The Spore Thread

What do you want for the next Spore game/pack? If it will happen.

• Voice Selection to your Avatar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Befriending behemoths

• other special abilities to your creature

• More Creature, color,vehicle,buildings parts

• A size to fill the gap between Giant and Big

• rideable vehicles

• A selection on your stats of your avatar

• Making plants

• Other if I am missing something

• Creating water creatures/ Sea Monster

• Buildings that you can enter

• All suggestions

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • None! I don't want too many changes.

• More traits of a creature's behavior.

• Total voters

yoshiking14x

Retired
Talk about Spore here and put questions related to the series.

Is it normal for my creatures to bite only, despite having claws or clubs during attacks in Spore Galactic Adventures?

Is it IMPOSSIBLE to make NPC throw stuff at the avatar or at anyone else?

You can't be friends with a epic?

This should be in Video Games btw.

I can answer one of the questions, you cannot be friends with an epic, they hate you and will try and kill you on sight. But there are Rogue creatures that walk around, they usually have about 250HP, and you can be friends with them

ooo, Spore.

Have you ever tried mods? Like Dark Injection? It helped me make a satisfying Mario creation. One suggestion is to make separate creature parts colorable because the color options kind of suck. I'd also like a voice bar so my Princess Peach and Daisy creatures don't sound exactly like my Mario creatures: friendly men.

I wish Spore had a sequel. :(

Mario Party X said:
Have you ever tried mods? Like Dark Injection? It helped me make a satisfying Mario creation.
I always wondered how you and your sister made those creations, now I know.

Technically, you CAN enter buildings (or create the illusion of entering one) with the Adventure creator already. Just make the door a teleported to an interior somewhere else on the planet. The Adventure creator ALSO lets you adjust size of creatures, objects, and vehicles too.

If you like Spore, then I HIGHLY recommend Galactic Adventures, it's most likely the expansion pack that makes Spore a must-play. You can do practically ANYTHING with the adventure editor: from making something mission-less for mindless killing of dancing Donkey Kongs to a story-driven fiasco of some sort.

I think a newer patch should include better creature coloring options and yes a freaking voice editor. I hate it when my female characters sound like guys. :P

Uncle Deadly said:
Mario Party X said:
Have you ever tried mods? Like Dark Injection? It helped me make a satisfying Mario creation.
I always wondered how you and your sister made those creations, now I know.
Well, the Dark Injection mod is the most popular one out there. Unless you're using the Steam version of Spore, I suggest you try it out. It removes the restrictions on creature creating, from complexity meter to DNA points. It's pretty much an upgrade from Spore.

I didn't say Steam version of Spore because I heard that it has some issues.

Baby Luigi said:
Technically, you CAN enter buildings (or create the illusion of entering one) with the Adventure creator already. Just make the door a teleported to an interior somewhere else on the planet. The Adventure creator ALSO lets you adjust size of creatures, objects, and vehicles too.

If you like Spore, then I HIGHLY recommend Galactic Adventures, it's most likely the expansion pack that makes Spore a must-play. You can do practically ANYTHING with the adventure editor: from making something mission-less for mindless killing of dancing Donkey Kongs to a story-driven fiasco of some sort.

I think a newer patch should include better creature coloring options and yes a freaking voice editor. I hate it when my female characters sound like guys. :P
I do have Galactic Adventures but I thought doing the illusion takes too much room to the meter. It is my favorite non-Mario game. I really agree with the better coloring choices, I try to make some REALLY black monsters but it has some bizarre results.

To reduce complexity meter, disguise the gates (you know, red/blue/yellow/white/green gates) as the building foundations, that helps. There are mods that also reduce and/or eliminate the pesky complexity meter altogether.

The coloring function is the main reason it's not easy to make creatures that are more than three colors off.

Spore was so disappointing, tbh.

The difference between the way they hyped the game up and then the actual release game being so shallow...

And don't get me started on the shitty DRM.

Can't believe I bought the collector's edition with the book and DVDs and stuff.

Well we weren't part of the hype so thank goodness we didn't get much out of it. We saw some pre-release concepts, they look pretty cool.

But IMO, I think Galactic Adventures should be the core Spore; they should just ditch those levels.

Eh, if anyone does download the Darkspore mod, then let us know so we can put Mario creatures (that look extremely convincing) in your game.

But meanwhile, you CAN have some of these amazing buildings. If you have Spore up, just click and drag the images into your game, like in the Sporepedia menu, and you can have fun with them or something.

Everyone_zpsbd647c99.png
Pianta_zps318cee03.png
BowserStatuePose_zpse0c5a7f8.png
PrincessPeachStatuePose_zps6a0b01d0.png

Waterfall_zps4c53f95d.png
BabyLuigi_zpsc9ce6aba.png
Mario_zps6e5271d3.png
FLUDD_zps49a22712.png

TanookiMario_zps360b9460.png
ShineSprite_zps4ccaba0e.png
Yoshi1_zps94448de5.png
SuperMariologo_zpseadcb371.png

It's alive again!!!

Why should I make a new one anyways?

Does anyone know how to make an epic from Galactic Adventures not breath fire? I am trying to make a King Kong type of monster rather than another Godzilla.

You can't not make it breathe fire. Sorry about that. Unless you spawn the King Kong guy directly next to something. The fire is his projectile attack.

By the way, I highly recommend you try out the darkspore mod. Not convinced? Check out our thread

http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=5503

21HzFoc.gif

that luigi remind me of

5QLajuz.jpg

That's an incredible amount of effort you've put into these.

Thanks a lot!You only said that because I made an Ashley creature. Spore is not really thriving as it was, but shown by a small group of modders, it's still a dedicated fanbase.

My sister likes to compare Spore GA to Super Mario Maker frequently.

I really wish they'd revive this game, and bring out some more expansions

So do I. Remember when they said there would be a Spore 2? That's probably not gonna happen anymore. Spore is pretty much dead at this point, and it's a real shame. This franchise had so much potential, but EA just doesn't even give a damn. Plus with Maxis dead, it's pretty much confirmed that Spore is dead.

remember when they announced a spore movie

That was announced like, 6 freaking years ago. I think it's probably not going to happen; it, like several video game movies, is in development hell probably for eternity, until they say it's canceled.

Back