The Pyr-art Guy

TPG (2)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
So I recently learnt how to use Blender, and I thought that I could show off some off the renders I made.

To start this off, I wondered what the Mario series characters would do in different situations. To start, I put Wario and Waluigi into a sinking ship. Maybe they would try and bail out the water using a sponge? Nope. They would goof around.

m6CMM80.png

The graininess can be an issue, but that comes at the benefit of a lot of good things. If I turned off the setting that produces grain, it would look awful. Any shadow or shading would be completely black.

I'm up for creating renders for anyone who asks. Of course, if it isn't something that is in a video game, I can try my best. I can also do 2D stuff if I'm up to it.

I can take requests if anyone wants. Feel free to post any questions below.

This is my thread for posting anything I've drawn or rendered, and 'Shroom stuff when needed. I don't really need another Fan Creations thread just for shilling Cooking Guide. I'll probably have other stuff here, so expect some **wacky** posts.
Things:

the pyrart guy

Last edited:
Re: Pyro Guy's Renders

how about me levitating a red shell

me = my old avatar from last month

if you don't know it I'll give it to you

E: might as well say it'll be in my sig sooo yeah

Cat Gray said:
how about me levitating a red shell

me = my old avatar from last month

if you don't know it I'll give it to you

E: might as well say it'll be in my sig sooo yeah
Uh, is it one of the miis? If so, please send a picture.

Okay, I'll work on that then.

[EDIT] It's done. Ta-da!
VMR0oNA.png

Hope you like it!

[EDITX2 COMBO] I fixed it a little- the arms were twisted all weird.
gaYK9Ln.png

This one's better.

Re: The Pyro Guy's Renders (and hero mode art) (taking requests!)

A couple things I meant to specify:

Rather than angled I think his arm should be straighter.

\
\
\
\
_____

Yes I know I'm horrible at diagrams but I think you know what I'm going for.

Next, instead of way out in the air, I was thinking the shell could be directly above his hand.

\
\
\ O
\

vs.
O
_____

Again they're not the best but oh well, like how I used a capital O because there's really no other key on my keyboard that would represent a shell.

Good job on actually doing them though. They look really nice.

i did it
i did it

5Aks3hj.png

Is this more like what you wanted?

yay new render

YnW4vKg.png

This one was a little tough, as the helmet is completely transparent and without light or shade, etc. But it's Pikmin, so I hope you like it!

yes, i like that

sorry i was kinda nitpicky

Looks cool.

Can you do Toad and Shy Guy confronting Bowser with Mario and Peach in a cage?

Quick question, what is the "hero mode art" referring to?

Hosnowka Kosaka said:
Quick question, what is the "hero mode art" referring to?
Hero mode is an art style used in a webcomic called Homestuck, in which the protagonists are depicted in blocks of colour, and normally in .gif format.

The Shy Guy-Toad X Bowser + Mario & Peach showdown render is here!

FpgbWTK.png

The cool mirror floor was actually quite fun. Enjoy!

Note: I just want to see what this looks like, not for my sig or anything

how about Luigi and E. Gadd surrounded by Boos?

It would most likely look like this;

tO1vPr2.png

I couldn't find a decent model of E. Gadd, so I went for Hero Mode E. Gadd instead. I think the combo of 2D and 3D works well, in my opinion.

imo it looks like he went through his 2D-izer that nobody knew about

Are Luigi's fingers rigged? Because they look kind of flat to me.

There's two bones for the fingers (they're a single object), and two bones for the thumb. I've noticed that the quality of MK8's riggings are not very good around the hands and feet, but I can still work with them.

Also, for anyone who saw my fit on Bayonetta, I decided to visualise my opinion.

T1ejvd2.png

Zzm7tRd.png

In case you didn't notice, I don't like Bayonetta.

The Pyro Guy said:
There's two bones for the fingers (they're a single object), and two bones for the thumb. I've noticed that the quality of MK8's riggings are not very good around the hands and feet, but I can still work with them.

Also, for anyone who saw my fit on Bayonetta, I decided to visualise my opinion.

T1ejvd2.png

Zzm7tRd.png

In case you didn't notice, I don't like Bayonetta.
I suggest you use another model for the rig then. Fingers are pretty important when it comes to posing.

Saying you don't like Bayonetta is an understatement...

Yeah, for some constructive criticism, you need to make sure your characters don't look really stiff. Try bending their spines and joints more, and never rotate a joint to an extreme position (you only do that when you're testing the rig)

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, for some constructive criticism, you need to make sure your characters don't look really stiff. Try bending their spines and joints more, and never rotate a joint to an extreme position (you only do that when you're testing the rig)
Looking at you and Dr. Mario's pictures, I can say that by far you two are better animators/ render...ers than me, but hey, I'm doing what I can with my free software. Mario Kart 8 isn't the best for riggings, but I'm slowly learning how to rig myself, so I might fix that. Again, most of my time in Blender is "ooohh, what does this button do?", so I find new things every day (yay smoke)
Dr. Mario said:
I suggest you use another model for the rig then. Fingers are pretty important when it comes to posing.

Saying you don't like Bayonetta is an understatement...

Bayonetta's like my pet hate, but I appreciate the work Nintendo've put into her at such small notice.

Well, it's mostly because we have more experience. We also use a nifty game called "Garry's Mod", which is basically a game version of a 3D modeling program, except it comes with environments you don't need to set up. It's a bit rough to get used to at first, but once you got how to use the physgun, it's a good educational tool on 3D modeling as well.

Blender is a great tool, though, and there are plenty of splendid blender renders out there, as well as animations created only with open source software.

The only problem is that I don't really use blender haha so I can't really help you with the rigging.

TPG are you still doing renders? if so do all the bowsers in my sig facing off against each other

if you need links I'll get those

I'm on holiday right now in France with really sucky Internet, so when I get my hands back on my computer back in Britain, I'll hop to it.

It would be great if you send me all the Bowsers, but I won't be able to see them until Thursday/ Friday (3DS Internet browser isn't loading images ATM).

Also a project I'm thinking of doing is making a handful of short animations visualizing the creation of the Wiki and the lives of the editors there. This includes NIWA, this forum, even my attempts at modeling OCs like Porplemontage or Walkazo. Feedback pls.

ok hold on a minute brb

Back