Author Topic: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS VII CEREMONY  (Read 22851 times)

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS VII CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
People are so wrong.

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
this was best character right?  :pgp:

Patchouli Knowledge

• The Girl of Knowledge and Shade
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Voile, the Magic Library
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
290 votes...

That's some strong hate there....
trash bucket (tumblr) | #isitthursdayyet | Honoka's #7 Fan

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »
Baby Rosalina should have won but

triforce

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
:babyrosalina:

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
pink gold peach is completely useless so im gald
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
 :pgp: :pgp: :pgp: :pgp: :pgp:

smh at the petey haters

John Barrowman

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »
surprised edo didn't win

well done pink gold peach for being a bad character

and nice presentation, walkazo!

Kazuma

• Pedo-NEET
  • Star Spirit
  • Icemario
  • "yes I'm kazuma"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
rip 3ds processing

but bahahaha who voted link

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »
I like how DP has offspring here and there. Neat stuff Walkazo.

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
Sidequests are usually seen as a way to take break from the main game or something to do after the main game. These quests however may as well be ignored if you’re not a completionist.

12th: Yoshi Eggs – Super Mario Advance
What it is: After beating the main game, a new mode called Yoshi Challenge will become available. This remake exclusive mode tasks players to find two Yoshi Eggs in each level. These Yoshi Eggs would always be found in subspace areas.

Why it’s considered bad: It basically forces the player to play the entire game all over again. The eggs are also lazily hidden just replacing where Super Mushrooms would usually be. The reward is nothing special with it being the player watching the Yoshi Eggs hatch.

My take: I myself have never played this game so I can’t say anything regarding this.

12th: Letters– Paper Mario
What it is: During chapter 2 in Paper Mario, in order to recruit Parakarry, Mario has to find three letters that he lost and deliver it back to him. Afterwards it triggers a bunch of letters to appear around the overworld and Mario must both find the letter and deliver it to the person it’s for and will receive a Star Piece for it.  One of the letters obtained triggers a very lengthy fetch quest where Mario have to constantly deliver letters one by one to people throughout this games entire world.

Why it’s considered bad: While searching for letters can be considered good due the encouragement of exploration and delivering them is just the easy task of finding them, it’s that one letter people get worked up about that triggers the fetch quest which is seen as a long boring chore that being told to deliver the letter to someone, getting to that someone and then getting another letter to deliver. Lucky Day Badge is considered a nice reward – for those willing give up 7BP to use it.

My take: I did not enjoy the fetch quest and was hoping each letter was the last letter. I didn’t see much use in the reward either.

11th: Piccolo – Super Paper Mario
What it is: It is a constant fetch quest that requires Mario to go to various locations throughout the game because simply because Merlee wants a new crystal ball. Once the player has done that they are given a key that unlocks the door to Piccolo.

Why it’s considered bad: Super Paper Mario isn’t suited to this kind of quest due to its linear overworld. It is also set out in a way in which a character wants something, sends you to someone else and when you get to them before they give you that item to give, they want another item and send you to another character only for that character to do same thing. This happens so many times and and while the quest isn’t hard, it comes across as boring and tedious. Because of this the player has to visit most locations on the fetch quest twice and the locations used can go as far as Franktail’s room. The reward is the Pixl Piccolo who just makes 8 bit sounds and is useful in one mini-boss battle.

My take: I don’t mind big fetch quests in games but only in open overworlds and if it’s a challenge. I just find this quest a chore to complete because I just feel I’m playing chapter 1 again just to get a stupid Crystal Ball and a Pixl I cannot care less about. I would do this quest every time to play SPM because I want to obtain all the Pixls but I always dread this.

10th: Star/Moon Coin challenges – Mario Golf World Tour
What it is: In Mario Golf: World Tour, there are 10 star coin challenges in each course and come in 10 different types for the player to try. These include from simply collecting the star coin with the club, shooting through rings or even a one on one character match. After the player beats all Star Coin challenges, Moon Coin challenges are unlocked and serve as harder variations to the star coin challenges.

Why it’s considered bad: Some of challenges are seen as annoyingly difficult and frustrating. Also the Moon Coin challenges are often seen as a rehash of the Star Coin challenges with the player being tasked with the same thing, just on a different hole.

My take: I have not played World Tour.

9th - Boshi Race – Super Mario RPG
What it is: During Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario travels to a place called Yo’ster Isle where he meets Yoshi and his arch rival, Boshi who is the ruler of the Island. Mario must wager out Yoshi cookies and race Boshi, while riding on Yoshi of course. The race is played out as a rhythm minigame.

Why it’s considered bad: Seen as a basic button masher mini game. Boshi also leaves little room for error which makes the race overly frustrating. There is also no real reward for beating this.

My take:I have sadly never got to experience this game.

8th: Duel of 100 – Super Paper Mario
What it is: It is a sidequest that forces the player to back to back to face 100 sammer guys for the reward of catch cards of the partners in Paper Mario: The Thousand Door. The first 15 of them were faced in the main game and then the rest are new. The Sammer Guys gain higher stats as the duel goes on.

Why it’s considered bad: You’re doing the same thing, over and over with just small changes each time. The first 15 sammer guys faced in 6-1 is considered one of the most boring parts of the game because of this and now they have made a sidequest forcing the player to face 100 of them back to back plus the player having to go through the first 15 before facing the new ones. An upside is that it does have checkpoints after every 25 sammer guys to recover but it takes up to 45 minutes of doing the same thing before the player can take a break. The reward is also considered unsatisfying.

My take: I decided to give it go but gave up early on because of how boring and repetitive this really is. Very unlikely I’ll complete this.

7th: World 9 – New Super Mario Bros Wii
What it is: It is a new area that is unlocked after beating the main game. In order for Mario to access any of the levels in World 9, he must collect all the star coins in a particular world. Each level unlock requirements corresponds to which world you have collected all the star coins in ie collecting all-star coins in World 1 unlocks World 9-1, World 2 unlocks 9-2 etc.

Why it’s considered bad: The player is forced to collect all star coins in a world so they could unlock just one level. The levels in world 9 (aside from 9-7) aren’t known to be very hard or spectacular either.

My take: World 9 was a bit of a disappointment for me, while I liked its way into encouraging star coins collecting, it just felt like a bunch of extra levels that could have been put into the main game rather than having something proper challenging.

6th: Pit of 100 Trails – Super Paper Mario
What it is: After the Pit of 100 Trails’ positive reception in TTYD, in returned in Super Paper Mario with it having not one but two pits, the easier flipside pit and the much harder flopside one. Rather than facing one simple turn based battle like in TTYD, Mario must now go through a maze filled with various enemies in each floor, this change being done to suit with it being more of an action RPG. In order to clear each floor Mario must defeat the enemy that has the key, then reach the locked door.

Why it’s considered bad: The trails take a very long time to complete which could bore some players although for the most part, people like this quest and both pits is seen as good after game challenge. However people start complaining when they have to complete the flopside pit twice since it’s the only way they could face the secret boss in Shadoo. This can be really tedious.

My take: I enjoyed tackling the pits while I’ve never beaten the flopside pit, I think it’s just stupid to force the player to go through it twice. I can’t see a reason why they would make the player have to do it again once they have beaten it.

5th: Green Stars – Super Mario Galaxy 2
What it is: After collecting 120 normal stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2, 120 Green Stars are unlocked. Green Stars are hidden in all the galaxies and Mario must mostly detour to get them. These are supposed serve as a test of Mario skills. Collecting all of them unlocks Grandmaster Galaxy.

Why it’s considered bad: However a lot of Green Stars are lazially hidden making it obvious or too well hidden forcing the player to use guides and causes cheap deaths. This is considered fake difficulty and padding by some players.

My take: Having recently gone back and collected the remaining Green Stars, I enjoyed it. While the complaints are valid and I do agree with most of them, there still a good time waster and the reward was well worth it.

4th: Rabbits – Super Mario 64 DS
What it is: In Super Mario 64 DS, the heroes have to hunt down rabbits of a specific color within Peach’s Castle in order to unlock various mini games. Once the player have caught them all, silver rabbits start appearing and the player must catch 8 of these to get a star.

Why it’s considered bad: The problem comes in when the rabbits that are silver are random. This means that the player has to rely on luck to complete this quest and it can take forever to find just one rabbit that is silver. Also rabbits can be annoying to catch, especially the ones in more open areas.

My take: I didn’t enjoy any of it. I was frustrated for a while because I had one point where it took forever for one silver rabbit to even appear. I was relieved when it was over.

3rd: Blue Coins – Super Mario Sunshine
What it is: In Super Mario Sunshine, there are 240 blue coins scattered across Isle Defino, including 30 in each main level, 20 in the hub world and 10 in Chrono Mountain. Mario can trade these Blue Coins at the Boathouse and for every 10 he trades he gets a Shine Sprite meaning up to 24 of the 120 Shine Sprites are obtained solely on this.

Why it’s considered bad: Every time someone collects one of these coins, it asks them to save midway through the level stopping the flow of the gameplay, they're unavoidable as well. Also some of the Blue Coins are hidden in places no one can find without the help of a guide making it a tedious process.

My take: Never experienced Sunshine but I clearly see why this isn’t good. Honestly it feels these were a lazy way of padding to 120 shines and little thought went into it.

2nd: One Million Coins – New Super Mario Bros 2

What it is: When the game was announced at E3 2012, Nintendo stated that it would themed around coins and ultimate goal would be to collect One Million Coins to help promote the game’s theme. It encouraged players to keep playing and collect as many coins as they can so they can achieve this ultimate goal. They knew that Nintendo highly promoted it so an incredible reward will be ahead…

Why it’s considered bad:the reward was a title screen with a Gold Mario making the entire thing sound pointless. The quest itself takes forever to complete (until DLC Gold Rush existed) which just adds to pain of the underwelmingness of the reward.

My take: I didn’t see the point, I simply didn’t see the point in going back to a game that I consider very average to complete a side quest that has almost no reward whatsoever, really disappointing Nintendo. It’s the coins that you themed this game around that symbolized how this game was just being made for the money.

1st: Completing Every Level with every character – Super Mario 3d World
What it is: In order to obtain all the stamps and complete the stamp sheet, players must complete every single level with every character. That’s literally what you have to do…

Why it’s considered bad: and it’s nothing but pointless padding. Making the player beat each level 5 times like is forcing the player to go through hell. Players find this tedious, annoying, frustrating, boring and an outright killjoy all at the same time and they are doing it just for a complete stamp sheet. The worst part of this sidequest though is that this quest includes the notoriously difficult Champion’s Road. If beating the stage once wasn’t frustrating enough, players have to successfully go through it 5 times and that includes Toad, a character who’s stats don’t suit to the stage due to his low jump.

My take: Didn’t bother, this quest was just created to encourage replay value but the reward failed to do that. It’s the most pointless quest I’ve seen in all of gaming, even more pointless than having to collect a million coins and it takes forever to do. 4 player can end this quest quicker but that is the only upside to this otherwise terrible sidequest that really shouldn’t of existed.

Spoiler: Detailed Results (click to show/hide)

Boo4761 is up next with F10 - Worst Game Mechanic.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Two

• The second sister
  • Donkey Kong
  • LN1
  • L - N - 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »
>Link votes.
I wonder what crossover character we'll get next year as a write-in.

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
also who are the 29 heathens that voted for our lord and saviour :waluigi:
it's blasphemy i tell you

1 millions coins is still the worst imo
then again i haven't played sm3dw

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »
>petey votes

also lol sm3dw

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
How is Completing every level with every character a sidequest

Kazuma

• Pedo-NEET
  • Star Spirit
  • Icemario
  • "yes I'm kazuma"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »
"quest"

>world crown

Patchouli Knowledge

• The Girl of Knowledge and Shade
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Voile, the Magic Library
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
Boy am I glad I don't own SM3DW
trash bucket (tumblr) | #isitthursdayyet | Honoka's #7 Fan

Nintendo64Dude

• Video gaming will never be the same without Satoru Iwata.
  • Power Star
  • N64Dude
  • Katyusha best Girls Und Panzer Girl
    • View Profile
    • User Wiki
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »
I have it and it's tedious.

Got some ACNL items you don't need or want to throw away well. Well come on and join ACbay the number one site to selling your ACNL items. In need of bells and have some rare items to sell then well signup to ACbay where you can make lots of bells or want something rare to buy? come to ACbay the NUMBER ONE SITE for selling ACNL items and buying them and much much more! We also have MK8 and MK7 races on the last week of very month and if you want to participate in the races signup to ACbay!

http://www.acbay.com/index.php?
Also if you want to join the ACBay Forums feel free to
http://acbay.com/forum/forum.php and make sure you say N64 recommended! you.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »
How is Completing every level with every character a sidequest

You need to do that in order to collect every stamp.

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 06:25:37 PM »
Posting on behalf of Boo4761.

Ladies and Gentlemen! Koopas and Toads! Boo4761 here, and I present you...

F10.WORST GAME MECHANIC

In this presentation, I will present you the Worst 5 game mechanics. All others will be on the bottom of the post.

Okay, number 5 on this list is...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Number 4 is from Paper Mario, all games (EVEN STICKER STAR), and that is...

Number 3 is from the Mario Party series, it's worse than Button Mashing, which you know as...

Number 2 is also from Paper Mario, but it's only exclusive to Sticker Star, which is no other than...

Now NUMBER 1, which I also think DESERVED this spot,

THE WORST GAME MECHANIC OF 2015 IS...

Spoiler: Detailed Results (click to show/hide)

Lakituthequick is up next with F8. Worst Mario Kart Course!