Poll

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

Yes
10 (37%)
Yes
17 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 57349 times)

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Re: Nintendo NX
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 09:40:04 PM »
Oh no, not that piece of filth Wii U board of GameFAQs
"Piece of filth" is being way too nice.

I prefer "intellectual hive of scum".
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »
and while we're at it, more rumors (this is actually a serious article, but since there are no sources cited whatsoever I highly doubt its legitimacy)

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:11:15 PM by Eri Ayase »

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 06:23:21 AM »
in the lastest annual shareholder meeting of nintendo, iwata talked very briefly about the nx and said that they will continue to produce 3ds and wii u games for at least several months after the launch of nx

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/150626qa/03.html

It will be interesting to see what exactly this is since nintendo seems to be really commited about not replacing any existing console with this. Although this could go like when the DS was announced and GBA games still continued to be released for about 2 years after its release because the DS wasn't originally though to succeed the Gameboy line either (or probably it was, but if the DS would have failed they could've just released another gameboy).

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
  • Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »
The high estimates for sales and release date concern me.

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 10:33:07 PM »
How cool would it be if it became like the console from Her?

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2015, 05:33:38 AM »
elaborate?

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
lol

also

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-announced-ps4-3ds

>nx is being considered.
this is sorta relevant

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2015, 02:04:33 AM »
This might be a great opportunity for an Unreal Engine 4 styled 3D open world Mario game seeing that Nintendo is finally supporting that *bleep*!

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2015, 12:27:56 AM »
I predict the NX will launch with the following:

- One or two out of the three "bigs", with at least one being a main title. (There have been reports of a new Mario game likely launching with Nintendo's next system; Zelda Wii U is "getting reworked" and might be a cross-system release like Twilight Princess if the NX releases in 2016; I could see Pokémon doing something as well (maybe Pokémon Z on New 3DS and NX?), and Pokken would likely work better on stronger hardware).
- Either a new Animal Crossing or Splatoon title (very likely major; I could see Crossing coming at launch and "Splatwoon" coming later once there is a bigger install base on the system).
- A new game showing off the system's features. (Think Wii Sports and Nintendo Land, or even along the lines of Pilotwings and F-Zero.)
- A "hardcore" game. (Maybe Metroid or F-Zero. There have been hints of both coming to Nintendo's next console.)

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 01:56:39 AM »
I'd so want a new Metroid game. A proper one.

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 02:01:09 AM »
I'd so want a new Metroid game. A proper one.
A lot of people believe that a new main series Metroid Prime game is currently in development for the NX.

Chiaki Nanami

• #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2015, 02:02:51 AM »
Oh wow, because 'a lot of people' surely is a viable source, isn't it? I'd rather wait until there's some kind of official announcement, so I don't get my hopes up for nothing.

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2015, 02:06:31 AM »
Oh wow, because 'a lot of people' surely is a viable source, isn't it? I'd rather wait until there's any kind of official announcement, so I don't get my hopes up for nothing.
True, but a lot of people have been clamoring it for a long time, and it would be a great way to show off the NX's power. Add on the facts that the Prime series has reemerged with Federation Force (love it or not) and the fair possibility of the NX having some form of VR, and Metroid Prime 4 on the NX becomes a distinct. Regardless, I'll be happy with ANY good Metroid game from Nintendo.

I also wonder if a Diddy Kong Racing 2 could happen. There have been rumors for a good while, and while I'm sure most, if not all, if them are fake, it's always possible. Maybe Nintendo could even promote other new games like Rare did back in the day with Banjo and Conker.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:09:56 AM by Lumastar »

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2015, 05:10:12 AM »
Reggie said he doesn't like VR

then again that probably means nothing. I'd personally love to see some kind of VR after I saw what the Oculus  Rift could do.

Richard Petty Motorsports

• R.I.P. Beezwacks and Walkazo
  • Celestial Guide
  • Toad85
  • /r/NascarRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
I also wonder if a Diddy Kong Racing 2 could happen. There have been rumors for a good while, and while I'm sure most, if not all, if them are fake, it's always possible. Maybe Nintendo could even promote other new games like Rare did back in the day with Banjo and Conker.

Doesn't Rare own the rights to that?

And even if they don't, would Nintendo really want to produce and promote a game that would compete with their own MK8?

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2015, 01:21:56 PM »
Reggie said he doesn't like VR

then again that probably means nothing. I'd personally love to see some kind of VR after I saw what the Oculus  Rift could do.
I read an article that goes over how they might try to make a social VR platform that strays from what the competition is doing now. They could also focus on AR like the HoloLens.

And even if they don't, would Nintendo really want to produce and promote a game that would compete with their own MK8?
Nintendo made a new Donkey Kong Country without Rare. I'm sure they could do another Diddy Kong Racing. I could also see it being a very different experience from Mario Kart.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »

Diddy Kong Racing DS

Chiaki Nanami

• #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
Yeah, the only thing Rare owns of Diddy Kong Racing is Banjo, the rest of the characters are Nintendo's to use whenever they want to.

Richard Petty Motorsports

• R.I.P. Beezwacks and Walkazo
  • Celestial Guide
  • Toad85
  • /r/NascarRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »

Diddy Kong Racing DS

i feel silly now