EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User
THEYRE BRINGING MOTHER 1 TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Oh wow. I don't think anyone expected this. I welcome it all the same. It may not be 3, but IMO, Mother 1 is still an amazing game, and dare I say, better than Earthbound. There's a few things that are off-putting about it that exist only because it's an old school rpg, but maybe they fixed some of those things, and honestly if you look beyond those things, Mother 1 is very good.

Calling it Earthbound Beginnings is kind of silly tho tbh

man it is a great time to be an earthbound fan

i'll probably pick this up on the weekend with any spare funds i have left from downloading smash dlc

but does this mean that mother 3 is coming soon as well

Man, my jaw dropped and eyes widened when the special guest was Shigesato Itoi himself. Absolutely mindblowing.

I will be picking this game the next time I go out somewhere that has E-shop cards. I've heard really interesting things about this game and was always morbidly curious to try it out, and now that it's accessible on the Eshop I really have no excuse. I will try my darn best to beat this game. God, if Mother 3 is announced Tuesday I will explode.

I really should've waited on purchasing Roy since I had enough funds before doing so, but _____.

Also:

Bless this man.

Apparently, it's just the same prototype ROM they originally intended to release years and years back. Don't think I'll be picking it up, since I've played through it two times already, and I always found it tedius as hell, despite how good of a game it is.

While it's neat that they're doing this, it sort of makes me worried about MOTHER 3. Next year is the game's 10th anniversary, and I don't trust Nintendo enough (or any company, not just Nintendo) to not butcher any sort of attempt at a localization by way of censorship if they try to bring it officially into English.

also if you didn't get teary eyed at itoi's vid you have no soul

i played through this already too

but fuck it nintendo deserves to get money for this even if its 8€

well if the rates havent changed you guys get to experience the worst shit ever

although even with that this game far surpasses mother 2.

did you see the live reaction video from the nwc audience?

in the first few seconds when it was just shigesato itoi and we didn't know yet what game he was showing, there was clearly somebody in the audience who shouted "MOTHER 3".

I'm really feeling that guy

Finally got around to buying the game after buying Smash dlc. It's not super bad in terms of encounters at the moment, but I'm only at the Zoo and I heard duncan's factory and mt. itoi are great places for stuff like that.

back when my dad had some nes emulator with like every game on it i played earthbound zero

it was alright but the sequel is better

Gamefreak75 said:
Finally got around to buying the game after buying Smash dlc. It's not super bad in terms of encounters at the moment, but I'm only at the Zoo and I heard duncan's factory and mt. itoi are great places for stuff like that.

duncan's factory is the hugest directionless place you'll find in any game ever

Eri Ayase said:

Well, I just completed duncan's factory and left it. Going to it was another maze in itself. I think it literally took me an hour and a half to get to duncan's, complete it, and leave. Thankfully, I leveled Ninten enough to one-shot the Bombers and Fire Balls, so all I had to worry about was the dr. distortos that seemed to loved beating Lloyd.

Eri Ayase said:
Gamefreak75 said:

ill just list final fantasy 1 here.

Back