Rosalina's Appreciation Topic + Info ♥

Starlight24

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
In here we can appreacite the important , strong and beautiful character named Blue P... i mean Rosalina. Yay!

For starters you can say stuff like:

♥ What you like about Rosalina
♥ What game do you think captivates Rosalina's personality the most
♥ Your favortite Rosalina voice actress
♥ Your favorite Rosalina outfit
♥ The game you enjoy playing as Rosalina the most

and many other things.

♦ Even if Rosalina's portrayal is questionable and so it's her voice nowadays , Rosalina remains as one of the most popular Mario characters because of her backstory that was waay too detailed for Miyamoto's taste and because overall the girl is cool to hang around with , or at least it appears that way.

Now , i feel like Rosalina is my 2nd favorite character even though i basically spend most of the time talking about stuff related to her when the time comes ; My favorite character of all the time has always been and will always be Princess Peach :peach:

I also have a space for Daisy every now and then , but the chick needs to calm down and stop screaming, seriously.

Now a little coverage of Who is behind Rosalina's vocals.

♥ Mercedes Rose - Flawless , the one word to describe her portrayal as Rosalina. Mercedes Rose has opened to the fans , claiming that she enjoyed voicing the character and that just like she likes her very much she also misses her.

♥ Kerri Kane - Everyone's favorite in Smash 4 , and Mercedes best replacement. Has also opened to fans about how much she misses Rosalina and that she loves the character.

♥ Laura Faye Smith - Rosalina's current voice actress and the reason why i don't do Anti gravity tricks in MK8 as Rosalina ;D Seriously though , Laura has tons of talent and she has a good range as an actress and voice actress , i just wish she was more serious and less girly when portraying Rosalina ; The worst part? Well , is that she actually can do it just listen:

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1rIL8AyMr4T.mp3

Isn't it way better? Of course it is ; But saddly Nintendo doesn't want Rosalina to be herself anymore , so that sucks for now :-\

Anyway , words of mine aside , Appreciate Rosalina .

Here's one of my many arts about Rosalina , just to show how i appreciate her:

48skNUel.jpg

Your Rosalina artwork looks well made, good job on that!

What you like about Rosalina
I like Rosalina because I dunno, the other Mario women aren't appealing to me. One of them is too girly, the other is too loud, I guess. I also happen to love space and astronomy and Rosalina said something that's accurate to it, namely her saying that all of us carry the essence of stars. She's also strong and powerful, and has a developed backstory. There's just a lot to like about that character.

What game do you think captivates Rosalina's personality the most
I think the original Super Mario Galaxy did it best.

Your favortite Rosalina voice actress
Mercedes Rose, though I can tolerate all of them.

Your favorite Rosalina outfit
The normal one.

The game you enjoy playing as Rosalina the most

Honestly, Mario Kart 7, but it's actually because there's a lack of overall characters, hence why I use her a lot. She and Toad are my Mario Kart 7 mains. I also enjoy using her in Super Smash Bros. as well.

Pretty Rosalina artwork! I wish I could draw that well, haha.

I like her mystique and the fact that she's very mild-mannered, which offers a nice stark contrast to the other characters within the cast. She's also closely tied to space and astronomy which I have a huge interest in. Pretty much, Baby Luigi already stated a lot of the reasons I'm attached to her. (Besides the girl thing. I do happen to like Daisy, and my reason for not liking Peach as much as very little to do with her femininity.)

Her debut game was the one that had the most lines spoken, so of course it captures her the most. Still, the sports games do shed light on the fact that she's the kind of princess who's able to let loose and have fun, which I appreciate. There are way too many straight-laced characters who seem to only care about that.

Your favorite Rosalina voice actress
Would I be condemned if I said I didn't really notice the difference? ;P

Her dress is absolutely stunning.

I love playing as her in Super Mario 3D World. She's so neat.

Whenever I don't play as Toadette in Mario Kart Wii, I play as Rosalina.

I also play as her baby self quite a bit in Mario Kart 8.

I also like Rosalina for being spacey

I like her for her personality. She's attractive, I guess, but it's not the main reason.

Is it just me, or did she sound depressed? Rosalina's old voice actor did not put much emotion into her voice. Recently though, she has sounded more excited at times. I don't like how she says "Oh yeah, winner" in Mario Kart 8 though because she sounds like one of those annoying, preppy antagonists you'd see in a cartoon. That voice clip just does not fit her in my opinion. But yeah, I bet Rosalina is probably the coolest female in the series. She also has this sort of beautiful elegance in her design, not to mention how she owns the skin-tight clothing look in Mario Kart and the new Olympics thingy. She's not afraid to have weight either as shown in Mario Kart. She'd probably be your ideal woman to hang around in the Mario universe because Peach is a little too much of a girly girl, Daisy is a bit too loud and tough, I don't know about Birdo, Toadette is the female version of Toad, and Wendy's obviously a b-word. Although maybe the female kongs are cool too.

Ehhh not quite.

In early games Rosalina simply sounded womanly , as she was suppoused to , not depressed at all , she is just serious just like most of her renders depict her to be.
Going from Mario Kart 8 , it's like she is a different character , though i would blame Nintendo for this one since it's clear that they want it that way , as Laura Faye Smith (Rosalina's current voice actress) delivered just fine in Super Mario 3D World.

And Rosalina is actually very light , she isn't literally ''heavy'' and only goes in that weight class since weight characters use Large karts , and Rosalina being taller than Peach and Daisy on her normal status (her height being similar to Waluigi) has to use Larger Karts , ending up in the heavy weight class , just like Waluigi does even though he is very skinny.

She's ok.

Rosalina is pretty much a nice and caring person who hardly ever gets angry. She even looks cute while wearing her signature dress.

In fact, one of my biggest habits in Mario Kart 8 was pairing Rosalina with the Biddybuggy kart body, because it just makes her feel a whole lot cuter, and I often feel that Rosalina goes well with cute-looking things.

Rosalina-Drift-DryDryDesert-MK8.jpg

MnSG said:
Rosalina is pretty much a nice and caring person who hardly ever gets angry. She even looks cute while wearing her signature dress.

In fact, one of my biggest habits in Mario Kart 8 was pairing Rosalina with the Biddybuggy kart body, because it just makes her feel a whole lot cuter, and I often feel that Rosalina goes well with cute-looking things.

Rosalina-Drift-DryDryDesert-MK8.jpg
Not gonna lie, she's cute(then again, that could be said for a bunch of things in the Mario series. It's cute as f). That signature picture with her arms spread out makes me wanna hug her.

Johnny Boy said:
Didn't stop me from whipping the heck out of her as a level 9 CPU though(even though that might not be something to brag about and maybe I still suck at Smash Bros)
It is

It is a well known fact that level 9 CPUs are impossible. ;)

I like her story seen in Super Mario Galaxy, she's one of the only Mario characters that appear so mysterious and serious.

Super Mario Galaxy

Laura Faye Smith, because even if Rosalina appear to have a serious personality, the voice that Laura give to Rosalina show that this character can still have fun.

Her regular dress and her bike outfit from Mario Kart, she's so cool with that outfit.

Super Mario 3D World, It's enjoyable to play her in this game. And I like her cat suit.

I also own her amiibo and I'm happy to have it. :)

I like her backstory (a concept that is extremely lacking for most other Mario characters)

Super Mario Galaxy, just because it shows who she is.

Mercedes Rose captures her mysteriousness perfectly, but she still can emote quite well for Mario Kart Wii.

Her regular dress. It's so simple yet opulent!

Mario Kart Wii. It's the first time she ever seemed to be truly joyful, which just warms my heart like you wouldn't believe. Seriously, just listen to her LAUGH on the character selection screen! Plus, I've missed the Luma hanging out beside her in the future Mario Kart games.

Swiftie_Luma said:
GalacticPetey said:
Smash Bros has made me hate this character.

That's kinda sad lol

:rosalina: :rosalina: :rosalina:

Rosalina is a pretty damn good character, she's S tier for a reason/

I like her, but I liked her more when she had more of a quiet and mysterious personality. She's still cool in other games though, and she is really good in Smash.

if rosalina is so "wise", why not propose to bowser.

Back