Author Topic: Copied GTR Guesses  (Read 1460 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Copied GTR Guesses
« on: August 25, 2015, 04:30:21 AM »
While counting out points for GTR I noticed that Smg2daisy has the exact same guesses for every awards as Cirdec does, barring their respective presentation spots.

Spoiler: Cirdec (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Smg2daisy (click to show/hide)

In the past this exact same scenario has been handled by disqualifying the one who did the copying and clearing their tokens.  In this instance there's no way to prove that Cirdec did anything about this himself, but we can see that Smg2daisy's post came later.

In addition to this, her participation in the rest of the anniversary proceedings has been troubling because it's either been suspected, or she's confirmed herself in the case of the Pokemon tournament, that she hasn't done any of the work on her own and instead Cirdec has done it.

The question I'm putting to a vote is what to do about this.  I'm fully ready to DQ her from GTR but not so sure about clearing all of her tokens.  A point was raised about fairness, and how her copying every answer does not affect the game as it gives her no clear advantage unless it was done so after the presentations were given, and as a result there's no punishment we can really serve.  My opinion, though, is that copying is copying and it affects the legitimacy of the game whether she does better as a result or not.

If you guys could provide your opinions on what you think one way or the other that would be gr8 as I'd like to do this quickly and before I finish up the rest of GTR.

Yayoi Takatsuki

• Star Spirit
  • Uniju
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
Re: Copied GTR Guesses
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 04:41:26 AM »
i think disqualifying her from gtr is probably the most that should be done, copying is lazy and dickish but i fail to see how it's a big deal when everyone has the same information to go on for their guesses and even post them in a public thread
idk i might have a poor perspective on this issue since ive never played gtr myself
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:47:13 AM »
Everyone's guesses being available does allow people to get a better sense of how things go, along with the historical results chart being handy.  Having a few awards with identical guesses isn't an issue, partly due to chance and probability and likely winners, and partly due to people going along with someone who's confident about their choice on an award that you might not feel as confident.  The concern, though, is when all 65 are the same.

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 02:20:40 PM »
I'll agree with kicking her out of GTR, it wouldn't make sense to be inconsistent and it IS a complete copy.

Not sure there's grounds to remove any other tokens from her, though.

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
i'm fine with whatever happens, but maybe it'd be worth asking if her and cirdec were working together? idk

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
if you think it's good to ask before we decide what to do, then I'll go do that and come back with a response

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:19:04 PM »
We discussed and decided the results together.

then it's of my opinion that they only get to play one game, which means one of them is getting DQ'd, and nothing more than that

if anyone opposes please say so

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:56:22 PM »
i don't really care which one gets DQ'd but i think that should be the only action taken against them

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »
well tbh I could just suggest to them to split the tokens of one entry so it doesn't matter I guess, but it'd likely be smg2daisy since her post is the latest