Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace

Looks really nice

whilst the visuals are gorgeous there's just something about his running animation which is really off :I

imagine a mario galaxy game like this tho

GBAToad said:
whilst the visuals are gorgeous there's just something about his running animation which is really off :I

imagine a mario galaxy game like this tho
The animations are borrowed from Super Mario 64.

I'm loving this, by the way. Mario looks really unfitting in these kinds of environments, but I suppose that's part of the charm for me. I'd love the next Mario game to be something like this, lol, even though people may think that would be the stupidest thing ever.

I honestly don't like it. It's stiff and Mario looks like he's made of plastic. I prefer the original over this.

Nonetheless, that's still quite a feat programming-wise.

I guess they can refine Mario a bit, but I'm not sure if this is WIP or just a technical show-off.

Still looks impressive by an independent maker, though.

Looks cool. Make it more in the Mario style and it would look even better.

That's pretty damn awesome and impressive. If the next 3D Mario game turns out to be Galaxy 3 or Sunshine 2 then it should utilize Unreal Engine 4.

Mcmadness said:
Looks cool. Make it more in the Mario style and it would look even better.

Maybe they should import a level or two from the Mario games.

Of course...refine it a bit so it looks better.

I need to see it in a traditional Mario grass level to make the best comparison.

Well how about Bob-omb Battlefield updated?

Thats more or less the same thing.

it looks good but the animation is bit of an issue, not exactly smooth and have others have said, very stiff.

Overall though with the right tweaking and more suitable environments, this could be something special.

Regardless though the unreal engine has always been quite powerful and overall impressive, so this could go quite far, just take it from me.

Yeah, not a fan of the animation, but that's easily forgiven. It just needs some refinement in the model quality, character voices, and we'd get a real looker there.

This has got to push the Wii U or the upcoming NX hardware to it's limits. If the NX uses a processor that's based off the PowerPC G5 used in the Power Mac G5 and iMac G5 then it would run flawless without any bottlenecks and if they use the latest and more up to date GFX hardware or three GPUs combining the Wii and Wii U's GPU and the latest GFX chip from AMD then that's some impressive demo.

To be frank, I haven't really noticed the animation. I was too busy paying attention to the environments and neat lighting effects.

Back