EDIT: The list has changed
1. Gen 4
2. Gen 6
3. Gen 3
4. Gen 2
5. Gen 5
6. Gen 1

Gen 5 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 6

I haven't played all the games, but from what I have played, I'd say Gen 6 is the best.

1. IV
2. II
3. VI
4. V
5. I
6. III

2 > 5 == 1 > 6 > 3 >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>> 4

Best: Gen 5
Awesome: Gen 4
Good: Gen 2
Okay: Gen 3
Mediocre: Gen 6
Awful: Gen 1.

Gen 3>Gen 4>The rest because I didn't play them extensively

Sis, Gen 5 sucked. Gen 6 was a bit better, but meh.

I think Gen 5 is mostly hated because of some shitty new Pokemon like Garbodor, but I felt that Black 2 and White 2 had the best postgame in the entire series, aside from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think Black and White had the best plot too.

Marcia said:
I think Gen 5 is mostly hated because of some *bleep*ty new Pokemon like Garbodor, but I felt that Black 2 and White 2 had the best postgame in the entire series, aside from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think Black and White had the best plot too.

garbodor is so bad it's awesome

Marcia said:
I think Gen 5 is mostly hated because of some *bleep*ty new Pokemon like Garbodor, but I felt that Black 2 and White 2 had the best postgame in the entire series, aside from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think Black and White had the best plot too.
I remember it for being insanely easy and having shitty visuals in-battle.

Gen 6 is mind-numbingly easy too, but at least the battles are slightly more interesting to look at.

people only remember gen 4's pokemon because a good chunk of them were just evolutions/prevolutions of an existing pokemon

From best to worst:

Gen 3: The best legendaries, good villain teams and excellent music.
Gen 6: Made nice changes in balance with the Fairy type and player customization. It has nice legendaries and great region.
Gen 4: Made the physical/special move changes and has lots of legendaries.
Gen 5: Nice legendaries, but lots of Pokémon are awful. Plus the region is pretty forgettable.
Gen 1: It has some nice Pokémon, but the balance was terrible.
Gen 2: I don't like most of the Pokémon introduced.

gen 3 > gen 6

i got gen 4 a little while back, when i get to formally beating it i'll rank it too
giratina's already fucking awesome

Striker Mario said:
Marcia said:

Gen 6 is mind-numbingly easy too, but at least the battles are slightly more interesting to look at.

ill never agree to that, gen 6 was ungodly slow even compared to slower games in the franchise and there wasnt really much to look at. Sure gen 5 wasnt top tier visually in battle, but at least i didnt have to change battle animations off to keep my sanity.

The Pokémon in Gen 5 are probably the least memorable in the franchise.

well i can respect your opinion i guess, but i love so many pokemon in 5th.

Like krookodile, excadrill, galvantula, mienshao, haxorus, volcarona, and ferrothorn.

I know its just opinions, but its hard for me to imagine as gen 5 being actually bad.

Since it did bring new things to the table with improved story lines, b2w2s great post game and my favorite pokemon osts existing in the 5th gen games, its hard for me to imagine them being average or below, but thats just me.

Effie said:
ill never agree to that, gen 6 was ungodly slow even compared to slower games in the franchise and there wasnt really much to look at. Sure gen 5 wasnt top tier visually in battle, but at least i didnt have to change battle animations off to keep my sanity.

I think Gen 4 is by far the slowest, even slower than Gen 6, but I might not be recalling things correctly. I know Gen 5 went by pretty fast when your HP drains, but not Gen 4, so I remember Gen 5 being pretty surprising in that regard. But I don't remember much about either generation because both are so easy and forgettable. Aside from a few birds in Gen 5 and 6, there weren't any Pokemon I really liked aside from Chandelure and maybe some legendaries like Yvetal.

Smasher said:
1. IV
2. II
3. VI
4. V
5. I
6. III
tfw Smasher has the closest opinion to me. Except that 4th and 5th favorite is switched.

Also I'm kind of weird with Gen VI. Because it's good in some areas but bad in a lot of others, but it's better than the other three below it?

Wait I just realized I only really like two generations of Pokemon.

Effie said:

Like krookodile, excadrill, galvantula, mienshao, haxorus, volcarona, and ferrothorn.

I know its just opinions, but its hard for me to imagine as gen 5 being actually bad.

Since it did bring new things to the table with improved story lines, b2w2s great post game and my favorite pokemon osts existing in the 5th gen games, its hard for me to imagine them being average or below, but thats just me.
Finally a good opinion in this thread

Effie said:
Striker Mario said:
Marcia said:

The Pokémon in Gen 5 are probably the least memorable in the franchise.

Don't forget the soundtracks, that's something else I think Gen V did very well.

Back