Results Announced; Poll Committee Applications Closed

Andymii

'Hoy, small fry!
Applications are now closed. The results have been posted below. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Ever wished to be part of the Poll Committee? Now's your chance! We have three open spots, and you can be one of them!

The Poll Committee is one of most fun yet important you can have on the wiki. Besides from letting your creativity flow, you get to choose how the MarioWiki front page will look.

Sounds interesting? The application process is simple! Just Personal Message me a paragraph on why you'd be a good poll committee member, along with a sample poll you created yourself.

Before you apply, though, make sure you meet the following requirements:

*First and foremost, you must be very active.
At the pace of one poll a week, it is absolutely ''crucial'' that our members check at least once every three days. Too many times have we fired members due to inactiveness.

*You must have an account on Super Mario Boards. The Poll Committee discussions take place solely on that website, so you’ll have to make an account there if you don’t have one.

*You should have a creative mind. Polls are one of the first things visitors see upon visiting Super Mario Wiki, so we need quality ideas.

Best of luck to all applicants! Applications are due December 19, 2015. Feel free to post any questions or concerns below.

Andymii, Poll Committee Vice-Chairman

Re: Poll Committee Applications Open!

when will we see who's in?

The results will be out sometime after the holiday 'Shroom, announced in the January issue. Depending on what happens, we may contact the selected members earlier, but again we might not.

Seems kinda long between when sign ups close and when the announcement is done.

They need time to shuffle through all the applications and decide.

If we're fast enough (and we'll try our best) and no last-minute applications appear, we can maybe get the results out by next issue. But only maybe.

The Poll Committee has started to review applications. Unfortunately, we will have to make cuts, because we have many more applicants than open spots. Making cuts is just as painful for us, so please don't get mad or anything. Results will be announced on December 19th, here and on the 'Shroom.

Remember, if you have not already, you can still apply any time until then, but keep in mind that the earlier you apply, the more time we have to consider your application.

We thank everyone that has applied already. Best of luck!

Re: Poll Committee Applications Closed!

The results are out! First off, we sincerely thank to everyone who applied. The Poll Committee had a wonderful applicant turnout but just three open spots, which meant we had to unfortunately reject a majority of applications.

It is evident a lot of you many really want to be on the committee, thus, the cutting process is just as painful for us as is for you, so please understand. If you got cut, we highly encourage you to apply again whenever a spot opens. Anyhow, here's our final selections!

• Bazooka Mario (Dr. Mario)
  • RandomYoshi (Pi)
  • Stargazing (Nozomi Toujou)

Congratulations to those who was selected! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Re: Results Announced; Poll Committee Applications Closed!

when you say "wonderful turnout" how many is that?

E: also both of the twins are on the poll committee now; how interesting!

E2: and one more thing: the next poll committee will be chosen in June, correct? Or am I thinking of the vice/chairman?

Cat Gray said:
when you say "wonderful turnout" how many is that?

Personally, I was expecting just 3 applications if we got lucky, not expecting to even need to make cuts. We turned out to have 7 applicants, which was a shock.

Cat Gray said:
E: also both of the twins are on the poll committee now; how interesting!

It's pretty cool. :P

Congratulations LGM Star and Pi!

I honestly wasn't expecting this, thank you so much! And congratulations LGM and Pi!!

I'll add you guys to the Poll Committee membergroup as soon as I get time :P

Nozomi Toujou said:
I honestly wasn't expecting this, thank you so much!
This was my reaction, lol.

Anyway, congratulations LGM and Star!

As for other members that didn't make the cut, we appreciate that you showed interest into joining the Poll Committee. Don't take that as a discouragement for anything.

Cat Gray said:
E2: and one more thing: the next poll committee will be chosen in June, correct? Or am I thinking of the vice/chairman?

Just the chairman. Committee members usually stay, unless they resign/retire/are fired.

I love me some pink stars. Thanks everyone!

thank me

Back