Author Topic: Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)  (Read 80684 times)

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)
« Reply #1120 on: February 14, 2019, 12:13:56 AM »
You know I'm just here laughing at 12 year old me who wanted Super Mario Maker more than anything, when the sequel is probably gonna make it entirely useless. Oh my god, that was easily one of, if not THE highlight of this direct... (Obviously since I was long awaiting info on FE that was kinda hard to top.)

Speaking of FE Three Houses...

Honestly, that was pretty cool. At least we got to know what the game is about, and... there are alternate paths in this one. And I've heard lotsa praise coming from this kind of FE game so I'm hype. I'm also liking the character designs so far, nothing questionable yet, and yeah, that's kinda a problem I had in the newer games, the character designs I was seeing there were not the best, even when some looked fantastic, I always found the Tellius designs to be better. This here doesn't look like Tellius, but you know, Fodlan is looking swell. Which is what I really want because this might be my first Fire Emblem if I don't find a copy of Radiant Dawn before release, so it better leave a good impression.

And Link's Awakening. Didn't see that coming. Of all games they could remaster, everyone was waiting for Skyward Sword and then they're like "AWAKENING!"

It was an ok direct. Not spectacular, but I guess there's nothing I could really complain about, except maybe for the lack of Pokemon Gen 8 -And I know someone who's really pissed about that-, but I mean I really wanted info on Three Houses so hey I got what I want.

Also Mario Maker 2 hype, it just looks so cool.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 14, 2019, 01:16:48 AM »
Don’t know why anyone expected Pokémon. It’s always announced in its own direct.

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 14, 2019, 01:45:31 AM »
Mario Maker 2 is one of the best announcements, and I am super grateful that it's a sequel rather than a mere "Deluxe" label that lost its meaning to me. Therefore, I would like to get this game down the road since Mario Maker is quite brilliant, and it's a game that's very likely to receive long-term support.

Captain Toad receiving DLC is OK I guess, but I am still going to wait for a Nintendo Selects version even if it's going to happen a long time from now, because I already got the original (and finished it). Probably would sound odd to say this, but it seems that the 3DS version got the raw end of the deal because it's already had compromised features on top of not getting downloadable content.

Tetris 99 is right up my alley, but I am afraid of the super players who would decimate me in no time.

And perhaps the announcement that is unlikely to be exciting for others is (but it is to me)... Disney Tsum Tsum Festival. I don't care what you say about this, but this looks very nice, and I hope the amount of characters that you can select is a lot because even though it's not the actual Disney characters, having them playable in some form is like a dream-come-true crossover.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Honoka's #5 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 14, 2019, 01:48:03 AM »
Pretty good direct overall, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to wait another 5 years for Pikmin 4 at this rate.

Mario Maker 2 was the best announcement to me.
I'm with yeah gf why do pikmin games take so longer to develop

JC

• Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Blooper
  • Mario jc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 14, 2019, 07:29:21 AM »
Happy to see my first Zelda game is getting remade, I feel like it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. Definitely looking forward to that and Mario Maker 2. :D

Doc von Schmeltwick

• Chain Chomp
  • King of Klonks, bizarre dealer of the dark arts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 14, 2019, 07:52:11 AM »
Happy to see my first Zelda game is getting remade, I feel like it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. Definitely looking forward to that and Mario Maker 2. :D

To be fair, it can't get as much love as it deserves, as that's an unimaginably large amount.

Greninja

• Water Ninja
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Gren! Ninja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 14, 2019, 08:40:07 AM »
I once saw a magazine article from last year that speculated a Link's Awakening remake. I thought "Eh it's obviously fake!", But it ended up being real. What IS fake though, is that the same magazine speculated a new Wario Land on the 3DS, or maybe they simply got confused between Wario Land and WarioWare Gold. Also, they said the game would have been "Wario Land 4", but that game already exists.

Doc von Schmeltwick

• Chain Chomp
  • King of Klonks, bizarre dealer of the dark arts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
Fun fact: A remake for Virtual Boy Wario Land was pitched, but rejected, as Nintendo didn't want to dredge up the Virtual Boy (despite said game actually being pretty good).

Anyways....

It occurred to me
With Link's Awakening getting a remake
this will be the first time since 1988 that Wart gets a 3D model
(the first time being the clay sculpture on the cover of Nintendo Power #1)

Miki Hoshii

• Sleeping Skill Level: Maxed
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 14, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
I sort of watched it in the background just now. I never played Mario Maker and I assume frequent *bleep*ty levels would have kept me from enjoying it but they've probably learnt something to improve on that from the first game right. That's how nintendo does things right. One step forwards, two steps also forwards. I don't like level creation so I'd just buy it to play good created ones.

Astral Chain looks cool, it could just end up being a button masher. Nothing really wrong with that but it'd be a bit of a bummer with how flashy it looks. The trailer was good. I don't play Tetris at all but it's funny that a Tetris game is the only 'battle royale' that I think I would enjoy. FE going with the school setting now, maybe TMS#FE was actually a glimpse of what Fire Emblem will look like in 2030.

I played Link's Awakening years back and didn't really enjoy it, this remake looks cute but I'm certain I won't pick it up just based on that past experience.

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 14, 2019, 09:21:38 PM »
There were some rumours earlier that Link's Awakening would have gotten a 3DS remake, so it's entirely possible that this game was meant for the 3DS but development was switched over to give the game a better life, since 3DS is winding down already (even if it did get a few new games once in a while). I would post the source of the rumours but they are probably considered unreliable sources. Still, the theory is plausible to me.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)