Votes: 8 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
Re: should I get windows 10

wtf i want my free download

if you have windows 8 or 8.1 you're not going to miss much besides losing the ability to play dvds (and you can just download vlc for that i think)

if you have windows 7 i guess it's personal preference but i've been hearing good things about windows 10

how did you find out about your download, anyway?

Nabber said:
wtf i want my free download

if you have windows 8 or 8.1 you're not going to miss much besides losing the ability to play dvds (and you can just download vlc for that i think)

if you have windows 7 i guess it's personal preference but i've been hearing good things about windows 10

how did you find out about your download, anyway?

anyone with windows 7 and up can get it for free you idjit

also i have answer: http://tinyurl.com/opjg6co

yeah i know anyone with windows 7 and up can get it, but i need to force the update

oh hey i think i found the update

it's way too late to start updating but i'm going to do it anyway

windows 10 heeeeere i come

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
tY676dB.png

this has been watching my every move since yesterday
Me too.

I'm probably not gonna do it. My computer's having enough issues running its current software. Plus, I like Windows 7.

i'm more worried about porting all my stuff over

what if something screws up and a chunk of it gets wiped?

2257 said:
Paul Heyman said:
anyone with windows 7 and up can get it for free you idjit

but can i upgrade my VERY LEGAL copy of windows 7
they specifically said they'll give it out to non-legal versions of windows 7

not that you'd have an illegal copy of windows, of course

yea
also i got this too and idk whether to upgrade
i never use the apps and i installed a custom start menu cause windows 8s start menu is balls so i dont think id be affected
im only worried about steam games and i guess other programs like emulators running

id say reserve your copy before the deal goes away and then if you decide you dont want it you can just cancel
better than wanting it later and having to pay for it

2257 said:
wait, really...? what's the business angle of that? that's basically giving it away, considering how easily windows 7 can be pirated

...according to something i heard

Market penetration. Microsoft wants everyone to move to the windows 10 ecosystem and force features like DX12 as fast as possible.

also i'm pretty sure microsoft is trying really hard to change their reputation so they seem cool again. they seem to be pretty confident in windows 10, so getting that out there could really get people interested in them

Should time-traveled to say "no".

Windows 10 is baaaad. They can perform file management when you're not looking. You're also not getting much more in terms of functionality. Also, pretty much anything you do there is just information you'll send to Microsoft.

ill stand as one of the few people who actually likes windows 10 but i acknowledge it seems to be a lot worse on other computers

i like windows 10. definitely a lot better than 8.

forced restarts are terrible though because my computer cannot restart correctly

i don't have any major issues with it since it's basically win 7 for the most part, except:

• at first I didn't really know what was meant by "file management", but when I converted, hexchat vanished on me. just the executable though, I still had the installer. I have no idea if other things disappeared on me
  • file explorer takes a really damn long time to work sometimes
  • automatically logs me in, which is okay sometimes but not if i'm trying to keep rebooting to guess what the bios key is
  • doesnt say what the stupid bios key is
  • readjusting to new start menu
  • why does my start menu need twitter

Greg Universe said:
i like windows 10. definitely a lot better than 8.

forced restarts are terrible though because my computer cannot restart correctly
I just turned off updates altogether.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
i don't have any major issues with it since it's basically win 7 for the most part, except:

• at first I didn't really know what was meant by "file management", but when I converted, hexchat vanished on me. just the executable though, I still had the installer. I have no idea if other things disappeared on me
Well, I've heard stuff about Windows 10 trying to clean up files while you're not looking I'm not sure if there is a prompt for this or not, but it's the equivalent of someone coming into your room and trying to clean it up and you're unaware of it. It deletes your software it thinks is "incompatible".

Oboro said:
were you forced into it like i was

kind of, I made a big deal out of the upgrade so I could convince my mom to let me get an external drive

then she kept asking me when I was going to get it done

Striker Mario said:
Well, I've heard stuff about Windows 10 trying to clean up files while you're not looking I'm not sure if there is a prompt for this or not, but it's the equivalent of someone coming into your room and trying to clean it up and you're unaware of it. It deletes your software it thinks is "incompatible".

Well, before I even started downloading, it warned me that windows media player was incompatible and would be removed

This later struck me as odd since other people I talked to kept their copies of WMP

WMP was also the only thing it mentioned that would be removed

Sounds like Windows 10 to me. I never used it myself, but it's going to go through a lot of odd behavior like that (as well as how you can't find hexchat anymore). Just warning you.

Back