NSMB2: the most tedious game I have beaten

Andymii

'Hoy, small fry!
I just beat NSMB2. Completely. You have no idea what that means.

In the words of my wiki userpage:

[quote author=Andymii]New Super Mario Bros. 2: This has got to be the most tedious game I have beaten 100%. I had to first best the main game completely, then beat all the DLC packs, meeting the coin target every time (including the Impossible Pack). And yes, I had to buy them all, which cost $25; the game itself only cost $19.99. Then I had to beat all the Streetpass challengers (then "favoriting" them all so no more other Streetpass data could come in, but mine could go out). And to top it off, I had to collect 9,999,999 coins, a feat only made possible by a coin trick on level 3-4, a level I received on Streetpass. Whew! Well, that's finally done.[/quote]

lol people actually do the million coin challenge?

Andymii said:
Well, I'm a mega-completionest. I have no choice.

this is so true

he has like 8 regulations on completing a game 100 percent

Cowboy Guy said:
I did beat the game, but I don't have the DLC. Does that count?

it really depends

Andymii said:
I just beat NSMB2. Completely. You have no idea what that means.

In the words of my wiki userpage:

Andymii]New Super Mario Bros. 2: This has got to be the most tedious game I have beaten 100%. I had to first best the main game completely said:
Well, I'm a mega-completionest. I have no choice.

I hope you don't play Animal Crossing: New Leaf because there is no way you can 100% this game.

I hope you don't play Animal Crossing: New Leaf because there is no way you can 100% this game.
I'm avoiding Pokémon at all costs. If I played it, I'd try to catch 'em all (including shinies) and level them all up to 99.

Have you tried 100% SSB4 or Hyrule Warriors? I'm trying with both of those, and sweet Christ is it a long process, especially if you include DLC.

DLC is a nightmare.

I'm trying MK8. Somehow I'll need to buy all the amiibo to unlock all the Mii racing suits.

Pride-wise, yes.

Reward-wise, no. NSMB2 has REALLY bad rewards, considering the effort it takes. (It took me 118 hours.)

Andymii said:
DLC is a nightmare.

I'm trying MK8. Somehow I'll need to buy all the amiibo to unlock all the Mii racing suits.

or someone else can help, it's not necessarily your amiibo you need to use

I've tried that, but none of my friends have amiibo.

Someone should make an amiibo rental service.

well if you're lucky, gamestop might hold used amiibo

also, mario kart 7's 20,000 coin unlock requirement for the gold body is nothing but fully concentrated torture

Baby Luigi said:
also, mario kart 7's 20,000 coin unlock requirement for the gold body is nothing but fully concentrated torture
Ha, doing that now literally as I type

Also, maintaining a Gold Steering Wheel may be extremely annoying for some. I use gyro anyway.

the lack of a single player vs mode prolongs the process heavily. unlike in mario kart 8, where i have like 30,000+ coins without breaking a sweat.

also, coins don't count in coin runners. BOOOOOOO

Baby Luigi said:
well if you're lucky, gamestop might hold used amiibo

When i found out you had to do that to 100% the game, it sounded easy for me.

7 Months later, i cringed in terrible pain and the sweet sense of relief.

Andymii, never play Bethesda games. You'll be stuck there for months trying to complete everything.

Back