Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 9598 times)

Hockey Yoshi

• They liked this on Twitter so I'm using it here
  • Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (watch for Mario Sunshine!)
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 07:12:10 AM »
I'm suggesting a more descriptive board description that's longer than three words. I wouldn't know what to put, but I still think it should be more than three words.

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »
But why would you need that?

Hockey Yoshi

• Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »
"Enjoy the show."

That's it. It could be related to anything And like I said, three words is too short for a description.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:09 AM »
It could be related to anything
So the board being named "Mario Awards X" means anything?

Hockey Yoshi

• Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
It could be related to anything
So the board being named "Mario Awards X" means anything?

Yep, duh on my part.

Spoiler: repetitive (click to show/hide)

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • although it can do nothing but a ram attack, it makes a nuisance of itself by aimlessly wandering everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
ok, im changing it to "enjoy the show, unless you're roy koopa, in which case you can enjoy this much longer board description instead"

NEXandGBX

• Honoka’s #1 Fan
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 12:09:07 PM »
yes, scumteam co-wins will be banned this year. all scumteams have to eliminate everyone else no matter what
Even though this is the only reason I won last year THANK YOU.

Smash 64 tourney using netplay?

just giving ideas.
Groden tried this last year but it didn't attract enough attention to ever start.

Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Hockey Yoshi

• Star Spirit
  • Koopaboye
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »
ok, im changing it to "enjoy the show, unless you're roy koopa, in which case you can enjoy this much longer board description instead"

*sarcastic laugh*

It does looks weird underneath the ten word descriptions for the 'Shroom and Collab boards tho.

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »
most people don't really need the board to explain the awards to them, and if someone's new, the page on the wiki explains it best

Stargazing

• Astronomer, Astrologer
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
i like it short tbh

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »
I would prefer a much simpler Awards Mafia this year. Get rid of shops, locations and have less powers assigned to roles would be my preference. It will allow more opportunity to focus more on the scumhunting aspect of mafia rather than a case of trying to figure how to kill someone or protecting someone for as long as they can.

My second suggestion would be to boost userpeadia to 15 awards but one common complaint against that is that it would make the ceremony too long.

This is just how I feel.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »
Honestly it's mostly just the balancing that needs consideration, i doubt last year's game was designed with an undead/mafia co-win in mind, and the two teams together turned out to be unbeatable. The hosts have ruled that out as an option this year so that's already a huge improvement

The one issue i have with locations that is never really addressed is the fact that the mafia can abuse them so easily due to their numbers. I wouldn't mind their inclusion again because they're usually done well in these games but the mafia and other 3p factions would need some kind of restriction on them tbh

Items are a similar issue, but i think giving people smaller inventories (maybe restricting scum team inventories further) would be a way to counter that.

and i mean if there's any place to introduce wacky powers and gimmicks it's awards mafia. One of my favourite roles comes from awards mafia and i get the feeling that others would also be disappointed if the game was devoid of any variety.

Like i said before it's balance that makes a good mafia game, Innos should have better powers but not the ability to create a quicktopic because that undermines the whole point of the mafia, and mafia should have good powers but their advantage should mostly come from the nightkill and godfather's powers.

So long as there isn't any death miller faction, revival conversion, undetectable faction made of dead players, lantern holder, or any other bull*bleep* roles like that i'm hoping this year's mafia is the best one yet.

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 05:40:44 PM »
do we still need to have a smash 3ds tournament? almost everyone's moved on to the wii u version but I'm just curious

Not everyone has a Wii U so yeah
But not everyone has Smash Bros. for 3DS either. Maybe two smaller tournaments for each platform would work out better.

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »
If Perch is (co-)hosting the game, then we should be all fine.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 05:49:54 PM »
There's no set plan for the Awards Mafia game yet beyond the fact that I asked Stooben if he'd be willing to a couple months back and then him recently saying he's considering it but would need a co-host.  Blocky has offered, but I just simply.....haven't connected the two of them yet.  I'm sure they can figure that out, but honestly any suggestions for the mafia game are something that's completely out of my hands and is entirely up to the discretion of the mafia hosts; but with that being said it's still fine to use here to make those suggestions.

It is of my personal taste and opinion though that, as GBAToad said, if any mafia game is going to have wacky gimmicks and twists and oddball things, it's Awards Mafia.  I would greatly prefer to not have the next Awards Mafia completely dulled down because people are upset at how the scum team alliance offset the balance last year.  It's totally cool to state "hey co-wins aren't allowed" but it's a completely different thing trying to make it super boring and safe.  As I've stated in a previous post, I am open to other people hosting another small mafia game or two for the awards as well, but details really would need to be sorted out so there's not oversaturation.

do we still need to have a smash 3ds tournament? almost everyone's moved on to the wii u version but I'm just curious

Not everyone has a Wii U so yeah
But not everyone has Smash Bros. for 3DS either. Maybe two smaller tournaments for each platform would work out better.

Yeah that's what I meant, and it's also what we did last year.

most people don't really need the board to explain the awards to them, and if someone's new, the page on the wiki explains it best

good post
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:11:49 PM by Anton »

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
Personally I do not want to nerf awards mafia because to me being a crazy clustger*bleep* is part of the appeal. Woukdnt be the same if it was lowkey. However ill definitely be looking into ways to improve the innos and give tghem a better playing field

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »
While I do love cluster*bleep*s, the problem with last year's mafia was that even when we knew who the mafia were, we just couldn't lynch any of them because everyone was on the mafia's side., and so the innocents were essentially powerless. I'm fine with a cluster*bleep* if those problems are fixed, but honestly, I think a lowkey, strategy-based game isn't an inherently bad idea, either.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 06:36:28 PM »
uniju mafia

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »
We definitely need to work on the balancing more this year but I absolutely do not want to completely nerf it. My opinion is similar to some already said, one of the appeals of Awards Mafia to me is being a special cluster*bleep* of wackiness, and I'd frankly be very disappointed if we nerfed it to some generic lowkey game that can easily be held at any time.

A separate smaller game would be ok, though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:44:27 PM by Smasher »

🅱️anjo

• I'm your only friend I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend but I am...
  • Shine Sprite
  • banjonator1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »
i thought the last awards mafia was great :'(

i still want to nuke texas can that be a recurring element

and working out a way to play secret hitler would be fantastic

THESE ARE MY BABIES | be spoopy at #banjochat@darkmyst | I did a Tomodachi