Poll

do i do

ye
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: should I get windows 10 - bill gates is actually satan  (Read 4308 times)

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
Re: should I get windows 10
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2016, 12:48:47 AM »
Made another recovery tool using the laptop and reinstalled Windows using it. Computer is functional again.

Tried using the disk image. Still thinks they're incompatible, even though both the laptop and computer are Windows 10 x64. Trying to use the disk image also seemed to break Windows 10 again. From what I can tell, it gets far enough in restoring from the image to render the OS unusable, even though it does nothing with the image.

Let's just install Windows 10 again! It's not like I've been sitting around waiting for loading bars to fill up all week!

Made a new recovery tool with the fresh Windows install on the computer. Hesitant to try and use my image again.

I'm trying to verify that using a system image isn't going to delete it. Because if Windows will render itself useless in a botched image restore that doesn't even work, who's to say the image couldn't get lost in another botched attempt?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:48:40 PM by BEEEEEAAARRRS »

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
Re: should I get windows 10
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 01:20:19 AM »
Well it's working and my stuff is more or less here

More or less just manually restored my stuff off the image, though I did realize I'm missing certain things. I copied everything I made after the image, but not everything modified after it, so some stuff is dated.

But it could've been worse considering I accidentally formatted my computer.

Dumbassery was committed by both sides, and I stared long into the abyss of pointless loading screens so that the abyss stared back.

I still don't know why my drives played musical chairs on me. I don't have an Antivirus anymore to scan for anything lol

That was a real experience anyway, but if I have to post in here again anytime soon I'm gonna staple myself to a ceiling

Atsuko Kagari

• Akko
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Power Star
  • Super-Yoshi
  • Never forget, a believing heart is your magic!
    • View Profile
Re: should I get windows 10 - tb's computer is fixed lol
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 05:26:55 AM »
good job you killed bad guy

hee heehee hee

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »
by the way, if anyone is thinking of getting the windows 10 anniversary update that came out today, wait a few days. it's been crashing everyone's computers right now, including mine :)

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »
in the interest of documenting everything again, Im back

updated computer night before last, finished last morning, same exact *bleep*'s happened again

gonna back up some things using command prompt again and then see if I can just rollback this version

just pulled out the hdd and bought a thing to connect it to the laptop externally instead

plug it in but restart laptop, now laptop fails to start

recovery environment has something new apparently that lets you actually use safe mode, which works

drive letters havent moved around

try system restore for two updates ago, takes a long time (there was like 100 printer drivers changed), takes long time to reboot but comes back

says restore didnt even work, not sure if itll start up again

desktop can also get into safe mode, though no other options from recovery environment do anything
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:31:33 PM by BEEEEEAAARRRS »