First Mafia Experience

No, this is not a mafia game, but it has to do with Mafia.

Just...what was your first mafia experience? It can be on this site, it can be on another site, it can be both, whatever. I think it would be nice to hear what everyone's first game was and how it went for them. It can be your first game as a player, as a host, or both.

My first Mafia game I played in was back in 2010 called Mafia '73. I remember that I got an invitation from Ralphfan, who was the host, saying that I would probably really like these kind of games (not sure if he was just trying to get sign-ups or if he really meant it, but I do thank him for it). I really wasn't active, and it was weird because this was before the Mafia games had their own board, or that there was a schedule (it was in the forum games instead). I guess I was a doctor for my first game, but I died pretty early on.

As for my first game as a host, I decided to do a little island theme called Mafia Rituals, because Donkey Kong Country was on my mind and I was inspired to do a tropical thing. It was a pretty interesting game, since at that time this one user named BluePikminKong was being banned from all games due to cheating in another game happening at the same times, and he was the godfather in my current game iirc (I know that he was at least Mafia). This game was won by the third party, who were disguised as mafia at the time, so they were a bit op, but it was a good first game.

My first Mafia experience was Awards Mafia 2014, where I was Dr. Wily, the inventor. I was doing pretty well for a good part of the game, until Day 5, where I believe I want sent out to kill Icemario (??? not sure) who had an injuring role to anyone who visited him. One of my scumbuddies healed me too early and I was lynched.

My first Mafia experience was through Smash Wiki in Spring 2013.

Toomai (the person who ran this) set up these fairly basic IRC Mafia games (5-10 people usually, not too many roles) for several hours each Saturday using this bot, and a friend of mine who frequented the channel he was on suggested I take part, and I did.

It was very fun, so I did it again, and again, and again. But eventually things got busy and interest died, so the games stopped for the most part. But because of that, as soon as I joined this community I was quickly attracted towards the Mafia board from past experience with this game. And here I am.

Vaporeon said:
My first Mafia experience was Awards Mafia 2014, where I was Dr. Wily, the inventor. I was doing pretty well for a good part of the game, until Day 5, where I believe I want sent out to kill Icemario (??? not sure) who had an injuring role to anyone who visited him. One of my scumbuddies healed me too early and I was lynched.
Freakworld framed, you went out to kill me.

This is why you don't try to murder me. :dk:

My first Mafia was PiT Mafia.

Obviously, I am new to Mafia.

My first post in this forum was me trying to sign up for a mafia game.

Else it was me getting owned in Awards Mafia III.

I think my first game was Jungle Mafia??? That was cancelled fairly quickly, and I sucked at it iirc

Rocker Mafia 2 was the first mafia game I played that was actually completed. I think I was the cop or something and also remember sucking at that, but apparently I managed to last until Day 8, wow

edit:also I swear we've had a topic like this before

Sabrina said:
Rocker Mafia 2 was the first mafia game I played that was actually completed. I think I was the cop or something and also sucked at that.
Oh hey, that was my first game here as well, I was a replacement.

And wow I was so hesitant, I don't even want to look back at that game. Mafia on a forum instead of an IRC channel threw me off so much.

Sabrina said:
I think my first game was Jungle Mafia??? That was cancelled fairly quickly, and I sucked at it iirc
i lost all interest in doing it and it was pain kinda regret cancelling it but it had to done

My first game was Wind Waker mafia back in 2011 in which I made very little contribution expect giving cop powers to smasher (which i did becuase i knew him more out of anyone else, so it could of gone wrong) and made the game over very quickly with two cops

Freakworld said:
Glaceon said:
Freakworld said:
me getting owned in Awards Mafia III.
Pfft no, you were wrecking the everyone.

True, true.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ZXqsstSvidRZ Read that, especially the last part.
That salt on the wound.

That said that game sounded hilarious, I still need to read it.

Not counting Eragon Mafia and Skyward Sword Mafia (which I don't count because I left like right after they both started (and I was a dragon in both argggghhhh)), my first mafia was Rocker Mafia 2 and I signed up as a replacement and got in the game immediately because someone dropped out. I managed to pull a n00b card to why I was being scummy Day 1 and ended up surviving and winning the game as Mafia. That was pretty cool.

And my first hosting Mafia experience is Dragon Mafia, which was more/less a test to see if I can even host in the first place. Which I did, with some adjustments and improvements. Honestly, I consider Twilight Princess Mafia my first true Mafia I hosted.

What does the post say, and which post are you referring to, anyways?

EDIT: @ Freakworld ^

Freakworld said:
Glaceon said:
Freakworld said:
me getting owned in Awards Mafia III.
Pfft no, you were wrecking the everyone.

True, true.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ZXqsstSvidRZ Read that, especially the last part.
I've yet to have been grained in any mafia game.

It's a great role and I always like to include it in my games. Shame we've not seen it much from recent hosts.

Let's see... My first Mafia experience was June of this year on another site. We call Mafia Wolf on that site. I decided to sign up for a reversal game, which means that mafia is actually town and vice versa and you vote during night phase instead of the day... It was a bit of a complicated game... But anyways, I was a townie (really mafia- remember reversed game) and I failed miserably.... Lol...

I haven't been mafia since then on that site.

my first game was Pikmin mafia, I was the innocent princess and survived to the end.

Day vs Night Mafia

I was lunar and it goes without saying that my faction won (though of course that was no thanks to me lol)

my first mafia was irl with friends. there were only 5 to 8 players whenever we played, and the only roles we had were cop, doctor, villager and mafia
that said, when i first looked at the mafia games here, i was really confused because they were all role madness and i had no clue what all the roles were

my first mafia on this forum was luigi's mansion mafia hosted by nsm. i was a replacement for someone and got lynched on my first day for voting no lynch. it was kinda dumb

Pearl the Creeper Mafia B)

First actual game was the one DF organised on my forum and Maf killed me on the first night. :< First game on here was a roleless mafia game where I f*cked everything up for my inno-buds.

I don't know howe2maf.

I'd also played Werewolves (kinda simplified version of Mafia) IRL a few times with friends and stuff before this if that counts.

Freakworld said:
Vaporeon said:
What does the post say, and which post are you referring to, anyways?

EDIT: @ Freakworld ^

That was the mafia quicktopic of that game.
I know, but you said "read all of it, especially the last part" so I assume you're referring to a post...

no.

The last part is the funny one because that was were they sent half the town to me at night.

Back