Character Palette Swaps/Costumes

Do you use them? I almost always used a palette swap of some kind in other games in the series because I thought using the default colour was a boring choice but I've found myself only using default Dark Pit so I'm boring now I wonder how everybody else feels about them when choosing a colour.

Do you use a specific colour for your main or do you just go with whatever you feel like in the moment? or do you just not give a fuck

I guess this can encompasse all the games. I use Default Dark Pit, Blue/Purple Pit, Cyan Yoshi and White Pac-Man in smash4 and I use Grey Lucario, Green Marth and Turquoise Sonic in P:M.

With every Smash game they release, I'm increasingly surprised that Mario doesn't have palette swap based on on his 8-bit SMB1 outfit. I mean that one should be a no-brainer.

I don't in Smash 4 because after you use a palette swap, it stays that way on the screen until you manually turn it back to the default one.

In Melee, I use Black Scrubs (Dr. Mario) and Young Link in the blue tunic.

Magikrazy said:
I don't in Smash 4 because after you use a palette swap, it stays that way on the screen until you manually turn it back to the default one.

That thing doesn't happen in the Wii U version.
I use:
Pink Hair Female Villager. (Deadly Cutie Villager)
Purple Palutena. (Sexy Medusa Palutena)
White face and red hair Ganondorf. (Vampiredorf)

i do for most characters, but some characters really have shit ones though, like ganondorf.

I use Green R.O.B., but none of the others that I main have really good ones, so I use default.

When I play the good Captain I generally use the Blood Falcon alt because he was my racer of choice in F-Zero X. Good times. I also just tend to pick whatever for Mega Man and Duck Hunt as I like all of their swaps. Cheche Lucina because Cherche is best waifu.

Umi Sonoda said:
some characters really have shit ones though, like ganondorf.
and bowser jr

I like Rosalina's red dress palette swap the most. Her white dress palette swap comes second, though I use red way more.

ThreeThousand said:
Umi Sonoda said:
some characters really have shit ones though, like ganondorf.
and bowser jr
oh snap

Also: brown hair, green eyed Villager is the best, mainly because it's an accurate representation of me. So, now I'm in Sm4sh, I guess. :)

Maki Nishikino said:
I use straw hat Jigglypuff.

Straw is Law.
unbeatable with pink bow puff combo

id post alts for all my people but theres too many to list
the only one i can think of off the top of my head that i dont use any alts for is kirby

I use Purple Shirt Villager.

BTW, Pink Hair Villager haunts my nightmares. EVERY FREAKIN TIME I see a villager online it's using this alt.

I always use green shirt female Wii Fit Trainer, menu checkerboard Ness and purple biker's cap Wario.

with Villager it's mostly the light blue shirt alt, but I sometimes use the lime green dress alt with a completely different custom set that my friends fear

I switch between Pink Haired Robin and Black Haired Robin a lot

Cotton Candy Mario rules all.

If not, it's Dr. Mario in yellow or Breast Cancer Awareness Dr. Mario.

As a general rule, I tend to use yellow or blue characters.

If I don't mention the original costume then I don't use it at all:

CharacterCostumes used (frequencies)
MarioFire Mario (usually), black alt (rarely)
LucinaCordelia-coloured alt (usually), Tiki-coloured alt (rarely)
Toon LinkBlue alt (usually), dark green alt (rarely)
PeachBlue alt (always)
Diddy KongBlue alt (always)
Rosalina & LumaGreen alt (usually), black alt (sometimes)
ShulkDunban-coloured alt (always)
ZeldaBlue alt (always)
RobinTakurobin (usually), Blue Robin (sometimes), Red Robin (sometimes)

Back