The SpongeBob Video Games Thread

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
So you've seen the show, and it's been bashed to hell and back as of late. But what about the games? I grew up with multiple SpongeBob games on the GBA (those being SuperSponge, Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, Battle for Bikini Bottom, and the Movie game)

Haven't played too many recent entries though. Are they any good? From what I've seen of the console games they look nothing like what I'm used to. Even though I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer I may grab a PS1 just to play that version of SuperSponge and experience my first video game in a new way.

Here's my ranking of them, from my best memories:

SuperSponge=Revenge of the Flying Dutchman>Battle for Bikini Bottom=The SpongeBob Movie

Should really dig out my GBA or DS and play them again.

I also played the GBC game Legend of the Lost Spatula but never got very far in it.

i can only really remember one spongebob game that i've ever played, which is the drawn to life spongebob edition

it's probably my favourite drawn to life game, mainly because
it doesn't end in a sad way, with someone dying, or in the next chapter's case, everyone dying.

Plus you're able to kill enemies and redraw them, and you get to create your own little army and shit. it was inspired to have doodlebob as the main villain

i know that i do have another spongebob game, i think it's battle for bikini bottom, but i had it on my ds, and all i remember is that it was shit

I own Lights, Camera, Pants! The minigames are fun and the movie is pretty good.

For those that don't know, the game is about playing different minigames in order to gain enough points to earn roles in a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy movie being made. You can play as Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Plankton. Watching certain characters in certain roles is hilarious.

Battle for Bikini Bottom is actually pretty good, it's definitely my favorite game based on a cartoon/movie/whatever

the Movie game and Lights Camera Pants are decent too

SuperSponge and the Yellow Advenger are meh

don't care for the console Revenge of the Flying Dutchman or Creature from the Krusty Krab

didn't like gba RotFD at all

Hoxton said:
i can only really remember one spongebob game that i've ever played, which is the drawn to life spongebob edition
Oh yeah, this game.
I've played all drawn to life games, and even though my favourite is the next chapter, I still really like the spongebob version.

oh and I forgot SpongeBob SquigglePants

it's ok but it's no WarioWare

I tried Creature from the Krusty Krab on the DS and it was a bit meh compared to the GBA ones I had played. Good concept though.

The only one I really played was Battle for Bikini Bottom (a gift from a friend). It's actually pretty decent, but when the original voice actors aren't used, it's really glaring. I find the collectathon done better than in Sunshine (the Patrick socks were better than those damn blue coins for starters).

Oh, I forgot to mention I also played two PC games, Operation Krabby Patty and Employee of the Month.

I loved 'em as a kid, but I doubt they'd be too interesting to me now. Then again, who knows lol

Long Live THQ

Battle for Bikini Bottom > Spongebob Movie (GBA) > Spongebob Movie (PS2) > that spongebob mario party clone with the film studio for ps2 > Supersponge > Spongebob and his friends (DS)

Back