Author Topic: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)  (Read 68970 times)

FrostyPhoenix

• Discount Grinch
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
  • [Wahoos internally]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2018, 11:32:11 PM »
Okay.  I read a review of this game on 3DS, and it said that the entire game was 2D, unlike the console version.  I guess I'll get the 3DS version for now, and get the PC version once I have a good PC to play it on.

Yup, however there are few short 3D segments in the form of the special stages which play out similarly to Sonic Heroes' special stages.

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »
The power has arrived in a dream team!

Jack Black

• Oh Man! I totally forgot to bring an Octagon, this is so embarrassing
  • King Bowser
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
  • That Stop Sign on my flag is an Octagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »
I'm completely baffled as to why Vector isn't in team Chaotix.

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2018, 03:46:04 PM »
#NotMyTeamChaotix

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
Maybe they're putting Mighty in Chaotix or something

winstein

• Dry Bowser
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »
The power has arrived in a dream team!

Another interesting combination, but it's nonetheless interesting to see Blaze again since she was not featured in Forces (I think she appeared in Speed Battle). I can imagine the Chaotix fans being upset that the team is not complete, but I thought it's OK since at least Vector is here.

That leaves us with Eggman's team, and it would most likely be my predicted combination: Eggman himself, Orbot+Cubot and Metal Sonic.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2018, 01:21:01 AM »
Maybe they're putting Mighty in Chaotix or something

I was thinking that both Mighty and Ray would be in the game and given a modern appearance thanks to Sonic Mania Plus.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2018, 04:20:48 AM »

It seems like a new Sonic animated series is the works, hooray!
Only downside to me is that likely means no season 3 of Boom, alas.

Snoadgamer

• King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2018, 02:43:44 AM »
I want the animated series to be like Sonic Mania Adventures, but 10 minutes long.

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2018, 04:27:43 AM »
I want another adaptation of the fan favorite SatAM. The comics focus so much on character development and has deep storylines! And again, I know you’re probably tired of me gushing but...Sonic and Sally!

Snoadgamer

• King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2018, 09:50:16 AM »
So according to my calculations, if I don't spend money on anything this week, I'll have a high chance of getting Sonic Mania Plus this weekend.

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2018, 01:16:46 PM »
My brother just got Sonic Mania Plus, but I have yet to play it.  I'm looking forward to it, though!

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania Plus + New Sonic Racing game teased)
« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
Well guys, I just bought Shadow the Hedgehog. It was $6 at a swap meet and I couldn't pass it up. It's time to see how deep this *bleep*hole goes.

All right, I beat this game a few months back and never got around to giving my impressions. For the record, I did all the main paths to unlock the Last Story and did a few more various missions and paths after that. The game was both better and worse than I expected.

First off, the main story itself is garbage. You have funny stuff like Shadow android or Shadow betraying Sonic at the last second, but then the main story paints Gerald as some hero even though in SA2 he was literally a terrorist.

The gameplay itself is fine and the guns are surprisingly fun to use, but the controls themselves are, in my opinion, the worst part of the game. Shadow controls like he cleaned his shoes with 10 sticks of butter and the homing attack is all kinds of janky. Also all the vehicles are impossible to control.

The music itself is actually surprisingly good. I mean, it's not the best in the series and I won't remember tracks like Central City or Glyphic Canyon, but there are some great tracks there. My top 3 songs would have to be Gun Fortress, Lost Impact, and Final Haunt.

The levels themselves are a mixed bag as well. You have some piss easy ones of getting to the goal and then there's levels of searching for 50+ things to kill or destroy. Also, Lost Impact  is not the worst level in the game. People who say that have obviously never touched The Doom or The Ark.

Overall I think the game is fine. I had a lot more fun with than I did with Sonic Lost World.

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
Okay, no one on this wiki probably plays it anymore but Sonic Forces Speed Battle just did an event to get a Halloween version of Rouge ... and boy, I am starting to see why people resent free to play
See, this used not to be a problem, the game will give you every chance to get the characters in the game at any time, but this is a limited time thing ... and boy does it have unreasonable standards for it
You see, the event only was for this week, presumably to make  way for a Halloween version of Shadow that got datamined, but to even get the Halloween version of Rouge, you have to play the game constantly, there is no option to flat out just purchase her, you either have to keep doing events, either wait 7 hours, unlock them with red rings, which you can only get by timed chests, missions or buying them, the points to get her are 300, but the points you actually get after completing a mission is random, i unusually got only 8 points, some missions require you to get chests, but after playing a certain number of matches per day, you stop getting them.

Also, I usually lose my tablet or have something else to do, even  if, by some miracle, I could unlock her just by waiting 7 hours, guess what? It's a character that is only here for a limited time that you can only get by chance.

Sorry, but this really annoys me.

Snoadgamer

• King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
I still play this game. When I heard of the update, I thought it would be Mighty and Ray or something. But then I thought it would instead be a spooky character, so I thought it would be Werehog Sonic and Chip from Unleashed. But it turned out to be spooky versions of Rouge and Shadow. I was disappointed. Not just that, but for some reason, after the update, now I can't play the game anymore! I can actually enter the game, but when I start a run, after a couple of seconds, I get sent back to the menu. Maybe Witch Rouge just casted a spell on the game, or because of how much content there is, the game glitches.

Snoadgamer

• King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 02, 2018, 03:33:39 AM »
Guys, I have a problem.

Last time I played Sonic Mania on my Switch on handheld mode with earphones plugged in, after starting an act and playing for a while, the music cuts! But the sound stays! I don't know if it's a problem with the game or the earphones! My guess is that maybe the music is so HD that the earphones can't handle it. Do you know why this happens?

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 02, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »
Guys, I have a problem.

Last time I played Sonic Mania on my Switch on handheld mode with earphones plugged in, after starting an act and playing for a while, the music cuts! But the sound stays! I don't know if it's a problem with the game or the earphones! My guess is that maybe the music is so HD that the earphones can't handle it. Do you know why this happens?
Easy way to find out why this happens: unplug the earphones and see what happens.  If the sound stays, it's your earphones.  If the sound still gives you problems, it's something else.

Also, make sure that music is enabled via the in-game options menu.

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2018, 05:56:19 PM »
As usual, IDW delivers the goods.

Spoilers for the new issue:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pinkgu

• NOOT
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Pink Cat
  • NOOT
    • View Profile
    • Where the wind blows
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2018, 03:15:50 AM »
The tie in for Team Sonic Racing basically confirmed Eggman as playable, his team mates are a mystery though

Also, we got some details on the plot, spoilers below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)