Left-Handed, Right-Handed, or Ambidextrous?

Which one do you use?

• Left Hand

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Right Hand

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • I'm Ambidextrous (Both)

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Left handed. I'm also surprised it's winning the poll since left hand is much less common than right hand.

Glitchy said:
Left handed. I'm also surprised it's winning the poll since left hand is much less common than right hand.
I find that quite surprising too!, i only know 2 Left hamded people and everyone at my school is surprised that i'm ambidextrous.

We're not a representative sample of the population - left-handedness is often associated with creative/artistic/intelligent/nerdy/neurodiverse folks. And also LGBT folks, according to Wikipedia, which we also have a pretty good population of around here. Lots of overlap on all fronts.

My work's the same, actually: it's almost even split between the right-handed volunteers and the lefties and ambidextrous folks. Plus, every single licensed bird bander we've had is artistic and/or has an eye for photography, and two of us are also big into creative writing.

That being said, I'm the boring, right-handed kind of Mario/bird nerd.

I'm a lefty. Though my preferred throwing arm is my right arm.

i write and hold sticks in my left hand and do everything else with my right one. it's not ambidextri since I can't write with my right hand or use left-handed scissors.

i guess i identify as left-handed because that's what people pegged me as when I was a child.

Walkazo said:
We're not a representative sample of the population - left-handedness is often associated with creative/artistic/intelligent/nerdy/neurodiverse folks. And also LGBT folks, according to Wikipedia, which we also have a pretty good population of around here. Lots of overlap on all fronts.

My work's the same, actually: it's almost even split between the right-handed volunteers and the lefties and ambidextrous folks. Plus, every single licensed bird bander we've had is artistic and/or has an eye for photography, and two of us are also big into creative writing.

That being said, I'm the boring, right-handed kind of Mario/bird nerd.
I wonder the stats for asexuals are, I really do....

I also like creative writing and have a very soft spot for birds and birding, but I'm amateur.

Anyway, my handedness is what gave rise to my username, LeftyGreenMario.

I'm a leftie, and going by the things Walkazo said in her post: I've got creativity down (though only with writing). And I'm also bi so I fit into the LGBT grouping with other lefties.

Right-handed.

(i can use left-handed scissors, if that's relevant. in my right hand, though.)

2257 said:
Glowsquid said:
i write and hold sticks in my left hand and do everything else with my right one. it's not ambidextri since I can't write with my right hand or use left-handed scissors.

i guess i identify as left-handed because that's what people pegged me as when I was a child.

i'm the same way, but mirrored. i can only write with my right hand but can only do some other things with my left

there are a few things i do equally well with both hands
That's called cross-dominance/mixed-handedness.

Mario Party Δ said:
Walkazo said:
I wonder the stats for asexuals are, I really do....
Asexuals also tend towards left-handedness according to one study cited by Wikipedia (I was including them in my use of LGBT, since an acronym including every possible non-heterosexual/non-cisgender existence would be hella long).

I'm right handed, though I try to be cross-dominant with my left hand so that I have better skill over it, since it is important as a musician to have great control over both hands.

I can write slowly, mostly legibly with my left hand, but otherwise I'm right-handed.

If I kept using my left I'd probably be able to write with it. Just never saw the point of trying to switch.

Mainly right dominant, have some dexterity in my left from when I did music.

left handed for pencils, drawing, cutlery

right handed for mouse drawing and basically everything else

I guess I could say I can draw ambidextriously on a technicality but oregon trail is as about as good as I can do on mouse without extensive line retries

If you want a real stretch I could say I game ambidextrously, since I am able to use WASD and joysticks in my left hand and go to arrow keys in the right no problem, but mmmmmmmeh

I just go with left handed because even though it covers a rather small amount of stuff I actually do with my hands, being in the 10% feels good

A question I had earlier today: is the split between which eye you're dominant with the same as hands? Or is it just 50/50? I use my left eye and I wanna be more unique

Back