Characters You Like But Hate the Fanbase Of

NitoriAria

Candid Friend
Which characters do you like but couldn't stand their fanbase?

Rosalina, Lucina, Shadow, Charizard, and Cirno for me.

Luigi. He doesn't necessarily have a bad fan-base but I think he's been getting a little too much praise in the past decade or so.

I guess Rosalina's fanbase is kinda bad, but I do like her character.

Xandalf said:
Luigi. He doesn't necessarily have a bad fan-base but I think he's been getting a little too much praise in the past decade or so.
Death to Luigi.

I also like him but I think his fanbase can be pretty obnoxious sometimes.

Sonic and Charizard.

Thankfully, Sonic isn't extremely popular in Japan. THAT'S WHY HE WASN'T IN PROJECT X ZONE EVERYONE. STOP COMPLAINING.

Oh, and about a third of Hatsune Miku's male fanbase.

Glitchy said:
I do like Lucina, but the part of her fanbase that legitimitely want to marry her in real life creeps me out.
Not to mention, Lucina is a great example of a positive female role model, so it's depressing that a lot of people in her fanbase are obsessively creepy with her.

-Mr. L. He was cool in SPM but he kind of needs to stay there. Like calm down guys.

-Since someone else said it, Rosalina. She's nice enough but please.

I think "hate" is kind of a strong word and you should not hate anyone for what they like but I understand that some fans go overboard with some things.

I'm not sure the question is asked the right way... because if you like a character, you are technically a "fan" of that character. So, if you hate the fans of that character...then you hate yourself. ;D

Since Rosalina is talked about....here is an example taken to the extreme. The world's famous Rosalina fan hater :

http://www.examiner.com/article/man-buys-over-100-rosalina-amiibo-figures-just-so-fans-cannot

He never really did that. He just said he would do that to scare everyone because he's a little bitch.

Dinomyte said:
I'm not sure the question is asked the right way... because if you like a character, you are technically a "fan" of that character. So, if you hate the fans of that character...then you hate yourself. ;D
I think there's a nuance between "liking" and being a fan, kind of like the difference of being pious and being a zealot.

Dr. Mario said:
Dinomyte said:
I think there's a nuance between "liking" and being a fan, kind of like the difference of being pious and being a zealot.

I see what you mean. :mario:

Dr. Mario said:
Dinomyte said:

I don't know if likening "fan" to "zealot" is that accurate either. There's reasonable fans, but not so much reasonable zealots.

With the religious context, I guess you could say liking is to being a fan what respecting a religion is to actively following it. The zealots would then be juxtaposed with the obsessed lunatics that fly into a rage whenever someone disrespects their waifu/husbando.

Dr. Alphys said:
Dr. Mario said:
Dinomyte said:

I don't know if likening "fan" to "zealot" is that accurate either. There's reasonable fans, but not so much reasonable zealots.

With the religious context, I guess you could say liking is to being a fan what respecting a religion is to actively following it. The zealots would then be juxtaposed with the obsessed lunatics that fly into a rage whenever someone disrespects their waifu/husbando.

I wasn't intending a direct analogy. I was trying to use a spectrum kind of like this:

neutral:like love:eek:bsession

Where you substitute the first two with "liking:being a fan" and the latter two between "pious:zealout" to illustrate that there is a step between liking and being a fan, just as how there is a step between being considered a a mere religious follower or a zealot. Sorry if I didn't make it clear before.

Some mega Rosalina fans of soured me on her, and then that guy that bought all the Amiibos soured me on Rosalina-haters. So basically, no one wins.

Samus

Back