Top 5 - 10 - 20 Mario Disappointments.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This topic is all about what you consider to be Mario disappointments.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Seriously, many people had high expectations for this game to surpass Mario Power Tennis. People had lots of hype towards this title hoping for it to be a great game. But no, instead we got this rushed pile of garbage that sucks horrendously bad. It is indeed one of the worst Mario sports games ever made.

Paper Mario Sticker Star

This game had high expectations to be a nice Paper Mario game but no, it ended up sucking so much. It's the worst Paper Mario by far.

Yoshi's New Island

This game is super atrocious. The music and just about everything this game has to offer is very atrocious.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

This game is plain, unoriginal, boring and pretty lackluster. It's essentially New Super Mario Bros. Wii downgraded back to New Super Mario Bros. DS (New Super Mario Bros. 1) and that's about it basically.

Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels

This game is nothing more than just a rehash of the original Super Mario Bros. It is a carbon copy, it has far less originality in it. It has brought some differences in Mario and Luigi. It's basically SMB1 with a harder difficulty and challenge.

1. DK

He's an ape. Why do we need an ape to be outdoing all the humans?

2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

This game is boring. 'Nuff said.

3. Champion's Road and The Perfect Run

These are in the same place because they're the same thing for the most part. They're awful because they're life grabby.

Pi said:
The Perfect Run is one my my favourite missons from SMG2, fite me.
I'd love to test the amount of explosive energy my rocket launcher has on an unsuspecting MarioWiki user.

2015 in general. I think 2015 was a pretty meh year for Mario. Mario isn't doing spectacularly recently, so I'm hoping Nintendo gives a kick in the pants to make an amazing Mario game where people don't say, "Eh, it's safe" because Mario's being too safe nowadays.

Mario Party 10 kind of sucked. Super Mario Maker is not that great either.

Super Mario Maker

Why should I drop 60 bucks for this when I can play as my favorite characters with my favorite music on with an easy-to-use level editor in New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Mary Berry said:
because iirc you guys use a mod

SMM isn't a mod

Games with mods>>>>>>games without mods

Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:

Seriously, many people had high expectations for this game to surpass Mario Power Tennis. People had lots of hype towards this title hoping for it to be a great game. But no, instead we got this rushed pile of garbage that sucks horrendously bad. It is indeed one of the worst Mario sports games ever made.

What!? This is a good game! Replace that with Hotel Mario!

"Disappointment" implies you had high expectations in the first place.

how in the hell is hotel mario considered a disappointment?

no one had any expectations for that game.

per BL

how are you supposed to be disappointed when youre expecting something bad in the first place

also:

4. Mario Tennis Open

Too lackluster. It seems like they just do the same thing on different systems when it comes to Mario Tennis

GabbyHayes said:
Ashley Ash Satoko and Maria Renard said:

What!? This is a good game! Replace that with Hotel Mario!

No, it's a piece of shit. It's not a good game.

Also per BLOF, nobody literally even had high expectations for Hotel Mario. Not even the AVGN had it.

Mary Berry said:
4. Mario Tennis Open

Too lackluster. It seems like they just do the same thing on different systems when it comes to Mario Tennis
That's generous to call it that.

Because "doing the same thing on different systems" implies that Mario Tennis Open and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash are even remotely on par with Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis 64.

Also, it's funny how you say that when Mario Tennis handhelds prior to Mario Tennis Open are notable for putting effort into being drastically different from their console iterations.

oh right those

MT64 I've never played and MPT was ok-ish

at least it had minigames

waaaah i heart mario tennis open

Mary Berry said:
oh right those

MT64 I've never played and MPT was ok-ish

at least it had minigames
Mario Power Tennis had charm to it. Trophy cutscenes, opening cutscene, credits sequence, music options, control schemes, item battles, reasonable roster (for its time). It's not too shabby for a GCN title.

I have the GameCube original Power Tennis and it plays better.

Back