Wiki facepalm moments and fails

Andymii

'Hoy, small fry!
What are your personal MarioWiki/Boards facepalm moments and/or fails? They can be from when you just joined or really recently, as long as you look back and have no idea what you where thinking.

For me:

• A while back, I had this brain fart when I thought Roketons where Despicable Me minions, until Paper Jorge nicely called me an idiot.
  • I made a proposal concerning separating Red and Green Koopas. Suffice to say, it did not go well. Some accused me of making a joke proposal.
  • When I first joined, I tried deleting the contents in my talk page. It didn't work.
  • I didn't join Mario Boards for a long time because I didn't feel like setting up an email (which is required).

I was an idiot in general, I was like 8 when I joined

Every time I make a typo in an edit summary or log = failure.

Plus the usual stupid comment here and there, be it from my silly n00b days, moody teen years, or "argh, should've know better than that" present reality.

Anything pre-July 2015.

Namely, an unfeature proposal on Mario Superstar Baseball.

Andymii said:
What are your personal MarioWiki/Boards facepalm moments and/or fails? They can be from when you just joined or really recently, as long as you look back and have no idea what you where thinking.

For me:

• A while back, I had this brain fart when I thought Roketons where Despicable Me minions, until Paper Jorge nicely called me an idiot.
  • I made a proposal concerning separating Red and Green Koopas. Suffice to say, it did not go well. Some accused me of making a joke proposal. I still don't quite understand.
  • When I first joined, I tried deleting the contents in my talk page. It didn't work.
  • I didn't join Mario Boards for a long time because I didn't feel like setting up an email (which is required).

You thought the Roketons were minions from Despicable Me? I get that sort of comment every couple of days on Super Mario Land videos. Seems an awful lot of people tend to confuse them...

I usually tend to make two consecutive edits because I can't catch everything in one go.

I joined when i was 12, and many of my moments were quite cringeworthy or just plain ignorant. Sometimes i look back at it and go like: "Why did i do that?".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks past self is kind of... childish.

Like my userpage was a complete mess, lol.

Dr. Mario said:

my first edits were ONLY userspace and MarioWiki: Featured Articles

._________.

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Mario said:

my first edits were ONLY userspace and MarioWiki: Featured Articles

._________.

14-year old me said:
New page: I'm a new user here and I'm inexperienced at this, so please don't laugh at me how poor this looks.
*Makes 50 more userpage edits.*

tumblr_nf9hczRgd21rrftcdo1_500.gif

Compared to you guys, I haven't actually been here for a long time. Here's all the text from my first user page edit:

[quote author=Noob Andyni in March 2014]Hello! I'm Andyni, and I'm pretty new to the Super Mario Wiki. Therefore, I might be very bad at editing at first, but please give me time! (Special thanks to Yoshi876 for improving my originally horrible-looking Cold Water page!!!)[/quote]

...Yoshi876 being this random nice guy who edited my first page becsuse it was abysmal. I learned not to indent wiki pages that day.

[quote author=me like half a year ago]Hello! I am the great and flamin' wonderful Pyro Guy! ...I have no idea why you are here. You probably saw my New 3DS proposal. But anyway, welcome.

Leafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gifLeafguy.gif[/quote]
Why did I think that was a good idea.

I started on January 1 2014....Hey yesterday was my second anniversary on the wiki. Nevertheless I wasn't even 11 years old. My userpage was a complete disaster, I was constantly screwing things up and my mind was eternally blank when it came to things. I'm doing fine now, as a matter of fact I've did more edits today then I've ever did in my wiki lifespan.

Everyone's user page started out as a complete disaster lol

including mine :\

Andymii said:
Compared to you guys, I haven't actually been here for a long time. Here's all the text from my first user page edit:

[quote author=Noob Andyni in March 2014]Hello! I'm Andyni, and I'm pretty new to the Super Mario Wiki. Therefore, I might be very bad at editing at first, but please give me time! (Special thanks to Yoshi876 for improving my originally horrible-looking Cold Water page!!!)

...Yoshi876 being this random nice guy who edited my first page becsuse it was abysmal. I learned not to indent wiki pages that day.
[/quote]
Yoshi876 is always a random nice guy.

Baby Luigi said:
Everyone's user page started out as a complete disaster lol

including mine :\

mine was like one line long

Mine was:

Greetings. The name's Walkazo, as you may have guessed from this article's title. I'm sharing this account with my little brother, but since its my name he's using, I'll be the foremost sibling when it comes to idle chit-chat (like all this fluff).</p>

Firstly, about me, the older sister Walkazo... Well, I love Mario stuff, but I hate Mario himself. I dream of the day Nintendo creates a game in which Bowser is the titular character and finally gets his long-awaited victory over that accursed plumber. I also hope that some day the people at Nintendo will make sence of all the Marioverse/timeline issues they've cooked up over the years. Unfortunatley, neither is likely to happen anytime soon, so I compensate with writing Bowser-centric fanfiction and my own personal writeup of the Mario series (an ongoing project). I also hope to someday play all the Mario games in existance, even the bad ones like Mario is Missing, and that's about it for me in relation to Mario.

Now, about my little brother who's not actually Walkazo... Uh, he likes Bowser too, and is a big fan of anything to do with NC (Neglected Characters). They'll be more stuff about him here once I get around to telling him we've got an account, but for now I'm using the computer to write a particularly long fanfiction and am not in the mood for sharing. Hee hee.

Also, sorry for the shoddy workmanship concerning this article. I'm a newbie when it comes to html writing, and our computer's an ancient Macintosh so formatting's all the more difficult to master. My brother will make it cooler when he gets on, but for now, Later!

I've since decided that hating Mario is silly, and now know that sharing an account is against the rules, and a very bad idea in general. The main shame is that making my userpage was my first edit, and then the next three as well and then I fixed a typo on an article before going back to mostly userpage editing - and then after about a week, I went away and my brother started making n00b edits like crazy, to the userpage (making it MUCH more cringe-worthy) and elsewhere, including pestering other users and making shitty proposal votes. My first legit direct interaction with other users was this, and my first vote was this, and what's funny is how they both sound like things I'd totally say now, lol. My first three user talk edits (all at the same time) are back to being horribly n00bish, tho - but to cool and/or historic figures (Xzelion, Son of Suns and Glowsquid), so go me.

Love wiki history.

when RandomYoshi was promoted, I screwed up adding his name to the mediawiki table and the monobook waas messed up for a good 5 minutes

My first edits were constant userpage edits, luckily i wasnt caught and given a warning. I was however given a reminder (formal) for removing comments two years ago with that being the closest to getting a warning or worse, etc.

I removed comments from my userpage when I first joined and didn't even receive a reminder, though my edits was reverted. I thought it was like a mail inbox, where I could manage my notifications as freely as I wished. I did get a reminder for not filling image into templates, though.

Honestly, everyone got reminders as a noob.

fortunately i haven't gotten one

i almost got one from Number 1! which i would have appealed

Back