Yooka-Laylee

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

New Banjo-Kazooie inspired game hitting PC and consoles in the future. Hype.

also this was funded in less than an hour

I saw it and wanted to throw money at it, but I had to learn that kickstarter does not support paypal.

Now I am sad. :'(

Captain America said:
also this was funded in less than an hour
gg, it's literally increasing as I stare.

Almost halfway (£500,000) to all stretch goals already.

The characters look a bit ridiculous. I don't get that hype, I always found Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 better than Banjo-Kazooie.

7drHiqr.gif

about time the old rare staff that dropped out came back together.

pretty hype

now they just need to get in the guys who also dropped out and made the timesplitters series

if you arent excited about this you have no soul

Guys, don't feed hecklers.

And I was being so proud it was being ignored. :'(

This thing's going to hit all of it's stretch goals in one day. Mostly because of how many people want a true successor to the Banjo games.

more than half of the stretch goals have already been reached

Sweet! This game looks really nice so far, I'm so glad it's happening. It's been way too long since Tooie happened.

i should probably be a little ashamed to not have noticed the title was a pun on ukulele​

This game looks absolutely amazing I really hope it takes off

the music is perfect, the character design is adorable and oh my god im so happy. just looking at gameplay has a nostalgic feel to it, and yet its a brand new IP. definite purchase in the future.

release date rn is october 2016

Paper Jorge said:
the music is perfect

Well, with it being a collaborative effort between Grant Kirkhope and David Wise, the music being amazing was a foregone conclusion.

I'm so glad they went for a more Banjo-Kazooie feel with Rareware's signature instruments, instead of the generic orchestra of Nuts&Bolts.

Note: I don't have anything against orchestra. Just generic orchestra for the sake of having orchestra.

Gamefreak75 said:
Looks great but Laylee's giant red nose really bugs me.

It'll probably grow on me over time.

Not... literally. I don't want a giant red nose on me.

All of the original stretch goals were met in a single day.

So they added some more, up to £1,200,000.

so one of the gifts is a n64 cartridge of the game (which is really a 64GB flash drive)

lmao

Back