Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 12195 times)

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Next Year
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2015, 05:13:56 AM »
We could do a favourite game by system, excluding ones like the Nintendo 64DD, Virtual Boy, Satellite View etc.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »
^that's already been put down on the list, we'll have ones for both 3ds and wii u assuming we can get people to host for them

Can you link the list? Is Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire there as well?

The only list at the moment is that there's thoughts of having a pokemon and smash and etc. tournaments, nothing solidified, just games we'd like to see.  And by Ruby/Sapphire I assume you mean ORAS?

Yeah I mean ORAS.

Amphituber

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 05:32:30 AM »
We could do a favourite game by system, excluding ones like the Nintendo 64DD, Virtual Boy, Satellite View etc.

Ditto to this idea, though I don't think we should exclude systems. Maybe a minimum amount of games to allow it to qualify?

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2015, 05:50:13 AM »
Favorite Princess

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
Can the presentation check-ups just be for people who've historically been bad with deadlines? I'll freely admit that I often leave my presentations to the last minute, but I need to wait for myself to be in a creative mood to work on my presentations and I've always handed in my presentations on time.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
  • You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 11:58:33 AM »
Favorite Princess
There are hardly enough Princesses that are both well-known and well-known as princesses to fill it out. Peach, Daisy, Rosalina (a case could maybe be made for the baby counterparts), I guess Zelda... Shokora? The Shroobs? Luvbi?

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:25 PM »
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Pink Gold Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Peach
Baby Rosalina

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
I... already made that list in my own post, so thanks for reiterating it? Besides, half of those characters are the same person, and Pink Gold Peach seriously shouldn't count as a "Princess", least of all because including her really seems like you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »

I was thinking something similar for tournaments i.e. if a handful of people only own up to like Pokemon Black/White then maybe there could be a side tournament at that generation level.  We'd have to get numbers for everything first though.

As an award, I think the minimum was like 6 nominees with a max of 15.  We should only exclude systems if we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for them.

Can the presentation check-ups just be for people who've historically been bad with deadlines? I'll freely admit that I often leave my presentations to the last minute, but I need to wait for myself to be in a creative mood to work on my presentations and I've always handed in my presentations on time.

No, they're going to be for everyone, but our idea isn't like...collecting a certain percentage of it and treating them as deadlines, but like, "hey are you still active?  do you still plan on doing the presentation?  what's your idea? etc." since a majority of the times we've had to do backup presentations have been people who sign up as soon as it opens and then just vanish off of the face of the earth, or people who think that literally just vomiting the list of results back at us with maybe one or two lines of text in front of it qualifies as a job well done.  If you've historically gotten them in on time despite doing it last minute then that could factor in to getting past the checkpoint.  After all, worst case is you don't finish it and give me and Smasher panic attacks and I send my Toadies out to steal you away from your family.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
^that's already been put down on the list, we'll have ones for both 3ds and wii u assuming we can get people to host for them
It may be too early to ask, but would these be like actual tournaments with items off, legal stages only, counter-picking and all that jazz?

Yohane Tsushima

• Fallen Angel
  • Celestial Guide
  • Stargazing
  • who's yoshiko lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »
It may be too early to ask, but would these be like actual tournaments with items off, legal stages only, counter-picking and all that jazz?
I believe it depends on the host.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 01:03:55 PM »
I'm personally not into having strict rules, but I think removing some of the wildly-unpredictable/awkward stuff (Pyrosphere, Garden of Hope, Assist Trophies, Boss Galagas...) would be nice.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
If there's a tournamnet for both versions, maybe the 3DS could be the wacky one with items and the Wii U version could be for actual competitive matches.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2015, 01:13:52 PM »
Not everyone has one version or the other so casting the 3ds into For Fun and Wii U into For Glory might not appeal to everyone interested.  If there's going to be both styles played, I'd like for it to be also for both systems.  If that's the case, and we cover various play options, it'll be quite a hefty tournament by our previous standards so whoever runs it better be good at running it.

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
2 v. 2 tournaments would be cool, although I don't know if me or other people will actually go in one.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 05:07:40 PM »
2v2 might allow more balancing like if there's one person who's a *bleep*ing beast at the game they'd then have to deal with 2 opponents and a less skilled teammate.  I think it's a good option to consider.

Suddenly 17 smash tournaments to appeal to all various modes.

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »
2v2 might allow more balancing like if there's one person who's a *bleep*ing beast at the game they'd then have to deal with 2 opponents and a less skilled teammate.  I think it's a good option to consider.

Suddenly 17 smash tournaments to appeal to all various modes.
Well, I was thinking about me and my sister together versus two other people from this forum... maybe it's not a tournament as much as my sister and I versus the forum, but we don't like to draw attention like that. >_>

My real concern is the ONLINE play which feels soooo much different than live. Like, the inputs feel all delayed and that sucks.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »
every now and then i'll get into a match where the input lag and/or regular lag is really awful but for the most part they feel the same to me

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »
Favorite Princess

Someone suggested a favorite princess/favorite female character award last year and this was my reply to it:

With the way the internet can be at times, I'm worried a "best female character" award would regress into a "who has the honkiest set of Megahorns" contest. I'd rather not pander at the gawkers.

Plus, singling out female characters like that kind of rubs me the wrong way. It creates the illusion that being female is somehow an odd, alien concept that needs to be examined separately, when it actually should not matter at all in regards to respectability.

So pls no "best female" award.

My opinion hasn't really changed. I still oppose it.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Yohane Tsushima

• Fallen Angel
  • Celestial Guide
  • Stargazing
  • who's yoshiko lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:35 AM »
well, favourite princess isn't really all the degrading to me because they're princesses

we could have favourite plumber to balance it out and waluigi will always be the winner