Author Topic: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)  (Read 69042 times)

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
I actually really hated Sonic Colours for the DS. It's the only game I ever sold.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
I actually really hated Sonic Colours for the DS. It's the only game I ever sold.

Well that's not the version most people praise. The handheld ports of most recent Sonic console games are generally inferior to the Console version.

You won't find many people saying Sonic Colors, Generations, and Lost World on DS or 3DS are Better then their Console counterpart. Sonic Boom may be a bit of an exception if it counts (But I'm not sure they do since they're kinda different games with even a different take at the story) but even then that doesn't mean the handheld game was all that good given Rise of Lyric's reception it wouldn't be saying much unlike with the others.

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
wait there was a sonic colors ds?  :o

Snowzomi Mistletoujou

• Cosmic Traveller
  • Celestial Guide
  • Stargazing
    • View Profile
wait there was a sonic colors ds?  :o
yeah and apparently it has an exclusive final boss ((iirc, i could be wrong))

supermariofan

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
I love this series but (I know I'm beating a dead horse but I gotta express this) what the *bleep* is wrong with this fanbase?

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
Sonic Colors DSwas pretty much Sonic Rush 3 and I consider it to be part of the series, since it held the same core gameplay just with Wisps put in.

It's not a bad game, it's too short, easy and had some mediocre boss battles which makes it inferior to the first two rush games.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Miki Hoshii

• Sleeping Skill Level: Maxed
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
Sonic Generations is the best sonic game. That's all I have to say about the series really.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
Sonic Generations is the best sonic game. That's all I have to say about the series really.

My thoughts on Generations is that I do think it certainly belongs amongst the top of the franchise. But it's too short for my liking, I know the PC version kinda fixes that with the modding community but I'm kinda unable to even get into that. (I use Macs, durr hurr hurr go ahead and say "get a pc/real computer". I don't care :P)

But yeah the console version I have with the PS3 that you can't get anything added to just feels almost as barren as the white space that's in the level select area.

I'm willing to say Generations is one of the top Sonic games of the franchise, but it's a long way from beating out my personal favorite even if I know my favorite isn't necessarily the best game of the franchise. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is still my favorite out of the franchise. It introduced me to Sonic, I loved the gameplay (Even the Tails/Eggman and most of Knuckles/Rouge levels), Much more replay value that includes a Multiplayer and the Chao Garden, The Music, etc. It would take alot to beat it out for me. And Sega's not exactly taking any big project or risks in order to due so. Which is understandable of course. So for that reason I'm not sure any Sonic game will ever top SA2:B to me.

(Though Sega should really get on at least a Chao Garden thing for the 3DS eShop of some kind. I'd buy that in a heartbeat)

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
My thoughts on Generations is that I do think it certainly belongs amongst the top of the franchise. But it's too short for my liking.

precisely this

what i expected was at least 2 zones per game + maybe some extra stuff

but nope, had to stretch it out with uneccessary and repetetive missions (at least i thought so).

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
I don't really see how the game length would be a problem unless it's under 5 hours or so.

Which it wasn't, took me a good 15+ hours to 100% it which I believe is a good range for a game to have. Not so long that it gets boring, not too short that I'm aching for more.

Also I spent a few hours just replaying my favourite Modern Sonic courses for fun, just trying to get through as fast as possible because that's the greatest thing about sonic games; that sense of speed.

My single complaint would be the final boss, it's atrocious. *bleep* that thing, not even the music was good to salvage it.

Looking back on SA2:B, it was a really fun game but only when I played the sonic/shadow levels; the other characters were okay but it really slowed the game down. Chao Garden was a nice distraction and I loved it as a child but when I went back to it a year or so ago I found myself wondering what I enjoyed about it to begin with, it's still a nice distraction but I can't seem to praise it like other people can any more. I can't praise the game as a whole like other people can any more.

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
i never bothered for chao garden before, what can you even do there?

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
Raise Chao, feed them fruit and the animals you collect, etc

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
and now i know why i ignored it all these years

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
throw your children at walls until they cry

or feed them stuff so they turn into weird looking chao's that have stats for these really short and kind of unmemorable minigames where you let them fight to the death or force them to run a marathon.

I guess the charm is in raising a family of chao's, giving them names and taking them to the Chao School then watching them grow into weird mutated chao's as you feed them living animals or sticks of nuclear waste.

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
maybe ill not skip the chao garden the next time i accidentally pick up a chao key in sa2

Snowzomi Mistletoujou

• Cosmic Traveller
  • Celestial Guide
  • Stargazing
    • View Profile
My single complaint would be the final boss, it's atrocious. *bleep* that thing, not even the music was good to salvage it.
look out it's a homing shot

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
The Chao garden was my favorite part of Sonic Adventure. It's pretty much the sole reason I still play it today.

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
my favourite part was playing city escape

and then playing it again

and again

and again

it sometimes still happens today

*bleep* yeah city escape