Problem with the Eject button on the Wii

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
Weeks ago, the Wii accidentally fell and landed on its front plate. Nothing internal was damaged, thankfully, but the buttons initially couldn't be depressed. My brother fiddled around with the front plate, pushing it a lot, and so the Power Button and reset can be pressed. Unfortunately, the eject button still seems to be jammed, and our Wii has the Brawl disc.

Any good approach to this, or is the Wii doomed to play Brawl and its unsanctioned mods?

>implying an eternity of brawl isn't a good thing

seriously, though, my suggestion offhand would be to get something super thin, like a bent paperclip, and try to wedge it around the button. fiddle a bit, see if you can make it pop out that way

I'm more worried if the Wii will damage our Brawl disc

Considering that our CD drive ---ed up our Spore GA disc because we had to leave the disc in there in order to play the game.

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/4dv16-son-wii-console-will-not-eject-disc-will-not.html#re.v/417/ most modern electronic devices have a "paperclip hole" to manually eject discs if the device is damaged.

Hey, we went around to getting the eject button to work. The biggest problem we faced was that the screw required a three-pronged screwdriver, which are very elusive and which we didn't own a small enough size for; of course, gaming consoles/controllers are notoriously hard to pull apart. Our dad fixed the button by bending a plastic in the face-plate where the eject button is, since we couldn't access the manual eject. The face-plate is still damaged, but at least it works like it should, which is a huge relief since destroying the eject button was another option, less favorable than simply getting it to work again.

Regardless, the problem has been resolved, and can a mod please move this topic to the Resolved board?

Back