The 'Shroom:Sign Up crashing when I paste text

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Whenever I paste any text into The 'Shroom:Sign Up's edit box, the tab crashes. I'm on Chrome. No other pages do that. I just rebooted Chrome and nothing.

would try it myself but the page is protected (probably for a good reason).

There might be some error in the css, if it occurs for anyone else.

horses tbh said:
would try it myself but the page is protected (probably for a good reason).

There might be some error in the css, if it occurs for anyone else.

There is a special user privilege group called 'Shroom Writer that only users in that group can edit The 'Shroom namespace.

BTW, I did pasted text on the edit box. It seems fine. Are you sure it's only Chrome and not any other internet browser? Like did you try IE and Firefox.

Baby Luigi said:
There is a special user privilege group called 'Shroom Writer that only users in that group can edit The 'Shroom namespace.

figures.

that didnt exist back when i wrote for the shroom.

It exists now because IPs and other people who were editing Shroom pages who weren't supposed to edit Shroom pages edited Shroom pages.

Error is not replicated in other browsers. I would nonetheless like for it to be solved in Chrome. Google didn't help at all so maybe it's an isolated case.

That's happened to me every once in a while when I'm pasting a large amount of text (also Chrome). I don't know the technical reason why, but it seems at some point, the browser can't cope with the sudden paste and crashes. I just hop to Firefox whenever that happens.

It happened even with a single line, but it's not happening any more. Thanks anyway :)

I guess this can be archived.

Back