Pwwnd123's Spriting Work

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
Hey guys. I thought I would like to show off some of my spriting work.

8_bit_super_mario_sunshine_styled_roll_peach_by_pwwnd123-d74l3n9.png

8_bit_sunshine_peach_ver2_by_pwwnd123-d74p4u4.png

8_bit_super_mario_sunshine_peach_final_version_by_pwwnd123-d9nlrr0.png

ashley_ash_satoko_sprite_by_pwwnd123-d9n8p94.gif

It's basically a sprite modification of Maria Renard's sprite from Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Rinne)/Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
Rob-maria-sprite.gif

8_bit_ponytail_classic_dress_peach_by_pwwnd123-d9nm33v.png

Hope you guys like what you see.

To be frank, the sprites need a lot of work on the form. The dress is disproportionately big and too... symmetrical especially at the lower waist. You need to shift the dark pink parts to the left more, make the left one show less and the one on the right show more (especially when the eyes are like this). The outline around the hair is too thick in prototype 2. That's at the top of my head, but your sprite looks pretty stuff and MS Paint-like for the time being.

Dr. Mario said:
To be frank, the sprites need a lot of work on the form. The dress is disproportionately big and too... symmetrical especially at the lower waist. You need to shift the dark pink parts to the left more, make the left one show less and the one on the right show more (especially when the eyes are like this). The outline around the hair is too thick in prototype 2. That's at the top of my head, but your sprite looks pretty stuff and MS Paint-like for the time being.

In order to make the Peach sprite, I had to use Roll's sprite from one of the classic series Mega Man games as a template.

Now how is the Ashley Ash Satoko sprite which is essentially Maria Renard's sprite recolored? It's technically a 16-bit sprite since we're dealing with the NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine which was a pseudo 16-bit console (the CPU was still 8-bit though, the GPU was the only thing that made it 16-bit).

Tbh these sprites look hideous and waaaay out of proportions.

You seriously need to work out on practicing your custom spriting more... they look like... abominations. You could start by making Peach's Dress Shorter.

About the recolor... It's the only decent thing about it and that's just it. Sorry for being harsh but it's the truth.

Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:
Dr. Mario said:

In order to make the Peach sprite, I had to use Roll's sprite from one of the classic series Mega Man games as a template.

Now how is the Ashley Ash Satoko sprite which is essentially Maria Renard's sprite recolored? It's technically a 16-bit sprite since we're dealing with the NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine which was a pseudo 16-bit console (the CPU was still 8-bit though, the GPU was the only thing that made it 16-bit).
Yes, it is very apparent that you used a Mega Man-styled sprite to make your Peach sprite, but the shapes need more form to them. Peach's dress needs to be rounder at the bottom, the dress needs to be shorter overall, and the ponytail's outline is too thick.

As for the recolor,

ashley_ash_satoko_sprite_by_pwwnd123-d9n8p94.gif
Rob-maria-sprite.gif

You need better contrast in the shading. The original sprite makes it very apparent of the light logic on her dress. which gives it a rumpled, flowing appearance. Your recolor doesn't have this darker shade. That's the most immediate problem: fix it, and I'll look at the rest of it.

Okay you know what'd actually be helpful? actually pointing out the flaws in mspaint.

Other than that...BLOF I think you should have suggested a more balanced pallet of colors and maybe actually comparing the size of the sprites. Make her the size of megaman if you know what I mean. Not only it'll look better but It'll also look somewhat proper. Sure she'll maybe look somewhat similar to roll.

all prototypes of sunshine peach look noticeable disproportionate as said earlier... not only that but you have pointed out on that last sprite. The one where peach is wearing her classic dress. You should have pointed out the stretched arm in that one. I could suply an example tomorrow to show what I mean. If I have pwwned's permission that is since a 8 bit sprite isn't really a waste of time to change.

Another recommendation is that you should look at the way the shading of sprites and it's color usage is like and be as faithful as possible to said shading or coloring if possible.

and optionally I'd like to reiterate the importance of sprites to be in png rather than gif or jpg.

Sylveon said:
ezimba16901120698501.png

Eh here is an example

The ponytail still looks small like Roll's but it has to be somewhat long like Peach's. And I like having the hair tie for the detail. It's missing the bracelet and ring.

I polished up the sprite.

8_bit_super_mario_sunshine_peach_redone_by_pwwnd123-d9nqmsn.png

Sylveon said:
Okay you know what'd actually be helpful? actually pointing out the flaws in mspaint.

Other than that...BLOF I think you should have suggested a more balanced pallet of colors and maybe actually comparing the size of the sprites. Make her the size of megaman if you know what I mean. Not only it'll look better but It'll also look somewhat proper. Sure she'll maybe look somewhat similar to roll.

all prototypes of sunshine peach look noticeable disproportionate as said earlier... not only that but you have pointed out on that last sprite. The one where peach is wearing her classic dress. You should have pointed out the stretched arm in that one. I could suply an example tomorrow to show what I mean. If I have pwwned's permission that is since a 8 bit sprite isn't really a waste of time to change.

Another recommendation is that you should look at the way the shading of sprites and it's color usage is like and be as faithful as possible to said shading or coloring if possible.

and optionally I'd like to reiterate the importance of sprites to be in png rather than gif or jpg.
:???:

I'm used to people calling me by my twin sister's first name irl, but this is new to me.

Anyway, MS Paint is a perfectly fine tool when it comes to spriting. After all, some smilies in this forum, namely, the Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Rosalina, Luma, Toadette, Diddy Kong, and Shy Guy were all made purely in MS Paint, by us. That being said, I'm not familiar with Mega Man's spriting style except it seems to be monocolor. But yeah, to be in-style, I suggest you find pink palettes in Mega Man sprites and use a color picker for the most accurate palette for Peach.

I noticed the stretched arm, too, but I'd focus on the entire sprite structure. It looks like a work in progress nevertheless.

Anyway, on that sprite, Peach still needs to be shorter, shorten her chest. Her pony tail has to be lower and tucked slightly more inside.

And here is the Fire Peach Sprite.

8_bit_fire_peach_by_pwwnd123-d9o7qnn.png

It looks alright.

The crown is too tall, take it down a pixel. If you want to recreate characters in sprite form, you have to study their proportions and eye things so that they don't look off. Look at an official sprite of Peach:

Spp_peach_sprite.PNG

See how small the crown is? You also need to make her dress longer, compromise the bust height for more dress height. Peach arms need to be longer too.

The pony tail also needs more work too, the edges are too sharp. You need to get rid of those corner pixels, they usually never look good in sprites, unless you're going for a sharply defined object.

Baby Luigi said:
The crown is too tall, take it down a pixel. If you want to recreate characters in sprite form, you have to study their proportions and eye things so that they don't look off. Look at an official sprite of Peach:

Spp_peach_sprite.PNG

See how small the crown is? You also need to make her dress longer, compromise the bust height for more dress height. Peach arms need to be longer too.

The pony tail also needs more work too, the edges are too sharp. You need to get rid of those corner pixels, they usually never look good in sprites, unless you're going for a sharply defined object.

I had to rely on Roll's sprite because it was the only template could follow to make 8-bit like sprite and I wanted it to look good.

I wanted to make Peach's ponytail longer and not have it be short like Roll's.

Even when you're trying to aim for a certain style, you still need to take account in character proportions. This is one of the reasons cartoonists spend most of their portfolio sketching a bunch of real life objects and then cartooning them.

I made a ponytail normal BIS Peach sprite using EnteiTheHedgehog's sprite template. It took me like 3 or 4 damn hours to make it.

ponytail_bis_normal_peach_by_pwwnd123-da3ax7g.png

I've made ponytail versions of EnteiTheHedgehog's BIS Style Plumber Peach and Sports outfits Peach sprites. It took me a while.

bis__peach_s_sports_outfits_with_ponytail_by_pwwnd123-da5dvw1.png
and
bis_style_ponytail_plumber_peach_by_pwwnd123-da6me65.png

How great is my sprite editing skills now?

Adrian Fahrenheit "Alucard" Tepes said:
I made a ponytail normal BIS Peach sprite using EnteiTheHedgehog's sprite template. It took me like 3 or 4 dang hours to make it.

ponytail_bis_normal_peach_by_pwwnd123-da3ax7g.png
That's pretty decent, but the ponytail is too big.

Can't comment too much because I haven't made any sprites aside from stuff in WarioWare D.I.Y. and recolouring M&L sprites.

And now behold my 8-bit style Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Power Tennis (Modern Golf/Tennis) Peach.

It was tough making it look great but it looks alright. I used Roll's sprite as a template yet again. It was kinda tough due to adding extra length for her legs and shoes.

8_bit_modern_golf_and_tennis_outfit_peach_by_pwwnd123-dab9ds0.png

Also here is an 8-bit style sprite of Peach wearing her hair in a ponytail in her normal modern dress. It is based on Roll's sprite like my other 8-bit Peach sprites. I actually made this a long while back. I just forgot to post it.

8_bit_ponytail_peach_by_pwwnd123-d9ny37j.png

It looks great to me.

I also did a little fixing up of my 8-bit Super Mario Sunshine Peach sprite. I did tweak the hair up a bit to make it look less like Roll from the classic series Mega Man games. It looks better than before.

8_bit_super_mario_sunshine_peach_redone_fixed_by_pwwnd123-daibvek.png

And now behold my 8-bit style Athletic outfit Peach as seen in most of the Mario sports games from her cameo appearance in the GameCube version of NBA Street V3 and Mario Superstar Baseball onward.

It took me like two hours to make.

8_bit_athletic_sports_outfit_peach_by_pwwnd123-daqeluk.png

Note: It was tough for me to make it look good but this is the best I could do. Sorry if it looks a little weird to some of you guys.

Back