U.S. $10 Bill to Feature a Woman

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/17/10-bill-woman/

This is pretty cool, but it sucks that they're dropping Hamilton. Couldn't they drop Jackson?

edit: not true, i have no basic reading comprehension

Who do you think should be featured?

from what I read they're not dropping Hamilton, they're just featuring a woman alongside him

now please remove in god we trust Not going there

But yeah I really like the direction this is going in. Like a lot.

Toy Bonnie said:
I heard they're featuring Harriet Tubman, i would wather
have Andrew Jackson removed rather than Alexander
Hamilton.

......we just said Hamilton will not get replaced.

I'd like Abigail Adams on the bill. Or Elizabeth Cady Stanton. A lot of fantastic historical American women to consider.... hm...

Why is everyone harping on Andrew Jackson? He was awesome.

Anyway, I'm glad Tubman is gonna be on money. She was my choice for the thing they had to put a woman on the 20.

Edit: oh wait now I know why

Magikrazy said:
Why is everyone harping on Andrew Jackson? He was awesome.

The Indian Removal Act and the Trail of Tears is one of the reasons to hate him.

Though I wouldn't say he wasn't influential; honestly I think his legacy was the reason he was put on the 20 dollar bill.

Oh, right. I was too busy admiring how badass he was that I forgot he was actually a shitty president.

Lumastar said:
I thought that Jackson would be replaced on the twenty as well, but eh.

There is a campaign for that but the article says they had plans for adding a women long before this.

Magikrazy said:
Oh, right. I was too busy admiring how badass he was that I forgot he was actually a *bleep*ty president.
I wouldn't say that. He's a horrible person toward Native Americans, very relentless (to be fair, I believe he had to fight Native Americans when he was younger and suffered an injury that time), but he also set a long legacy to follow by dismantling the National Bank (wouldn't say that's necessarily a good thing), introducing the spoils system, and overall extending the reach of executive power. He may have started the overall trend of increasing executive branch power into the 21st century. Not to mention, when Calhoun invoked tax nullification in South Carolina based on States' rights, Jackson threatened military force to preserve the Union.

I would say he's a complicated person. I mean, his wife, who was suffering from hear conditions, was the subject to personal attacks during the campaigns and she died right when Jackson was elected. It's hard not feeling remorse for him sometimes.

At school (in Quebec), it's been routinely beat into our heads in every history, world, and geography class that the treatment Native Americans in the past was absolutely horrible and everyone who was a part of it isn't a good person. So, maybe I'm biased, but I think the native issue alone puts him in a very negative light.

Back