it hasn't really gotten me alot because of how limited Gamefreak has been on the use of Pokemon Amiibo. I swear Gamefreak is more strict on licensing to Nintendo then most 3rd Parties are lol)

I'll admit it's mainly because of the whole PokeMania bandwagon from the late 90s in the first place that I like Pikachu so much. But I can't help it, there's plenty of other Pokemon I at least like design wise and some attachment is there for alot of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon and even a little bit of Gen 3. But I don't think anything's going to top Pikachu for me ^^

Magnemite or Magnezone

Great steel/electric type combo, great stats, good abilities, and awesome designs (except for Magneton but I guess it's ok).

I really hate picking one of them out of all, since there's sooo much contenders (Torchic, Porygon, Salamence, etc.), but ever since I stuck with Magnemite in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I loved it even more, thanks to it using Discharge + Thunderbolt + Thunder Wave, a great PMD combo. Every time I play a game with Magnemite as an available wild Pokemon, I always go for it

I remember in my FireRed version I actually caught a shiny Magnemite. So there's also that.

Lilligant for sure. She's got a fun gimmick, passable stats for the most part, a great design that I wish more people would experiment with than myself, and a history with me dating back to who-knows-when.

Though I'm not sure of the full order of all of my favourites, they're all really good. Blaziken and I date back to when I first got Emerald, and I raised him up until the bitter end of my save data. Even since then, he's remained one of my favourites.

History also comes to mind with Jigglypuff, but this history is more Smash-related than main series Pokemon related. She was always such a fun character to use due to her floatiness and moveset. I remember having an interest in her in the main series too, but it's something I can't trace my memory back to.

Pikachu (and Raichu by extension) falls into both of those categories. He was the second Pokemon I ever raised to Level 100, the first being the previously mentioned Blaziken. As a matter of fact, I think the Raichu I evolved it into is still in My Pokemon Ranch. Smash Pikachu is really fun to play, and is one of my main choices in all four main games.

Cyndaquil, surprisingly enough.

Electrode and Crobat come a pretty close second, though.

By this point it should be all obvious to you guys I guess.

But I also like Hawlucha, Charizard, Grovyle, and others.

gardevoir without a doubt, but there are some pretty close ones such as gallade, salamence, volcorana, galvantula, and lucario.

Hmm....

In terms of in-game usage, Lucario without a doubt. In terms of general hanging-out, Umbreon, Treeko, Pidgey, Froakie, Chimchar, Snivy, and Lucario, in no particular order.

Back