Why are my posts being deleted?!?!

Viper26

King Bowser
I know that you can delete your own posts if you want, but for some odd reason, some of the posts get deleted, but I didn't do anything.

Quick question, are these posts in a specific area, or is it just everywhere in general?

do they show up after you click the post button or get sent into a "black hole"?

Hey Viper26,

There's been some miscommunication going on and unfortunately some of your posts may have become a casualty as a result. We're in the middle of sorting it out right now, so like, please hold on. I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I have a clear one.

In the meantime I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

We're on the case! After all...

d1cZGai.png

I'll fix that smile, you crocodile, I'm the crocodile dentist!

Ok, so here is what I gathered is going on:

As I said, there has been a miscommunication. On the day of your firing from the Shroom, you made some reactionary posts that were disruptive. This happened during a delicate time while the issue was being released, so you were told to stop posting as a way to minimize drama happening in the Shroom board during that time. You did not listen, and thus your posts after that were being deleted.

However, the miscommunication comes in here: Your posts were still being deleted even after that, which is not what we intended to happen. Unfortunately we lack the ability to restore already deleted posts, but I can tell you that your posts won't be deleted anymore (as long as they're not disruptive or rule-breaking or yadda-yadda-yadda, common sense stuff).

I'm sorry that this happened.

Your section got removed from The 'Shroom because you were banned for three months due to your disorderly behaviour. You're free to reapply after the ban is lifted, but until then, we won't be showcasing any of your sections.

The Imprisoned said:
Is this also why my section got removed?

No. Your section got removed because you were fired. You were fired because for some reason you thought it would be a good idea to try and force the staff to let you continue breaking the rules in the Shroom mafia game under threat of withholding your sections if they wouldn't comply.

...which yeah, is not a very good idea.

That's the part that confused me about the section. So is the ban lifted in February or March?

The ban should expire after February 22. After that you may reapply if you want, but since you were fired you will not be automatically reinstated. You'll have to apply again just like everybody else.

Note though that the composition of the core staff and the director might change during that time because of the director election, so whatever I say now might be declared null by the new people in charge. So take this with a grain of salt.

I thought it was a temporary ban (hiatus) that was set. Well I hope this doesn't discourage me from doing those Special Sections I planned for the Holiday Issue, I'll just have them added for when I can come back in March.

Back