Computer Problems

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User
The weirdest shit is happening on my pc since recently.

Whenever I use my pc for longer than, say, 3 hours there is a chance that the pc goes to a completely glitched state. Like it closes whatever I'm using right now (mostly google chrome) and the taskbar becomes glitched first. the windows sign is replaced by whatever is right next to it (in my case ie) and random symbols from the taskbar disappear or get doubled (or get cut off after half and repeated). oddly enough when i hover over the taskbar with my mouse in this state it temporarily becoms unglitched whenever i hover over a symbol for like 1 second but then gets reset.

thats not all though. one time it happned while using mwchat and it started moviing the chat text into weird positions first whenever it scrolled. when i tried to click into it gc closed and the pc went into the glitched state again

when its glitched like that i cannot start any other program, and the task manager does show up, although with like 10 seconds delay. when i click anywhere on the desktop the color surrounding progam names becomes black forsome reason

the only program that didnt shut off in this state and was stll usable was windows 8 skype, although parts of the text disappeared. also when i went into the start page the symbols just disappear entirely when i hover over them. they reappeared briefly when i clicked on them but they did nothing anymore.

however when i closed skype the program header briefly turned into the task bar, and then when i clicked on the desktop it went completely black with my mouse still on screen but unusable. then i forced shutdown

so right now i was playing a flash game and google chrome suddenly crashed (the interface still worked but tabs didnt respond at all), i tried closing and reopening it. didnt react. when i right clicked on gc to start witg admin rights the desktop got stuck. when i right clicked on the taskbar the taskbar got stuck.

then i went to the start page and tried to shut the pc down. didnt react. then i realized that i was stucj on the start page and tried pressing the power button

it tried to go into power save mode but once again after going to a black screen it just stopped reacting. then i forced shutdown.

now since restarting the pc has been "preparing windows" for forever now

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

im using windows 8.1 on a laptop. also it is not overheating when it goes into this glitchd state, i checked that. the processor curiously also was reacting normally while everything else was glitching.

i somehow suspect the graphics card has something to do with it so ill try reinstalling it later.

any advice?

also like ive said im like 90% sure its not the processor

i havent found a solution on google either since i dont exactly know what to google for lol, since my pc is basically randomly going apeshit

EDIT: just checked and it started now, although it went into safe mode (i guess?) since all of my data etc is gone but it still says half of my hard disk is full

EDIT2: Okay it was safe mode since i restarted and my shit is back. trying to reinstall the graphics card now, wish me luck.

EDIT3: I deinstalled my nvidia driver right now and wow my pc is suddenly twice as fast

EDIT4: okay ill let the pc run for a bit now (that means im letting it run a 10 hour hatsune miku video on youtube) with the geforce card off lets see if its still glitching up later

EDIT5: Now the taskbar seems to be refreshing about once a minute (all symbols disappear for like 5 frames). not sure if good or bad.

Did you check your PC if you installed any viruses or anything...? When exactly did your PC started acting like this? Did it act like this randomly or immediately after you installed a program?

Also, when's the last time you cleaned the interior?

Also, if you're asking for tech support, it would be better if you typed normally so it's easier for people to read your problems.

started randomly. before i used to get the error that after long use the explorer got unbearably slow but thats gone now

im sorry i just tried to tell what happened

SO FAR nothing happened and ive been using the pc for hours now.

lets hope for the best.

also no i didnt check for viruses but this doesnt look like a virus tbh

i looked in the task manager when it was glitching up no suspicious processes

Ah I shouldn't have asked if you cleaned the interior.....it's a laptop *face smack*

I really don't know if it's your components that's glitching up or your software that's making it glitch up. From the looks of it, it could be components.

im 99% sure now my that nvidia geforce (graphics card) is broken

is there any way to permanently disable it without removing it from the pc (every time i remove it from the device manager my pc goes faster and stops being buggy but when i go into sleep mode or reinstall my pc its always back and i cant re deinstall it unless i restart the pc)?

geforce experience is returning an error that another installation is already running. thats probably either because its broken or because ive deinstalled it multiple times

actually ill probably just try to permanently remove it from the motherboard one of these days

I'm not sure. I've googled how to disable it and I've read that you can disable it on auto-run with msconfig but it could come back regardless. I think in order to get rid of it, you have to uninstall it permanently.

You can try googling the problem to see if anyone else has the same problem as you or for some solutions.

okay it's getting worse

now appearently other parts of my computer are breaking as well

it's starting to become insanely slow, it doesn't start awesomenauts anymore for an unspecified reason and it cannot start fullscreen skype anymore.
if this continues i might as well send it in because the only things that id have to do are nauts and yugioh (ill do this next week) for the awards for everything else i technically dont need my pc so i could get it repaired.

EDIT: AND THE NORMAL SKYPE INSTALLER IS ON JAPANESE

WHAT THE EFF oh wait ive found the option to set the language to german nvm

If you haven't already try refreshing your computer (reinstalls windows 8 with all your files intact, you'll have to redownload any programs you have):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
If it works you can rule out the issue being hardware.

If it doesn't work then yeah sounds like your gfx card might be damaged. You should be able to disable it via the BIOS - there are a heap of guides for how to access it / configure it (hopefully you have a spare phone or another computer handy because you can't get on the Web while doing it) but mainly look for a graphics option or something and go from there

tbh ive settled with still using this pc until awards stuff is over and then just letting it go to repairs since i still have warranity on it

so, since most of these problems were solved by installing windows 10 (also god my grammar and spelling in this thread are abysmal, though i think i wrote most of this on my wii u gamepad) i think this thread can be locked.

Back