9 Dead in Charleston Church Shooting

Some racist asshole who would've otherwise gone down in history as contributing nothing to society shot down 9 black members of a local church, including the minister who was an ex-state senator.

It's just terrible that someone would do that.

Racism kills. Racism itself needs to die.

What pisses me off the most is that, living in the south, I have to spend a lot of time around white trash redneck assholes who say shit like "one day someone's gonna shoot that ****** and get him out of office" and all chuckle like they've made some worthwhile commentary on society. And I'm not saying these are the kind of people who are actually going to grow up and shoot up a black church, but I'll bet you 100:1 the kid who shot up the church probably grew up with a racist family. And now he's probably gonna get the death penalty because of his actions. Allowing kids to grow up in a racist environment is just so fucking poisonous to their health.

And obviously the health of others

Pascal said:
are you seriously asking for a source on this

you want a source, take me. i live in charleston. this is serious business

ridiculous motives from this guy, but it's honestly impressive to me how forgiving a lot of the victim's families have been. i don't think you would get that from all churches
Eri Ayase said:
daily reminder that racism is not cool
Baby Luigi said:
i would like to PLEASE ask that everyone not interpret this as "charleston/south carolina is so racist". if anything, this is helping communities come together as everyone is disgusted by this guy's actions

Yeah I never realized you actually lived in charleston jav, it sucks what you're community is going through but I have soooooo much respect for how it's being handled

I don't think that's what blof or freak or I was implying, that sc is some horrible jim crow hellhole, but everywhere you go you're going to deal with racist assholes.

Javelin said:
Pascal said:
are you seriously asking for a source on this

you want a source, take me. i live in charleston. this is serious business

uh no i just wanted to see if there was an article about it giving more details.

I was being serious, but okay.

Regardless though, pretty sad to hear about this, although im not surprised as the racism is becoming more common then it was before.

Prayers to the family's that have to deal with this.

You see I think that's the point javs trying to make

I can't at all speak for sc here but I'm fairly certain racism is definitely /not/ getting worse

John Frusciante said:
You see I think that's the point javs trying to make

I can't at all speak for sc here but I'm fairly certain racism is definitely /not/ getting worse

its pretty bad here, nothing news worth compared to sc maybe, but every day there is something filled with racism.

Although i may think its worse now because its more public? i guess thats the biggest thing in all honesty.

when someone kills in the name of racism, it doesn't make people think "wow racism is great guys". it's the exact opposite. everyone who was kinda ho-hum on the issue is going to start taking action against racism, becoming hardened against it instead of softened

also just preemptively i would prefer if we not argue the gun issue right now, it's disgusting how instantly people on both sides start saying HEY GUYS TIME TO TALK ABOUT MY POLITICAL AGENDA. focusing on the families for now and grieving with them is the most important thing. we can discuss solutions to the problem later

Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
i would like to PLEASE ask that everyone not interpret this as "charleston/south carolina is so racist". if anything, this is helping communities come together as everyone is disgusted by this guy's actions

It really isn't. it's a very foolish to make hasty generalizations about an entire state/county. I'm talking about any sort of sick twisted machinations that people who are racist undertake.

Javelin said:
Yeah, it doesn't matter where it occurred, a hate crime is a hate crime. The Southern Poverty Law center documents all the hate groups and has a blog on hate crimes, and it's disheartening to see these groups splattered all over the U.S.. Oh, and it did document the hate crime that just happened in Charleston.

seriously killing people because their black is the most stupid thing to do, i find it sickening someone would actually do that

Lucina said:
seriously killing people because their black is the most stupid thing to do, i find it sickening someone would actually do that

This happened before, but at least it wasn't a cop that had done it in this situation.

Viper26 said:
Lucina said:

This happened before, but at least it wasn't a cop that had done it in this situation.
Why the hell does that matter?

Viper26 said:
Lucina said:

What the fuck

Viper26 said:
Lucina said:

It doesn't make it any better if it wasn't a cop did it, people still unrightfully died because of the colour of their skin.

Well, about that cop, the context of what the cop did really matters.

A cop shot someone dead in my hometown, but guess what, that person was using a car as a vehicle after being confronted by the cop, and that's when the cop shot him.

This, however, is a hate crime. As I said, a hate crime is a hate crime. I feel like it's even worse because cops carry more responsibility and liability than a random hatemonger.

viper my beef with what you're saying is that a cop has never walked into a church and shot up nine innocent people because he hates blacks

and also it has nothing to do with this at all

jon stewart gets into some politics i'm not really an expert on but he seems to have some pretty good commentary on this

jon stewart has an extremely kickable face

i remember watching his clip on it and liked some of his points, though

Back