Your ideas of what should be implemented in a Mario game/Your Mario game ideas.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
The title is pretty self explanatory. This thread is about your ideas of what you think should be implemented in a Mario game or your ideas for a Mario game.

Here is what I'd like:

1. An action-adventure Mario game that isn't a Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi series game

I want a main series Super Mario game that is focused more on the adventure itself and I want it to be more like say an adventure game with exploration like say a Metroidvania game. It should be a little something like what Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is to Castlevania. It should include a level up system based on experience points and should offer stuff like equipping things. It can still have that traditional jumping and stomping on enemies as seen in pretty much any other Mario game. It can have Mario, Peach, Luigi and Bowser be playable characters

2. My idea for a 2D/3D hybrid Mario platformer in the way of Mega Man X7

What are your ideas for what should be implemented in a Mario game or your ideas for a Mario game?

A game that links the world of the RPGs, the other spinoffs and the main series and acts as a series turning point towards more storied adventures. Characters like Waluigi, Daisy (as much as I hate to say it) and the RPG exclusive character, along with old favorites like Wart, Tatanga, Foreman Spike and Wario the antagonist would get their chance to shine in the biggest Mario game of the decade: Super Mario Universe.

The roster would be larger than Mario Kart 8's and maybe even Brawl's roster. Probably the size of Smash 4's roster, and like Smash, characters would have their own movesets but they would be more geared towards a platforming adventure with RPG elements like EXP and getting stronger as you defeat more enemies. The final party would span the Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario series united to face an ultimate evil.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
A game that links the world of the RPGs, the other spinoffs and the main series and acts as a series turning point towards more storied adventures. Characters like Waluigi, Daisy (as much as I hate to say it) and the RPG exclusive character, along with old favorites like Wart, Tatanga, Foreman Spike and Wario the antagonist would get their chance to shine in the biggest Mario game of the decade: Super Mario Universe.

The roster would be larger than Mario Kart 8's and maybe even Brawl's roster. Probably the size of Smash 4's roster, and like Smash, characters would have their own movesets but they would be more geared towards a platforming adventure with RPG elements like EXP and getting stronger as you defeat more enemies. The final party would span the Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario series united to face an ultimate evil.

Sounds wretched.

True dat

Get rid of limited lives. They're pretty much worthless when continues are unlimited and you can save.

Coins will instead be used to buy power-ups and 1-ups will allow you to come back to life without restarting from the beginning or last checkpoint.

A new RPG series or at least game where all 8 of the main characters are playable and maybe with Daisy, Waluigi, Diddy, Bowser Jr.

I have one where Mario goes to stop Bowser from kidnapping Peach again, but Kamek flings him into a mysterious portal before he can.

Mario wakes up, but everything seems fine. Too fine. He walks around, only to find...Mario? Immediately assuming this Mario is an impostor made by Bowser, Mario 1 starts fighting Mario 2. Mario 2 eventually stops him, and explains that he saw Mario 1 fall from a portal, possibly an interdimensional one. Mario 2 says they'll visit E. Gadd tomorrow. The Marios then head to Mario 2's house, which is located on Mario Land and next to the Mario Toy Company. Mario 2 explains that after retiring, he got back together with Pauline, whom Mario 1 does not recognize.

I don't know what happens in between, but it results in the Marios, as well as Luigi 1, Peach 1, Toad 1, and the Mini Marios fighting Bowser and Donkey Kong.

A beat em up

A hack n' slash game starring the Baby Mario Bros.

Magikrazy said:
Get rid of limited lives. They're pretty much worthless when continues are unlimited and you can save.

Coins will instead be used to buy power-ups and 1-ups will allow you to come back to life without restarting from the beginning or last checkpoint.
Coins can also work as a collection aspect: you collect a certain amount of coins in a level, you get a reward. But they have to repurpose Goomba-spawning pipes or at least make them inefficient so players have to find other methods than waiting with Fire Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
A hack n' slash game starring Baby Mario and Baby Luigi gets kidnapped

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:
A real-life game where Mario goes shopping for groceries and tries to find the best bargain all while stressing out in amiibo preorders and Luigi's continuous nagging him on house chores, and Baby Luigi gets kidnapped

*lifts finger*

I got a better idea.

Baby Luigi gets kidnapped-the video game

It's a video editor where you come up with a variety of different ways for him to get snatched away

Mcmadness said:
I got a better idea.

Baby Luigi gets kidnapped-the video game

It's a video editor where you come up with a variety of different ways for him to get snatched away
And you can make him get kidnapped after getting kidnapped.

Hmmm...

How about something like the sequel to Spore. It plays and looks like Spore, but better, and Baby Luigi gets kidnapped in all stages.

Look I'll be off sticking a spoon in my eyes while consuming bleach if you don't mind.

Baby Luigi said:
Look I'll be off sticking a spoon in my eyes while consuming bleach if you don't mind.

Is it a a baby luigi spoon? Be careful or else somebody will snatch it away.

Mario Party Σ said:
How about something like the sequel to Spore. It plays and looks like Spore, but better, and Baby Luigi gets kidnapped in all stages.

You design creatures for the specific reason to kidnap him!

Baby Luigi said:
Watch out or your username, your avatar, and your signature might get kidnapped.

Well so far, I've been playing with a Baby Luigi mod in Left 4 Dead 2 and Garry's Mod so any-would be kidnappers would be shot on sight.

Not unless the kidnapper also happens to be a survivor on easy difficulty.

...I don't get it.

Survivors on easy difficulty can't get shot to death, so your Baby Luigi isn't safe anywhere.

Last time I checked, if they shot Baby Luigi, he said he'll bury them alive

Back