Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 6883 times)

Anton

• ≈(. 。.)≈
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • Go Team Chex Mix!
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »
Here is the current list of open presentation spots:

U8. Favorite Mafia Game 2015-2016
U10. Outstanding Community Achievement Award
S9. Favorite Special Issue
M1. Best Sound Design
M4. Favorite Mario Kart Course
M10. Favorite Partner Developer
M12. Favorite Supporting Character
M8. Favorite Art Style
M7. Favorite Yoshi Game
M23. Favorite DK Character
M28. Favorite Game Setting
M19. Favorite SSB Character (maybe)

*U10 and M1 are 'reserved', meaning only someone who we can be certain will have an exemplary presentation will be allowed to do it

We do have two backup presenters who can take a bunch of these on, but I would feel much more comfortable (as would they!) if some other people could scoop them up.

We're gaining more empty slots faster than we're filling them, so we really could use some help filling these!  We especially need someone who can do U10 as that's the last Reserved award and it's a pretty important one. THANKS TABUU  If you think you can do one, please grab it up instead of taking a week to think about it because the clock is ticking !!  Keep in mind that you do receive tokens for doing presentations!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:19:36 AM by Dr. Alphys »

GalacticPetey

• Survey Corps.
  • Donkey Kong
  • On that day humanity received a grim reminder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »
dangit I just realized I'm gonna be out of town for the awards. I hate to miss them this year.

Anton

• ≈(. 。.)≈
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • Go Team Chex Mix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 01:43:32 PM »
Today is the extended deadline for presentations.  If we do not receive one from you today, you will be kicked off and replaced and we'll make a grumpy face at you.  Good luck!

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 11:25:11 AM »
Did you sign up to write a 'Shroom Awards presentation? If so, the final presentation quote should be in your inbox now! If your presentation quote is not in your inbox, yell at me and I'll fix that. Please also make sure to announce whether you'll be available to post your presentation at the allotted time ASAP. If you do not reply to your PM, it will be assumed that you are going to be present and ready to post your presentation.

Anton

• ≈(. 。.)≈
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • Go Team Chex Mix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:04 PM »
(Almost) All final presentation quotes have been sent to every presenter.  We have worked hard to make sure everything is accurate, but sometimes things slip through the cracks, or codes (such as [time]) don't want to cooperate, so I encourage everyone doing a presentation to check them over as well, and to take a look at the OP of this topic here which includes a 100% accurate super correct list of presentation times and order.

Be sure to join #mwikiawards on irc.darkmyst.org tomorrow to watch all of the awards events unfold, and hang around a whole bunch of people new and old!

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2016, 09:29:34 PM »
i'd like to thank anton, edo, 22, turb, pidgey, meta knight, and everyone else for all the hard work you all put into these awards. i know it can be hell but it was an absolute blast this year (as always!) with lots of high quality presentations from everyone. thank you :)

• #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:06 AM »

Billie Holiday

• Our love is different, dear.
  • Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Dry Bowser
  • Shokora
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2016, 07:35:44 AM »
I would like to thank the directing staff Anton, Edo and 2257 as well as the rest of the Awards Committee, for their formidable effort in organizing and running the ceremony, and working tirelessly to ensure that it was a success.

And of course thank you to all the presenters with your clever, sincere and humorous presentations! They are all fantastic and it's very clear to me how much time, love and care went into each and every one.

:mario:

Thank you, Walkazo.

Hobbes

• Poll Committee Chairman
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Tucayo
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »
Huge kudos to Anton, Edo, 22, Pi, Turb, Dippy, everyone in the AC, and everyone who presented! I haven't finished reading through every presentation but so far all presentations have been great. Looking forward to next year!

Anton

• ≈(. 。.)≈
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • Go Team Chex Mix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »
One final thing to close out the year.  I am in the process of sending in the donation in memory of Walkazo and we seem to have run into a wall; there is a spot for a message but it is only 250 characters.  We're having trouble concisely putting all that we would like to, and it's a bit difficult to summarize the thoughts and feelings of dozens of contributors.  If anyone has any suggestions we would appreciate the help!

Magikrazy

• Broom Hatter
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all of us at the Super Mario Wiki! In honor of Ms. Dalziel, a long time contributor here, we gathered this donation to send to you, in hope of your continued efforts to research our feathered friends."

You can tweak it if there are parts you don't like, but I think it accurately sums up why we're giving them the money.
you dont know how hard it was not to put in there somewhere "this donation is for the birds"
釜釜釜釜釜神りオン

Anton

• ≈(. 。.)≈
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • Go Team Chex Mix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 01:40:45 AM »
I sent the donation, here is the automated email I got back:

Dear [my name],

Thank you very much for your donation of $1,000.00 to The Living City Foundation in memory of B. "Walkazo" Dalziel.

Your gift will be directed to the Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station.

Your support is very much appreciated and will help us to fund projects of Toronto Region Conservation and beyond. Rest assured that your gift will help us to make a difference where human settlement can flourish as a part of nature's beauty and diversity.

If you have any questions, please feel to contact me at 416-667-6291 or by email at sfortnum@trca.on.ca.

Again, my thanks.

The Living City Foundation

I did receive a pdf to use for tax purposes that I can use as proof of donation.  If anyone feels that they need it, I can provide a copy, as well as screen caps of me receiving monetary donations and moving the money around (I had to put it in my bank account because they didn't accept paypal, just bank cards).

I will keep you all updated with any other message I receive.

I also felt I should share this find from the TTPBRS site:

A raptor researcher in Thailand, had heard about the tragedy we had in March concerning Bronwyn. He was moved by her story and commitment to bird research at TTPBRS.

He contacted us and asked if it would be ok to name one of his satellite transmitted birds, Bronwyn. We thought that was a perfect way to honor her.

Only 2 Japanese sparrowhawks have ever been fitted with transmitters. They move through Thailand and Malaysia and little is known on the timing and migration strategies used by these birds.

Bronwyn's movements can be seen on the map.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFlywayFoundationThailand/
http://www.theflywayfoundation.or.th/